Sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yes, but they're an "honest bunch of players"

I now hate that pathetic statement to cover a lack of skill of the players, especially at PL level.

We really really are a sad football club at the moment, bar the supporters who live and breathe the Club whatever league we find ourselves.

UTB.
Absolutely. Fuck the ability to cover 12km twice a week, be powerful, fast, technically competent and able to resist soft tissue injuries

Do they laugh at the right jokes, drink 5 pints of Peroni and play golf on their days off....

I'm not for sacking Wilder as no one can make a difference this season. We're beyond saving and Derby fans must be getting excited.

But I'm start to think a clean break is needed in the summer and fresh start. My worry is that if we bring in a new manager they'll get mis sold like Slav was, where he had to out the owner publicly near the end of the transfer window after they lied to him over recruitment.

We really are in a sorry state. Even if money is made available in the summer then I don't trust Wilder to spend it as his record with money is wank to say the least.

Wilder should not have been reappointed, it was a plan for failure and I don’t think he’ll do it int Championship.

Nothing will change at this club until the ownership is resolved. FACT

It take money to run a football club and lots of money to run a successful PL club. Prince has done a lot for this club but he doesn’t have the resources to keep us going. Squad will be decimated in the summer and I can’t see him using the PL money to rebuild a stronger squad.

That's not true really. He's been brought in because last time our squad needed a complete overhaul (remember Adkins) Wilder made a great fist of it and we had our best 3 or 4 seasons in recent memory. Will he do it again? I bloody hope so, but we're going to suffer a while yet before a rebuild can get under way. Prince didn't trust Hecky to do it. CW is very experienced in wheeling and dealing and building teams that win games. Let's hope he re-finds his mojo...
Keep on dreaming mate, reality is it ain't happening, but hope you hang to your dreams 👍

Never wanted him back, I would have accepted him as an interim to see the season out but giving him an 18 month contract and letting him be the guy to plot the rebuild was a huge mistake and I said so at the time.

Great the first spell in charge, until his tactics got found out, since then he’s been a busted flush.

There is a break clause in June.

Anyone who thought Wilder would make much of a difference overall was a bit deluded imho.

Whilst we certainly looked a bit better in the first few games, the reality was going to rise to the top.

I wasn't keen on his return but let's be honest, Alf Ramsay, Pep, John Harris, Fergie, Jose et al wouldn't make much difference.

Although they might not have signed Holgate.

Hopefully your fucking joking, otherwise it's the blades, blade thing kicking in... Next Montgomery.. which the clappers are probably promoting 😒
An this is the problem TJ to many blades just want to go round in circles promoting ex players/managers at the club scared fucking shitless of changes. Get sharp in get jags as defensive coach JOC fitness get warnock back. FFS the club needs totally reinventing I don't wanna see any ex blade anywhere near the club we need fresh faces new ideas new players. I don't wanna see an be happy that someone has runabout for 90mins put a crunching tackle in. I wanna see skill pace fast flowing football with a purpose I don't care how long the rebuild takes but just fucking do it.

An this is the problem TJ to many blades just want to go round in circles promoting ex players/managers at the club scared fucking shitless of changes. Get sharp in get jags as defensive coach JOC fitness get warnock back. FFS the club needs totally reinventing I don't wanna see any ex blade anywhere near the club we need fresh faces new ideas new players. I don't wanna see an be happy that someone has runabout for 90mins put a crunching tackle in. I wanna see skill pace fast flowing football with a purpose I don't care how long the rebuild takes but just fucking do it.
You heretic!! How dare you suggest people actually earn their job based on merit and having a strategic plan for what they're going to do to put it right

How did that conversation go do we think?

PA: Chris, we're letting Hecky go because it's turned into an epic cluster fuck. If we offered you the job, what would you do to put it right?

CW: I'd stick McPub up top, bring in a couple of loan players who haven't played much, piss off the GK so much we'll have to bring in Robin Olsen's brother, whilst Knill gets completely out coached by the 2024 PL class.... In the meantime, i reckon i can get a tune out the rest, they are after all, and honest bunch of lads...

When a player has a bad game, the manager would expect them to hold their hands up. I've just listened to Wilder's post-match interview, was really hoping he'd do the same and say, look, I picked the wrong team, I fucked up, sorry.

Usually, win or lose, I listen to his interview and he makes me feel better. But not today.

Just watched Wilders interview.

Pretty humble about it. He got it wrong the players got it wrong and it was poor.

That for me is at least a good sign. No trying to paper over anything.

When we had the 8-0 loss to Newcastle. The thing that grated on me was that Hecky said "these things happen". Which he is right they do but still...

Hecky had a poor hand and Wilders been given that hand too.
Oh for fuck sake wake up!!. The fuckers a busted flush what nobody other than us daft cunts would employ...

Keep Wilder , get rid of most of the squad in the break , go again with budget players , and give it till Christmas then decide, that’s me !

Was looking at the stats, just depressing how bad it has been:

1707006227667.png
1707006234931.png

Wilder has been an improvement, but it's still poor and in the whole season we have only managed a single game where we have comprehensively scored more xG than our component and we managed to lose that one!

All joking apart, if we get rolled over next week, why is his position any more tenable than Hecky's was.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating getting shut, but my concern has always been that no-one was going to get much more out of this squad.

In fairness we improved more than I expected in Wilders first games but the honeymoon period is over and we're very much back at square 1.

Wilder should not have been reappointed, it was a plan for failure and I don’t think he’ll do it int Championship.

Nothing will change at this club until the ownership is resolved. FACT

It take money to run a football club and lots of money to run a successful PL club. Prince has done a lot for this club but he doesn’t have the resources to keep us going. Squad will be decimated in the summer and I can’t see him using the PL money to rebuild a stronger squad.
Fact indeed. Everyone needs to start praying for a billionaire owner to buy the club. I'll keep my eyes and ears open too.

Back
Top Bottom