Gone Elsewhere Mama balde

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was in the home end for Spurs away, their fans couldn't believe how good we were.

They were actually laughing when they saw Jack O'Connell getting to the byline and saying they couldn't believe nobody had looked at him higher up (I agreed). We were exceptional. McGoldrick was different gravy.
My mate picked a ticket up on the day from some Spurs fans in the brewery with us.

He was sat with them in the home end and cane out with a similar story to yours.

My French teacher at Rowlinson in the 70's was a twat called Graeme Seaton,who happened to be a. Leicester city fan.
They beat us 3-0 in the cup thanks to a. Chris Garland
Hat trick .In French on the Monday he said in french.
Leicester city are my favourite football team and Chris Garland is my favourite player
And asked me to repeat it in English.

I said Mr Seaton is a cunt.
He replied that's not what a said Hurst.I know sir I said ,but you keep telling me I'm crap at french.He came behind me and pulled at the short hairs by the ears. Instinctively I threw back my elbow which luckily hit him in the solar plexus .
He went down like a sack of shit as the whole class screamed get him Hursty .
I stuck the boot in and walked out ,only later to be called to face the wrath of Cyril "tit head Askham and my parents.
Pissing myself, did that really happen?

You joke, but it really was.

We were at our absolute peak that October / November time. So well drilled as a team and Mousset brought everything we'd been missing as a side.

I loved how we went toe-to-toe with everyone playing our way.

I don't think there's been a better time to be a Blade, certainly not in my lifetime.

If you checked opposition forums around that time......it was the same pattern every match.
The opposition fans always said they had their worse performance in years when they played us.

In the past we've been tough and organised, the old Bassett and Warnock stereotypes
but there was a spell under Wilder when home or away....we took the game to the opposition playing quick possession football.
Remember the 1st half at home to Man Utd, we were so superior to them playing them off the park.

Also we were superb in the Spurs away game, we actually looked like the home team for long spells, totally controlling the game
and to be fair to Talk sport presenter Danny Kelly (a Spurs fan) he was genuinely impressed and complementary (and not patronising) towards us in the week following.

Think the spell of our superiority and confidence ended at Anfield, think it was New Years day.
Think we only lost 2-0 but we were played off the park and for the 1st time Wilder's fantastic SU team looked very limited.

Don't think we were ever the same after that Liverpool match and we became more pragmatic and cautious after that match.

I was there as well,prior to that they used to put us in the end with the low roof where the ball often ended up in the street behind .
yes was behind that goal in the 0 - 0 draw april 71

I’m struggling to excited about this lad.

I think he has pace and power but i’m not sure how he’s going to step up to the prem. Definitely an element of oli burke about him. Technically i think he might be frustrating. So many clips i’ve watched he has a heavy touch or lost the ball with a 5-10 yard pass. It’s a tad worrying for highlights. Compare his highlights to lys mousset and it makes lys look like Ronaldo.

I know we need reinforcements up front but i’m just not convinced that this guy is the answer.

Hope i’m proven wrong of course.

My French teacher at Rowlinson in the 70's was a twat called Graeme Seaton,who happened to be a. Leicester city fan.
They beat us 3-0 in the cup thanks to a. Chris Garland
Hat trick .In French on the Monday he said in french.
Leicester city are my favourite football team and Chris Garland is my favourite player
And asked me to repeat it in English.

I said Mr Seaton is a cunt.
He replied that's not what a said Hurst.I know sir I said ,but you keep telling me I'm crap at french.He came behind me and pulled at the short hairs by the ears. Instinctively I threw back my elbow which luckily hit him in the solar plexus .
He went down like a sack of shit as the whole class screamed get him Hursty .
I stuck the boot in and walked out ,only later to be called to face the wrath of Cyril "tit head Askham and my parents.
My first love went to rowlinson back in the 70,s

There's a lot to like in there, but also an alarming amount of rawness for a 27 year old.

For me, he looks like a great chaos option from the bench but not somebody who's going to help you control a game.
He doesn't look like he has a great touch or much passing ability which would hamper his ability to play as a second striker linking things up.

For the price, he looks a good option. I just hope it's not in lieu of our domestic loans being used in that area.
Would hope Balde was more of a bonus shot to nothing type signing.

I mean he is playing monaco away and bagged a goal and assist im not sure what more we want

Perhaps that is why he is going for £6 Mill

Last edited:
Seems decent. Covers lots of positions, some decent pace plus he's not young and English so won't have to remortgage the lane to afford him.

If you checked opposition forums around that time......it was the same pattern every match.
The opposition fans always said they had their worse performance in years when they played us.

In the past we've been tough and organised, the old Bassett and Warnock stereotypes
but there was a spell under Wilder when home or away....we took the game to the opposition playing quick possession football.
Remember the 1st half at home to Man Utd, we were so superior to them playing them off the park.

Also we were superb in the Spurs away game, we actually looked like the home team for long spells, totally controlling the game
and to be fair to Talk sport presenter Danny Kelly (a Spurs fan) he was genuinely impressed and complementary (and not patronising) towards us in the week following.

Think the spell of our superiority and confidence ended at Anfield, think it was New Years day.
Think we only lost 2-0 but we were played off the park and for the 1st time Wilder's fantastic SU team looked very limited.

Don't think we were ever the same after that Liverpool match and we became more pragmatic and cautious after that match.
They scored after about 90 seconds, that set the tone unfortunately.

That said, Spurs and Chelsea at home were were superb in again.

I think he has pace and power but i’m not sure how he’s going to step up to the prem. Definitely an element of oli burke about him. Technically i think he might be frustrating. So many clips i’ve watched he has a heavy touch or lost the ball with a 5-10 yard pass. It’s a tad worrying for highlights. Compare his highlights to lys mousset and it makes lys look like Ronaldo.

I know we need reinforcements up front but i’m just not convinced that this guy is the answer.

Hope i’m proven wrong of course.
Have to agree, my first thought watching him was Oliver Burke also. He will be giving the ball away more than retaining it, completely needlessly most of the time as well by the looks of it just like Burke. We are going to need an outlet and the ball sticking up top to allow a breather and to build something, it will be just getting turned straight back over most of the time. He does show some really good things but for me he’s not the answer and I don’t like putting a dampener on signings but this is one I hope doesn’t happen.

No I meant what I said, but I’d take Sharp’s years of service over one guy’s 1 month of form without any hesitation..

Of course. I carefully worded my statement to avoid confusion.
His ceiling was the highest I've seen.
What he delivered over the length of his contract was nowhere near several others.

Leon Clarke, James Beattie and even Ched Evans performed to a higher level than Sharp, but Sharp is way clear in terms of what he did for us.

Have to agree, my first thought watching him was Oliver Burke also. He will be giving the ball away more than retaining it, completely needlessly most of the time as well by the looks of it just like Burke. We are going to need an outlet and the ball sticking up top to allow a breather and to build something, it will be just getting turned straight back over most of the time. He does show some really good things but for me he’s not the answer and I don’t like putting a dampener on signings but this is one I hope doesn’t happen.
He seems to fit the mould of breaking quickly which Hecky mentioned but I agree we don't really have an option in the squad to hit longer to to hold the ball up.

Leon Clarke, James Beattie and even Ched Evans performed to a higher level than Sharp, but Sharp is way clear in terms of what he did for us.

I know what you're saying. Sharp has achieved 3x promotions with us.
However, James Beattie was much more prolific for us in the championship. 34 goals in 57 games

Obviously Sharp hard a longer period in there with us over 2 spells

Reactions: Gee
Looks to me that he has a bit of the 'Shaun Goater' factor about him. looks ungainly and clumsy but somehow when it all comes together it works!

yeh, obviously the club will have a more in depth data set and clips to base this on than us but based on nothing more than what ive seen, a few red flags for me.

I know that for hamer that there was some nice statistical graphs circulating comparing him to doyle and berge. Be interesting to see a similar thing for this lad.

Thankfully our scouts will have more information on him than a 2 minute Youtube video from one game.

Just hope our fans don't get on his back, he will get as much wrong as he gets right mainly because he will try things, brilliant on his day, frustrating on days when it doesn't come off, from what I've seen of him anyway

Thankfully our scouts will have more information on him than a 2 minute Youtube video from one game.
Apparently Oli McBurnie played as Troyes in the FIFA, eSports tournament. Said he was rapid and his leading scorer. It all went from there.

That's also how Larouci came about

Last edited:
There's a lot to like in there, but also an alarming amount of rawness for a 27 year old.

For me, he looks like a great chaos option from the bench but not somebody who's going to help you control a game.
He doesn't look like he has a great touch or much passing ability which would hamper his ability to play as a second striker linking things up.

For the price, he looks a good option. I just hope it's not in lieu of our domestic loans being used in that area.
Would hope Balde was more of a bonus shot to nothing type signing.
My thoughts exactly.
If he was 18-20 he'd look a terrifying prospect, but is he going to improve and iron out those rough edges enough to succeed at the very top?
(The top being the Prem, not the club)

yeh, obviously the club will have a more in depth data set and clips to base this on than us but based on nothing more than what ive seen, a few red flags for me.

I know that for hamer that there was some nice statistical graphs circulating comparing him to doyle and berge. Be interesting to see a similar thing for this lad.

There you go 😉

1692968678648.png

It looks to me like we might get this fella if the Man U lad keeps changing his mind.
I reckon McAtee is almost nailed on so do we really need him? Traore looks a possible number 10 as well.
I'd keep the money, get McAtee in, and use the money on a quality lwb (possibly even on loan) or a keeper.
It's risky though because I'm concentrating on getting a quality starting 11 over a good squad, and with injuries that could be shortsighted.

I don't think we are signing players to control the games through passing like we have done previously. A lot of teams that do well in the Premier League focus on defending well, getting the ball back and then attacking fast with less sideways passes (after all that's the game of the elite and you can't beat them at their own game usually). Hamer for instance has at the very best average passing stats, gives the ball away a bit but he will constantly create moments of brilliance with his directness. Balde has those attributes with even more pace. Big reason Lunny was played in the Premier League and Duffy wasn't required was because of needing to adapt to this new style. We are setting up player by player to be the type of team that doesn't want to be possession heavy (unless we pin a team in on the ropes) we instead will look to counter, hound the ball and press up the pitch, turn marches into boxing matches and play all our passes in small zones, while being aggressive and sharp over small spaces. We will do this in small spaces around the pitch before getting forward quickly. Plenty of players we would have gone for if passing was our style and the new signings / players we have had on the radar all fit the new brief. Balde looks ideal for the new system. Even Archer is built on big moments up the pitch not getting involved in unnecessary passing.

Even our piss poor prepped team versus Forest worked out how to dominate some of the important zone on the pitch quickly and it wasn't from passing the ball that well.

I don't think we are signing players to control the games through passing like we have done previously. A lot of teams that do well in the Premier League focus on defending well, getting the ball back and then attacking fast with less sideways passes (after all that's the game of the elite and you can't beat them at their own game usually). Hamer for instance has at the very best average passing stats, gives the ball away a bit but he will constantly create moments of brilliance with his directness. Balde has those attributes with even more pace. Big reason Lunny was played in the Premier League and Duffy wasn't required was because of needing to adapt to this new style. We are setting up player by player to be the type of team that doesn't want to be possession heavy (unless we pin a team in on the ropes) we instead will look to counter, hound the ball and press up the pitch, turn marches into boxing matches and play all our passes in small zones, while being aggressive and sharp over small spaces. We will do this in small spaces around the pitch before getting forward quickly. Plenty of players we would have gone for if passing was our style and the new signings / players we have had on the radar all fit the new brief. Balde looks ideal for the new system. Even Archer is built on big moments up the pitch not getting involved in unnecessary passing.

Even our piss poor prepped team versus Forest worked out how to dominate some of the important zone on the pitch quickly and it wasn't from passing the ball that well.
Yeah i think so. Without going into this much detail Hecky pretty much alluded to us playing a more counter attacking game a few weeks back.

Back
Top Bottom