Sheffield United Pre-season Fixtures 2013/2014

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
More preseason fixtures and information will appear here as we're allowed to confirm! :)

As usual, will update this post with confirmed dates, times and prices.

July 2013
Wednesday 3rd July - 19:30 - Greenock Morton v. Sheffield United
Adults £10
Concessions £5 (Over 65s, Under 18, Students)
Juniors U16 £3
Pay on the gate, cash only

Saturday 6th July - 15:00 - Cowdenbeath v. Sheffield United
Adults £10
Seniors/Juniors £5
Pay on the gate, cash only.

Wednesday 10th July - 19:30 - Raith Rovers v. Sheffield United
Adults £10
Seniors Over 65/Juniors Under 16 £5
Pay on the gate, cash only.

Saturday 13th July - 11:00 - Sheffield United Academy v. Notts County

Saturday 13th July - 15:00 - Bury v. Sheffield United

Adults £10
Concessions (Under 23, Over 60, Disabled, Unemployed) £5

Tuesday 16th July - 11:00 - Glasgow Rangers v. Sheffield United Academy

Saturday 20th July - 15:00 - Mansfield Town v. Sheffield United
Adults £10
Concessions £5 (Under 16s, Over 65, Students)
SUFC has initially been allocated 1,000 tickets, a further allocation maybe available if necessary.
Ambulant and carer tickets are available at £10 for the pair.
18 pairs of wheelchair and carer tickets are available at £10 for the pair.
Tickets will go on general sale at Sheffield United from 9am on Monday 1st July.
Supporters purchasing tickets from SUFC will be allocated 100 loyalty points.

Monday 22nd July - 19:45 - Stocksbridge Park Steels v. Sheffield United Academy

Friday 26th July - 12:00 -Hull City v. Sheffield United Academy

Friday 26th July - 19:30 - Sheffield United v. Atromitos

Saturday 27th July - 13:30 - York City v. Sheffield United
Adults £12
Concessions (Under 16s, Over 65s, Students) £6
Under 5s Free
SUFC has initially been allocated 500 terrace tickets and 300 seats, a further allocation may be available if necessary.
Ambulant/carer tickets are available at the age appropriate price with the carer going free of charge, however, you must be on middle or high rate DLA for care or mobility.
2 pairs of wheelchair/carer tickets are available priced at the age appropriate price.
Ticket will go on general sale at Sheffield United from 9am on Monday 1st July.
Supporters purchasing tickets from SUFC will be allocated 100 loyalty points.

Tuesday 30th July - - Hallam FC v. Sheffield United Academy

August 2013
Saturday August 3rd - 15:00 - Buxton Town v. Sheffield United Academy

Tuesday August 6th - 19:30 - Belper Town v. Sheffield United Academy

Saturday August 10th - TBC - Leeds United v. Sheffield United Academy

TBC - Academy @ AFC Emley

U16 - Denis Law Soccer Tournament
18th to 21st July - Tournament involving Aberdeen, Celtic, Motherwell, Inverness, Sunderland, Sheffield United + two others TBC - Aberdeen Sports Village & Kings Playing Fields

I never thought I'd think that going to Cowdenbeath was a bit of a result...

Cowdenbeath is not far at all from Dundee, so even if it's the only game I go to, it's worth it for me to see some old mates etc. Plus there's horse racing at Ayr on the opposite side of the country on Sunday and Monday, and I still need to tick that off my list of racecourses to visit.

I am all over this. Are there any rumours about what other fixtures there could potentially be?

• Admin
Back to Morton on the Wednesday according to their local press.

I never thought I'd think that going to Cowdenbeath was a bit of a result...

It IS a result. This I have to do. Back when United got relegated to the third division in 1979, on the night we drew 2-2 with Leicester and relegation was confirmed no matter what, Martin Kelner on his late-night Radio Hallam show commiserated with all Blades and said he'd looked at that night's results, noting that Cowdenbeath had won 3-0. Therefore he suggested that if we were looking for a new club to support, Cowdenbeath could be it. He encouraged us all to write in and join the Cowdenbeath Supporter's Club.

I was the first to write in, and ever since then I've kept on eye out for Cowdenbeath's results, often citing them as my 'second' club, and I've always had it in mind that I should one day go to a game there. Well now I have no excuse. I simply have to go; I might even hitch and get myself on the radio.

On the Friday, the 17:10 train from Donny to Cowdenbeath with a change in Edinburgh has cost me the grand sum of £31.50... add on the £4.50 from Sheffield to Donny and I'm sorted to meet Foxy up there if United make a week of it.

I'm a bit stuck at work for a midweek match but can head up on the Friday night to rendezvous with his Lordship.

On the Friday, the 17:10 train from Donny to Cowdenbeath with a change in Edinburgh has cost me the grand sum of £31.50... add on the £4.50 from Sheffield to Donny and I'm sorted to meet Foxy up there if United make a week of it.

I'm a bit stuck at work for a midweek match but can head up on the Friday night to rendezvous with his Lordship.

It'll be a two-day hitch up for me, although I think I'll get the all-night Megabus from Edinburgh for the journey back to London. Should be an adventure.

It IS a result. This I have to do. Back when United got relegated to the third division in 1979, on the night we drew 2-2 with Leicester and relegation was confirmed no matter what, Martin Kelner on his late-night Radio Hallam show commiserated with all Blades and said he'd looked at that night's results, noting that Cowdenbeath had won 3-0. Therefore he suggested that if we were looking for a new club to support, Cowdenbeath could be it. He encouraged us all to write in and join the Cowdenbeath Supporter's Club.

I was the first to write in, and ever since then I've kept on eye out for Cowdenbeath's results, often citing them as my 'second' club, and I've always had it in mind that I should one day go to a game there. Well now I have no excuse. I simply have to go; I might even hitch and get myself on the radio.
Do you recall 1992 93 when even Cowdenbeath, who had a record to beat all records bad season, getting about 11 points or something , but even they got an away win in league, though none at home..well wilkos leeds got no away win , a yr after they won t league..only club in england n scotland not to win away that season was "loids unaatid"......:)

It'll be a two-day hitch up for me, although I think I'll get the all-night Megabus from Edinburgh for the journey back to London. Should be an adventure.

I will not be joining you on this adventure. That sounds hellish.

Morton would be great if it were a Tuesday. Wednesday might be a bit of a stretch.

I've just checked the train prices from London to Cowdenbeath - I'm definitely hitching.

You have to change at Edinburgh. And yet it costs more to go London to Edinburgh than London to Cowdenbeath. I love our rail network.

You have to change at Edinburgh. And yet it costs more to go London to Edinburgh than London to Cowdenbeath. I love our rail network.

It's the same from Sheffield, more expensive to go to Edinburgh, than change in Edinburgh and on to Cowdenbeath.

It was always Deb's second team - she event went to a league game a few years back. It's rubbed off though because me and one or two others always look out for their results. She would have been all over this fixture.

Morton would be great if it were a Tuesday. Wednesday might be a bit of a stretch.

Oh, I see from the OP that it's the Wednesday before the Cowdenbeath game. That's a bit of a bugger as it means me going West to East, then back West. Maybe I'll sack the racing off.

Any other rumours doing the rounds? I would bloody love Dundee, Dundee United or Arbroath. Or even St Johnstone.

Oh, I see from the OP that it's the Wednesday before the Cowdenbeath game. That's a bit of a bugger as it means me going West to East, then back West. Maybe I'll sack the racing off.

Any other rumours doing the rounds? I would bloody love Dundee, Dundee United or Arbroath. Or even St Johnstone.

Possibly an SPL side, likely Aberdeen

It was always Deb's second team - she event went to a league game a few years back. It's rubbed off though because me and one or two others always look out for their results. She would have been all over this fixture.

Yep, she told me about that, and I believe it was for the same reason as me, Martin Kelner.

Aberdeen have announced a pre-season that doesn't currently include us

Yes I always look out for Cowdenbeath's results along with you Ange! Gutted I can't make this one :(

The Cowdenbeath game is utopia for me. 5 of us have been going up to watch the mighty Blue Brazil for 6 years now at least once a season. This season we went to the final game at Hamilton Accies to see if they could avoid the relegation play offs. The ground is terrible but we are always made really welcome. Please ask for any advice on accommodation, drinking etc. I never thought I'd see the day when we would play them. By the way we met least once a season.some of the Retford Blades at a Cowden game 3 or 4 years ago, they also seem to go up there at least once a season. The ex piggie Sean McAllister finished last season playing for them

Come on Foxy keep up :) been on Bladesmad since yesterday, 3rd game at Raith on W*****day 10th July (confirmed on Raith's site)

Oh my, am all over this. Looking forward to "dancing in the streets of Raith". I used to pass Stark's on the train all the time coming back from Uni but have never been. This could only really get better by adding in a trip to Gayfield or one of the Dundee sides.

Back
Top Bottom