Match Thread EFL Cup Round 2 - Sheffield United v. Lincoln City - 30th August 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
LINC
LINC
LINC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1693228401953.png vs. 1693228408491.png

EFL Cup 2nd Round - Wednesday 30th August 2023 - 19:45 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-lincoln-city.695/

Officials:

Referee: Paul Tierney
Assistants: Neil Davies, Scott Ledger
Fourth Official: Anthony Backhouse

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su
Threads: https://www.threads.net/@s24su
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s24su/

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

None as yet.​

True. Losing any game should never be part of the plan. But currently our main priority would be Everton on Saturday.
So winning tonight may have boosted morale? We’re so flat going into the Everton game now. Tonight will have a negative impact.

I’ve always thought if the Blades are at home any supporter who can go should go, however buying tickets for me and the boys sent me overdrawn at the bank. I’ll think twice next year if they’re treating these games as a friendly.

This whole competition should be scrapped in my opinion. Most clubs just use it as an extra friendly at the start of the season these days. The big clubs completely dominate it year after year because their squads are good enough to play the reserves and still go far. What was the last memorable League Cup run from a lower league club? Us under Clough?

If it didn't already exist, nobody would dream of inventing this competition now

So winning tonight may have boosted morale? We’re so flat going into the Everton game now. Tonight will have a negative impact.

It won't mean anything in regards to Saturday. If Hecky was worried about morale he wouldn't have made the subs he did.

It's not right on the fans who paid but we quite evidently used this game as a practice match building up to Saturday.

It won't mean anything in regards to Saturday. If Hecky was worried about morale he wouldn't have made the subs he did.

It's not right on the fans who paid but we quite evidently used this game as a practice match building up to Saturday.
Practising what!?! 🤣

If that was a practise match for Saturday then we're screwed against Everton!

Disagree. Success and momentum all helps. Supporters will be on a downer and the mood of the crowd will turn quickly.

Stop speaking sensibly Roy we don’t do that on here.

Radio Lincoln commentators just said The Blades supporters turned up expecting an easy victory! When was the last time that happened?

Not sure who they asked 😂

This whole competition should be scrapped in my opinion. Most clubs just use it as an extra friendly at the start of the season these days. The big clubs completely dominate it year after year because their squads are good enough to play the reserves and still go far. What was the last memorable League Cup run from a lower league club? Us under Clough?

If it didn't already exist, nobody would dream of inventing this competition now
When Burton got to the semi final and lost heavy to Man City

Disagree. Success and momentum all helps. Supporters will be on a downer and the mood of the crowd will turn quickly.

About 7 supporters will be on a downer about tonight. Most will have completely forgot it happened by Saturday.

If I knew how to do a poll I’d love to, I agree momentum is important and we don’t have it.

But not many supporters I know are on a downer, tonight has made no difference and none are going to turn on Saturday

About 7 supporters will be on a downer about tonight. Most will have completely forgot it happened by Saturday.
I’m one of the 7 then, but if that’s your prediction you’re in cuckoo land more than the interruptive bollocks you spout on that podcast.

If I knew how to do a poll I’d love to, I agree momentum is important and we don’t have it.

But not many supporters I know are on a downer, tonight has made no difference and none are going to turn on Saturday
Confidence breeds confidence. We start poorly and both the players and the fans will be dejected and the Lincoln loss won’t help.

Thanks for listening. The mood will not be any different on Saturday because of tonight. That's just a fact.
Just because you say it Roy doesn’t mean it’s gospel. Thank fuck you can’t interrupt me on here.

But I’ll humour you. Why is it just fact? Plain ignorance like you, or supporters don’t pay smy attention or care about the league cup? You’re saying a win tonight would have zero influence on Saturday?

Yeah reyt bothered about a mickey mouse cup, dunno how i'll get thru work tomorrow 🤣🤣
Come back to me when you’re roaring on Satday if we can’t beat league 1 Lincoln and Prem no hopers Everton. We needed a performance and result tonight to build morale.

Just because you say it Roy doesn’t mean it’s gospel. Thank fuck you can’t interrupt me on here.

But I’ll humour you. Why is it just fact? Plain ignorance like you, or supporters don’t pay smy attention or care about the league cup? You’re saying a win tonight would have zero influence on Saturday?

Do you genuinely believe the people are going to be on a downer on Saturday because of tonight?

A win tonight wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference. Just like it didn't when we beat Carlisle under Slav before getting hammered 4-0 at WBA a week later.

This is especially true when you consider the origin of the competition.

To provide some extra games for clubs not involved in the (new) European competition and to put the now commonplace floodlights to good use.

Back
Top Bottom