It’s time for a change …

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who would you like to be manager at Fulham ?

• Wilder

Votes: 56 14.9%
  • Hecky

Votes: 212 56.5%
  • Other …

Votes: 107 28.5%

• Total voters

The same dressing room that vocally voiced their opinions and support for their gaffer ,as soon as Hecky sacking rumours appeared....

Yeah proper lost them obviously... 😂😂
Yes but players are not suicidal. Not many would criticize a manager unless they don't want to be in the starting 11

The same dressing room that vocally voiced their opinions and support for their gaffer ,as soon as Hecky sacking rumours appeared....

Yeah proper lost them obviously... 😂😂
Why aren’t they signing new deals then?

What have you seen in the last 7 games to say we are gonna win ?

There hasnt been a game where we should have won IMO

Spurs away we got battered and got a goal from a throw in IMO

The only games we’ve not been in were Palace (H) and Newcastle (H), and even then there are positive points / reasons for the lack of return.

For what it’s worth here’s my quick season summary with the realistic points return -

Palace (H) - Outplayed and severely under strength. 0 points.

Forest (A) - All over them for periods and still under strength. 1 point.

City (H) - Outplayed as expected but nicked an equaliser, any other defender bar Larouci hammers that ball out and we hold on for possibly a draw. There was probably enough time for City though to still win. 0 points.

Everton (H) - All over them for periods and no idea how we didn’t score in that last 10. 3 points.

Spurs (A) - Last season we win this. The ridiculous added time rule has fucked us. 3 points.

Newcastle (H) - Well in the game in the first 20, but 3 dodgy decisions and we’re chasing the game at half time. After the first we folded badly and deserved nothing. 0 points.

West Ham (A) - Played ok but gave them too many easy chances, and couldn’t get back in to the game. 0 points.

I have us on 7 points standard at the moment, and think it will click. We need to be patient and stop this nonsense talk about getting Wilder back.

We’re getting no favours, and likely to go down, but there’s the expectation that we’re going to win every game despite playing 4 teams so far in Europe, and being under strength in the opening 2.

Stick with Hecky for me, it’s not panic stations just yet.

Last edited:
The only games we’ve not been in we’re Palace (H) and Newcastle (H), and even then there are positive points / reasons for the lack of return.

For what it’s worth here’s my quick season summary with the realistic points return -

City (H) - Outplayed as expected but nicked an equaliser, any other defender bar Larouci hammers that ball out and we hold on for possibly a draw. There was probably enough time for City though to still win. 0 points.

Everton (H) - All over them for periods and no idea how we didn’t score in that last 10. 3 points.

Spurs (A) - Last season we win this. The ridiculous added time rule has fucked us. 3 points.

Newcastle (H) - Well in the game in the first 20, but 3 dodgy decisions and we’re chasing the game at half time. After the first we folded badly and deserved nothing. 0 points.

West Ham (A) - Played ok but gave them too many easy chances, and couldn’t get back in to the game. 0 points.

I have us on 7 points standard at the moment, and think it will click. We need to be patient and stop this nonsense talk about getting Wilder back.

We’re getting no favours, and likely to go down, but there’s the expectation that we’re going to win every game despite playing 4 teams so far in Europe, and being under strength in the opening 2.

Love this post. Bravo sir.

On the way back from today , it’s my opinion we need wilder Back what’s yours

Sensible replies only please
What needs to change is the short term memories (and perhaps even entitlement) shown by a chunk of fans.

Hecky did tremendously well to get us automatically promoted. See Slav. See a bunch of other teams that thought they might get promoted.

We're not a rich club, not even a lucky club. We just want to be at the top table, which is never a given for Sheffield United. I still back us to stay up. Win at Fulham (for example) and the table will suddenly look very different.

Wilder told Allardyce he doesn't see it happening snd is looking at offers from abroad.

Hopefully the lunatics can now return to the asylum.

wouldn't matter who manager is you need to spend big and buy quality to survive in Premier League
we don't have that sort of £
even Pep would't make any difference with squad players we have
there just not good enough .......... period
suck it up and enjoy the ride
COYRAWW

The only games we’ve not been in were Palace (H) and Newcastle (H), and even then there are positive points / reasons for the lack of return.

We were all over forest and Everton ? Come off it what game were you watching

Forest we deserved to lose and Forest were poor they won’t play that bad all season

Everton was our best performance this year but even then Everton could have still won 50/50 game IMO

Spurs we got battered barely got out our own half bar a throw in and The archer shot we got what we deserved

My point is I have watched Luton and Burnley and they have looked far better than us

Take your bladey blade bias glasses off we have been woeful this year

There are zero signs we will pick up 35/40 pints in 29 games

He should have been sacked last week , I would have sacked him in the summer all the signs were there that he isn’t up to the job

But that's with you red and white glasses on.
Everton fans think they were far better than us and should have won, their gutted to only draw.

In these situation when deciding who should have won.
You could look at the in game possession, shots an corners stats.

However team might have 10 shots, all from outside the box
whilst the other only has 2 shots, but they are both clear chances, almost open nets.
So in that scenario the team only have the 2 shots should have won.

Now there's a neutral unbias system that counts not just the number of chances but also the quality of chances
and it gives a scoreline based on XG (expected goals).

You have us as deserving to beat Everton and Spurs, so lets compare the stats and XG.

Sheff Utd possession 45% shots 13 with 8 on target, corners 4
Everton possession 55%, shots 16 with 6 on target, corners 6
Our XG was 1.57 where as the Everton XG was 2.74

The in-game stats show it was a close game that Everton just edged.
The only stat we beat them on is we had slightly more shots on target
but based on quality of chances, Everton deserved to win.
Fair enough McBunie was unlucky with his last minute chance but lets
not forget the Archer 2nd goal was a total fluke and very lucky.
It's the only game we've played this season where we've created a few chances though but Everton also had good chances.

Sheff United possession 30% shots 7 with 5 on target, corners 2
Spurs possession 70%, shots 28 and 10 on target, corners 15
Our XG was 0.79 and Spurs XG was 2.16

Fair enough could say a little unlucky to concede 2 late goals
but any neutral person would say that Spurs totally outclassed us.
We had just 7 shots compared to Spurs 28 shots.
We had 2 corners compared to Spurs 15 corners.

Common sense says allowing the other team to dominate every match
means unless there's a total fluke you're going to lose almost every match.
I've heard Hecky mention how unlucky we were in the Man City match, again this is false.
They hit the inside of the post on a penalty and missed loads of chances.

Based on performances and general play we've exceeded our XG
A neutral unbias person when assessing the data would say, we deserve to be on 0 points.

Last edited:
What needs to change is the short term memories (and perhaps even entitlement) shown by a chunk of fans.

Hecky did tremendously well to get us automatically promoted. See Slav. See a bunch of other teams that thought they might get promoted.

We're not a rich club, not even a lucky club. We just want to be at the top table, which is never a given for Sheffield United. I still back us to stay up. Win at Fulham (for example) and the table will suddenly look very different.

Entitlement

Should I be grateful that we have the 1 point and Newcastle only beat us 8-0 and not 10-0

But that's with you red and white glasses on.
Everton fans think they were far better than us and should have won, their gutted to only draw.

In these situation when deciding who should have won.
You could look at the in game possession, shots an corners stats.

However team might have 10 shots, all from outside the box
whilst the other only has 2 shots, but they are both clear chances, almost open nets.
So in that scenario the team only have the 2 shots should have won.

Now there's a neutral unbias system that counts not just the number of chances but also the quality of chances
and it gives a scoreline based on XG (expected goals).

You have us as deserving to beat Everton and Spurs, so lets compare the stats and XG.

Sheff Utd possession 45% shots 13 with 8 on target, corners 4
Everton possession 55%, shots 16 with 6 on target, corners 6
Our XG was 1.57 where as the Everton XG was 2.74

The in-game stats show it was a close game that Everton just edged.
The only stat we beat them on is we had slightly more shots on target
but based on quality of chances, Everton deserved to win.
Fair enough McBunie was unlucky with his last minute chance but lets
not forget the Archer 2nd goal was a total fluke and very lucky.
It's the only game we've played this season where we've created a few chances.

Sheff United possession 30% shots 7 with 5 on target, corners 2
Spurs possession 70%, shots 28 and 10 on target, corners 15
Our XG was 0.79 and Spurs XG was 2.16

Fair enough could say a little unlucky to concede 2 late goals
but any neutral person would say that Spurs totally outclassed us.
We had just 7 shots compared to Spurs 28 shots.
We had 2 corners compared to Spurs 15 corners.

Common sense says allowing the other team to dominate every match
means unless there's a total fluke you're going to lose almost every match.
I've heard Hecky mention how unlucky we were in the Man City match, again this is false.
They hit the inside of the post on a penalty and missed loads of chances.

Based on performances and general play we've exceeded our XG
A neutral unbias person when assessing the data would say, we deserve to be on 0 points.

Correct 👍

We have been woeful

If we had zero points and showed signs of winning showed spirit etc

Id happily back hecky but there are no signs none at all

Even if we Fluke a 1-0 win at craven cottage I’d still get rid

We had superior players last year so that carried our lack of a manager and tactics

This year no chance

Wilder told Allardyce he doesn't see it happening snd is looking at offers from abroad.

Hopefully the lunatics can now return to the asylum.

Do you reckon wilder would say , yeah Sam I’ve spoke to the chairman and I’m just waiting for them to sack him

Also ”doesn’t see “ is very open to change if he actually said that

wouldn't matter who manager is you need to spend big and buy quality to survive in Premier League
we don't have that sort of £
even Pep would't make any difference with squad players we have
there just not good enough .......... period
suck it up and enjoy the ride
COYRAWW

It's not about the result so much, it's about the performance.
Last season we were better than Luton, they've hardly spent anything.

So how come apart from their first 2 games they are competing better than us.
Look at their in game stats and XG data and she's been the better side in 2 of their matches (home to West Ham and Wolves)
They also seem to have plenty of shots, create chances and have plenty of corners in most matches.
They're losing but Luton are competitive, where as we look like a league 1 side playing a PL side in the cup.

Also managers DO make a different to style of play, tactics, substations and effort.
Agree might not make a different to the result but would make a difference to the performance.

It's not about the result so much, it's about the performance.
Last season we were better than Luton, they've hardly spent anything.

So how come apart from their first 2 games they are competing better than us.
Look at their in game stats and XG data and she's been the better side in 2 of their matches (home to West Ham and Wolves)
They also seem to have plenty of shots, create chances and have plenty of corners in most matches.
They're losing but Luton are competitive, where as we look like a league 1 side playing a PL side in the cup.

Also managers DO make a different to style of play, tactics, substations and effort.
Agree might not make a different to the result but would make a difference to the performance.
Don't know who Luton have bought if anybody but it looks as though they have a settled side which a newly promoted club definitely needs.

Don't know who Luton have bought if anybody but it looks as though they have a settled side which a newly promoted club definitely needs.

Agree. continuity and keeping the same successful team together is really important.
Maybe the real issue is that we miss N'Diaye more than we thought we would
but that would mean that last season we were almost a "one man team", so our average tactics and average players was masked
when a significant part of Hecky's attacking tactics was simply "just give it to N'Diaye"

1990 91 season in the top flight took 18 games to win max points finished mid table ,,,, stop this stupid wobbling 4 points after 18 games no calling for heads to roll
25 Aug 1990Sheffield United v LiverpoolL1-3League Division One
29 Aug 1990Derby County v Sheffield UnitedD1-1League Division One
01 Sep 1990Crystal Palace v Sheffield UnitedL1-0League Division One
08 Sep 1990Sheffield United v Manchester CityD1-1League Division One
15 Sep 1990Southampton v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
23 Sep 1990Sheffield United v Leeds UnitedL0-2League Division One
29 Sep 1990Chelsea v Sheffield UnitedD2-2League Division One
06 Oct 1990Sheffield United v WimbledonL1-2League Division One
20 Oct 1990Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield UnitedL4-0League Division One
27 Oct 1990Sheffield United v Coventry CityL0-1League Division One
03 Nov 1990Norwich City v Sheffield UnitedL3-0League Division One
10 Nov 1990Sheffield United v EvertonD0-0League Division One
17 Nov 1990Manchester United v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
24 Nov 1990Sheffield United v SunderlandL0-2League Division One
01 Dec 1990Aston Villa v Sheffield UnitedL2-1League Division One
15 Dec 1990Liverpool v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
22 Dec 1990Sheffield United v Nottingham ForestW3-2League Division One
26 Dec 1990Luton Town v Sheffield UnitedW0-1League Division One

Correct 👍

We have been woeful

If we had zero points and showed signs of winning showed spirit etc

Id happily back hecky but there are no signs none at all

Even if we Fluke a 1-0 win at craven cottage I’d still get rid

We had superior players last year so that carried our lack of a manager and tactics

This year no chance
We have not been woeful.

There are signs.

There is every chance.

Things change, form can change, players can suddenly spark.

Stop your defeatism and stop it now.

We have not been woeful.

There are signs.

There is every chance.

Things change, form can change, players can suddenly spark.

Stop your defeatism and stop it now.

What signs ?

The signs were there last year , we were awful at times last year

The defeatist thing to do is to keep him 👍

1990 91 season in the top flight took 18 games to win max points finished mid table ,,,, stop this stupid wobbling 4 points after 18 games no calling for heads to roll
25 Aug 1990Sheffield United v LiverpoolL1-3League Division One
29 Aug 1990Derby County v Sheffield UnitedD1-1League Division One
01 Sep 1990Crystal Palace v Sheffield UnitedL1-0League Division One
08 Sep 1990Sheffield United v Manchester CityD1-1League Division One
15 Sep 1990Southampton v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
23 Sep 1990Sheffield United v Leeds UnitedL0-2League Division One
29 Sep 1990Chelsea v Sheffield UnitedD2-2League Division One
06 Oct 1990Sheffield United v WimbledonL1-2League Division One
20 Oct 1990Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield UnitedL4-0League Division One
27 Oct 1990Sheffield United v Coventry CityL0-1League Division One
03 Nov 1990Norwich City v Sheffield UnitedL3-0League Division One
10 Nov 1990Sheffield United v EvertonD0-0League Division One
17 Nov 1990Manchester United v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
24 Nov 1990Sheffield United v SunderlandL0-2League Division One
01 Dec 1990Aston Villa v Sheffield UnitedL2-1League Division One
15 Dec 1990Liverpool v Sheffield UnitedL2-0League Division One
22 Dec 1990Sheffield United v Nottingham ForestW3-2League Division One
26 Dec 1990Luton Town v Sheffield UnitedW0-1League Division One

Aren't you the one always saying that results against other teams In history have no bearing on the here and now?

Aren't you the one always saying that results against other teams In history have no bearing on the here and now?
No Im saying everything is based on previous seasons . Biggest clubs ar big because they have the best history. Smaller clubs struggle as they've had little success. One crazy result doesn't define a season. 4 teams have conceded 9 in prem games 3 of them recovered enough to stay up.

No Im saying everything is based on previous seasons . Biggest clubs ar big because they have the best history. Smaller clubs struggle as they've had little success. One crazy result doesn't define a season. 4 teams have conceded 9 in prem games 3 of them recovered enough to stay up.
Oh.

What signs ?

The signs were there last year , we were awful at times last year

The defeatist thing to do is to keep him 👍
Only defeatist and moaners would complain ar the pathetic 91 points we accumulated. The signs like the most clean sheets and thrashing Burnley 5-2

Or the immensedisappointment of drawing games which are seen as disasters by some

Only defeatist and moaners would complain ar the pathetic 91 points we accumulated. The signs like the most clean sheets and thrashing Burnley 5-2

Or the immensedisappointment of drawing games which are seen as disasters by some

As I have said before that was mainly down to having a better squad that every other team in the league bar Burnley

How many times did we play well last year ?

How many games was it 0-0 at half time and like watching Kevin Blackwell anti football

Results matter but if you aren’t playing well you won’t get results in the long run 👍

Reactions: ZLB

Back
Top Bottom