It’s time for a change …

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would you like to be manager at Fulham ?

• Wilder

Votes: 56 14.9%
  • Hecky

Votes: 212 56.5%
  • Other …

Votes: 107 28.5%

• Total voters

They were great. He built a great side that had an unusual style and real identity. It was a great journey that lasted until 2020, after which some key players had reached their peak, the newly-promoted-enthusiasm was gone and teams had figured how to deal with our style.
We still play the same style and his players are arguable our best ones even now.

Wes / Robbo / Baldock / Mcburnie

All start for us and are our better players.

The thing is the absolute arsehole of a chairman will actually pull the trigger when it's absolutely all on him for giving the manager a squad not good enough for the championship to take on thr prem.

In fact our chairman is no better than the one across the city.

I do find it hilarious that of the 5 years under wilder people concentrate on the last 4/5 months

Not the the 4 1/2 years of continuous success

Every manager fails , every single one 👍
What about the entirety of his time at Watford and Boro as well? He's hardly gone on to prove us wrong for sacking him since has he? No other Prem team and most Championship sides would consider hiring him currently.

The only reason we would has nothing to do with logic and everything to do with some naive idea about bringing the good old times back.

We are one win (in theory) from climbing out of the bottom three. Too early to panic imo.

Give PH a chance to turn things around and find his best team from the new squad.

Sorry to see Egan go off injured, but that might force his hand to make the necessary changes now. The defence and midfield needs a refresh.

Based on what I saw today, I would like to see this lineup v Fulham.

-------------------Wes---------------------
-------Anel-----Trusty-----JLT----------
Baldock/Bogle----------------Thomas
--------------Souza---Davies----------
------------------Slimane----------------
-----------McB-----------Archer--------

That gives us some good options from the bench in Hamer, McAtee, Traore and Brewster.
Good line up, Slimane looked good today, he would be in my team next week, Don’t know what anyone sees in Souze, too-slow, wonders around in midfield, doesn’t track back, goes missing and when he does gets the ball he doesn’t know what to do with it and ends up giving it away! What’s not to like!

Can you write down what he’s done this season?

We are currently on track for 5 points and a goal difference of -76. But please do let me know the positives.
Managed a side the lost narrowly to three sides that will be near or in the European competitions next season. There are grounds for optimism even in the darkest hours. The defence needs some serious attention.

Managed a side the lost narrowly to three sides that will be near or in the European competitions next season. There are grounds for optimism even in the darkest hours. The defence needs some serious attention.
That’s good then. So we nearly got a point.

The thing is the absolute arsehole of a chairman will actually pull the trigger when it's absolutely all on him for giving the manager a squad not good enough for the championship to take on thr prem.

In fact our chairman is no better than the one across the city.

Yusef?

I think the question isn't Hecky, it's his gaffer, the Prince, as he's the one who makes the telling decisions - and I think his priority is selling the club. What the Prince wants is a saleable club and a fortnight ago we were "a battling underdog that can take the mighty Man City and Spurs to the wire and a club that the likes of Guardiola and Klopp trust to develop their young stars". Now we're "a club that's lost it's identity and spirit and a place that is more likely to destroy a young player's confidence and undermine their career".

The challenge facing Hecky is not necessarily to win, but to get some spirit and performance back. If he does that I think the Prince will stand by him as he's helping sell the club.

Add to this what happened over the summer. The Prince in effect took the promotion windfall monies to balance the books/make the club more saleable - leaving Hecky with a transfer budget that was never going to be enough to do anything with beyond making a fight of it. So the plan has been to bring in youth and potential with one eye on relegation since before the season even started. We've built a strong Championship side that should only get stronger if we keep developing the kids like last season and before.

So will the Prince sack Hecky? IMO, only if performances make the sale of the club too difficult, then he'll try to find another manager who can hopefully refresh the approach whilst still developing the kids for next season. I think Hecky has four games to get a performance (and hopefully points) before the Prince acts. But I do think performance and "sell-ability" are probably the name of the game.

The same dressing room that vocally voiced their opinions and support for their gaffer ,as soon as Hecky sacking rumours appeared....

Yeah proper lost them obviously... 😂😂
The same players who obviously downed tools in the second half v Newcastle?? They proper showed thier support for him then didnt they??!!

Get shut of him & quick.

The only way I could get behind a Hecky sacking would be if the replacement was a genuinely exciting one. Wilder does nothing for me. None of the usual suspects on the managerial merry-go-round do anything for me.

One name which really appeals to me is Will Still. Young, up-and-coming and wants to manage in the Premier League. Took Reims on a 19-game unbeaten run last season meaning he has experience in making a team hard to beat, which is something we desperately need right now. His unusual journey through football would win over a few fans from a media perspective as it's a great story.

An appointment of that ilk would soften the blow of sacking Hecky who has, frankly, worked wonders to get us up. Basically I'm saying if we're going to get rid, it better be for someone fucking good.

The same players who obviously downed tools in the second half v Newcastle?? They proper showed thier support for him then didnt they??!!

Get shut of him & quick.
Downed tools because of Hecky? Or due to the fact that they were simply outplayed by a team with more about it on the day.....??

I never understand blaming 1 man, when you have 11+ players to blame!

Nowt to do with the ridiculous financial advantage that most of the league have! It's no massive coincidence that the struggling teams are those who haven't had vast amounts to splash around is it. Having a go at Hecky for last weeks performance is comical! Look at the team as well ffs

The only way I could get behind a Hecky sacking would be if the replacement was a genuinely exciting one. Wilder does nothing for me. None of the usual suspects on the managerial merry-go-round do anything for me.

One name which really appeals to me is Will Still. Young, up-and-coming and wants to manage in the Premier League. Took Reims on a 19-game unbeaten run last season meaning he has experience in making a team hard to beat, which is something we desperately need right now. His unusual journey through football would win over a few fans from a media perspective as it's a great story.

An appointment of that ilk would soften the blow of sacking Hecky who has, frankly, worked wonders to get us up. Basically I'm saying if we're going to get rid, it better be for someone fucking good.
Surely any up-and- coming young manager would want a Premiership team better that one containing championship players or at least with potential for the Premiership which costs dough we dont have.

Surely any up-and- coming young manager would want a Premiership team better that one containing championship players or at least with potential for the Premiership which costs dough we dont have.

Possibly not. But some people like a challenge, and in our current situation we are most definitely that.

Never said it'd be likely 😂

Interesting suggestion in Still. He has managed under PA before at Beerschot. Yet despite him getting them a 9th place finish and keeping them in the top division the Club parted ways with him at the end of the reason in search of a more experienced manager. The result was Beerschot finished bottom next season and were relegated leaving them in their current mess. So may be a case of once bitten twice shy as far as Still is concerned. Agree though he would be a forward thinking appointment rather than the short term backward step of appointing a former manager.

On the way back from today , it’s my opinion we need wilder Back what’s yours

Sensible replies only please

You seem to know everything about football so why don't you volunteer for the job? Might keep you from posting nonsense on the forum for a while.

I think appointing Wilder mid-season would be daft.

I think Hecky deserves way more time.

If Hecky does leave, I’d be OK with Wilder coming back next season, coming in early having a full pre-season, etc.

we cannot go with 2 strikers in away games we have to get another body in midfield to stop teams walking through us were out of games before our strikers can get in to games hecky is his own worst enemy with his naive tactics he got away with it in the championship but not in this league im afraid
Especially if it's 2 strikers plus McAtee in midfield

We are one win (in theory) from climbing out of the bottom three. Too early to panic imo.

Give PH a chance to turn things around and find his best team from the new squad.

Sorry to see Egan go off injured, but that might force his hand to make the necessary changes now. The defence and midfield needs a refresh.

Based on what I saw today, I would like to see this lineup v Fulham.

-------------------Wes---------------------
-------Anel-----Trusty-----JLT----------
Baldock/Bogle----------------Thomas
--------------Souza---Davies----------
------------------Slimane----------------
-----------McB-----------Archer--------

That gives us some good options from the bench in Hamer, McAtee, Traore and Brewster.

Don't dare say McAtee and/or Hamer shouldn't play. You'll get linched... despite the fact that both have been poor in possession.
Hamer is getting away with his performances so far because he's scored a couple. But if you watch him, he often has his basic short passes intercepted.
They're both extremely good flair players, but my worry is that we're playing too many attacking players at the moment. We need to grind out results and gain some confidence.

It was no coincidence that as soon as we git promoted under Wilder, he stopped using a central attacking mid (Duffy) and went with a flat 3 in midfield.

I'm thinking away from home we need a 5-4-1

Wes
Baldock - Anel - Trusty - Robinson - Thomas
Slimane -Norwood - Souza
Hamer (or McAtee)
McBurnie
At home, go with 2 strikers and a more expansive formation.

Back
Top Bottom