Norwood’s Shirt

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll never understand the pile on that one or two players seem to face every single season. Norwood has been an incredible servant of this club. Without him (first half of) last season we simply don't get promoted.
Clearly he doesn't have the athletic capabilities to play in the premier League and playing for a team who average way under 40% possession is never going to play to his strengths.

He'll be big for us in the championship next season. No he isn't good enough at this level, but that's true of every single player in this squad. So stop looking for reasons to criticise him.
Norwoods legs went years ago. He has been a great servant to the club, but so we're Enda, Billy, Didzy etc. If he is still playing for us next year, we will be in trouble.

Norwoods legs went years ago. He has been a great servant to the club, but so we're Enda, Billy, Didzy etc. If he is still playing for us next year, we will be in trouble.

Norwood never had legs, it's just not part of his game.
For the first half of last season I thought he was excellent, absolutely back to his best. Pretty much everything went through him. Unfortunately teams quickly cottonned on to that fact and stood on him from the first minute and we didn't have the talent or nouse to adapt.

I just don't get the disrespect for Norwood. I think it's as simple as, if you're the lynchpin and everything goes through you; when the team are bad, you look bad, when the team are good you look good.

If you're going to do shit like that then do it in the tunnel, not in full view of fans who have forked out hard earned money doing proper jobs to watch him wander around pointing, chasing shadows and aimlessly booting the ball back to their centre halves every time he actually got a touch of the ball.

Just makes us look like a tinpot conference team who are happy for the day out. It's pathetic
If he’d waited until he got to the tunnel to do it he might have lost the shirt to one of his teammates after they’d done collecting autographs.

It obviously made his day.

Foody it’s nothing to do with Norwood’s standard of play it’s the fact he went chasing Rodri for his shirt as soon as the whistle was blown. Go over to the Blade fans first and show your appreciation. You can go and arse lick Rodri out of view of everybody off the pitch. It just wasn’t a very classy thing to do in my opinion

So what, why should we care? The bloke's playing in the best league in the world, against the best team in the world, why wouldn't you want something from the occasion? Fans get over entitled sometimes, at the end of the day the blokes doing a job, we're not his employers, we voluntarily pay to see him.
How about taking a point home, then?

Norwood if the only only reason you never laid a finger on Rodri was to get his shirt then please get out of our club. The only thing more embarrassing was Rodri declining yours.

Don't blame him. They are the champions of the galaxy after all.

I'll never understand the pile on that one or two players seem to face every single season. Norwood has been an incredible servant of this club. Without him (first half of) last season we simply don't get promoted.
Clearly he doesn't have the athletic capabilities to play in the premier League and playing for a team who average way under 40% possession is never going to play to his strengths.

He'll be big for us in the championship next season. No he isn't good enough at this level, but that's true of every single player in this squad. So stop looking for reasons to criticise him.
The year is 2085 and Norwood is still here. Let's move on from past great players jeez.

Thanks Bash, Baldock, Egan, Norwood and Fleck 👍

It’s something you do when you’re 7 not 32. What a twat. This isn’t the Sheffield United I know. In your face, fuck your reputation, having a go. Did he ask him to sign it after “Hello Mr Rodri, can you sign my shirt?”. Fucking wet fart. Get out of our club Oli and double time it.

Last week Norwood purposely kicks the ball out from the kick off.

Today he sprints over to swap shirts with a player that just played him off the park.

Think we should tie a little white flag to the top of Norwood's shirt cuz that's the signal heat giving off to the supporters.

Pretty sure Wilder said "We are NOT in this league to be stare-struck"
But then why the fuck is Wilder picking him ?

If you're going to do shit like that then do it in the tunnel, not in full view of fans who have forked out hard earned money doing proper jobs to watch him wander around pointing, chasing shadows and aimlessly booting the ball back to their centre halves every time he actually got a touch of the ball.

Just makes us look like a tinpot conference team who are happy for the day out. It's pathetic
He’d be out on his fucking arse on Monday morning if I was the Manager. Just about had enough of the gravy train down at the Lane for players well past their sell by date. Topping up their pension plan for the past two years with absolute ineptness. Really starting to boil my piss.

Norwood can't fuck off quickly enough now. Run his race at Bramall Lane. Let him go to a lower league team or a foreign team and he can tell them all about playing in the PL and getting Rodris shirt. Bless. As for United, CW should be telling them that swapping shirts is banned. At least act like you deserve to be on the same pitch as them rather than acting like a star struck teenager.
Norwood deserves more respect

Think on

He’s trying his best to steer a sinking foul smelling ship

Nope. He's a cunt.

If he's still playing for us next season we will be knocking on the door of L1..

This thread is both hilarious and tragic in equal measure.

Supposedly grown men pissing their knickers about something, which let's be completely honest with ourselves, is rather trivial.

Should he have applauded the supporters before asking for a shirt swap? Yes. But does it really fucking matter? No would be my response.

And before someone asks, no I wasn't there today and didn't fork out, but had I been there I wouldn't have been remotely bothered by this little "incident".

Since the moment he arrived here, whatever he has done good or bad, he seems to boil the piss in a section of our support, as do another select bunch of our players. I suspect most of you will get your wish before too long and he will leave anyway but I wouldn't blame if he wanted to get as far away from the place as he could, as soon as possible.

As much as Norwood has dipped in terms of form and performances since early last season, he’s been available, wanted to play and worked hard when he’s played.

He’s just not good enough,

The vitriolic remarks are astounding.

I get annoyed with the likes of Fleck and Stevens, who fell off a cliff and then were just permanently injured but Norwood is a similar player to how he always has been, he’s just slower and less mobile than the modern PL requires him to be.

GLTTL if and when he moves on. Top professional for me and more than entitled to ask for the shirt of a top player as he nears the end of his PL career.

He’d be out on his fucking arse on Monday morning if I was the Manager. Just about had enough of the gravy train down at the Lane for players well past their sell by date. Topping up their pension plan for the past two years with absolute ineptness. Really starting to boil my piss.
Last 2 years? He was pivotal to us topping the league in the 1st half of last season, that one where we were promoted with 91 points!!

I have to agree, the last dozen or so games he has played have shown his weaknesses. However as someone already mentioned, he is rarely injured, so almost always available, he shows continuously throughout games and gives all he has got. He dosent look good enough any more, but it is certainly not for any lack of effort.

He was part of the most successful Blades team in recent times and should be shown more respect.
For all his faults I would happily have him as team mate, knowing you get everything from him that he can give.

I once forgot to take my pair of goalie gloves from Goals at Norfolk park. They weren't signed, but hope whoever has them gave them to a fatpaul fan, and is now chuffed to bits with them,

It’s something you do when you’re 7 not 32. What a twat. This isn’t the Sheffield United I know. In your face, fuck your reputation, having a go. Did he ask him to sign it after “Hello Mr Rodri, can you sign my shirt?”. Fucking wet fart. Get out of our club Oli and double time it.
How do you know he wasn't getting the shirt for a 7 year old?

I'm not sure how you can call anyone a "wet fart" when you're angry and upset at someone for something as mundane as asking a fellow professional for a shirt. Pot, kettle, black, etc.

How do you know he wasn't getting the shirt for a 7 year old?

I'm not sure how you can call anyone a "wet fart" when you're angry and upset at someone for something as mundane as asking a fellow professional for a shirt. Pot, kettle, black, etc.
You don't understand do you ! JT 89.

Back
Top Bottom