CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There is no relegation obligation with Ramsey, Villa just have first option
I am skeptical of the Archer deal as I've never heard of any other sale with an obligation to buy back. What happens if he gets a career ending injury or refuses personal terms for the return transfer?

I reckon either the reported terms are incorrect (there is no obligation for Villa to buy him back) or the PL may refuse to sanction the sale as it is a loan with an obligation dressed up as a sale to avoid FFP and loan limits. Some of the other PL clubs will surely kick up a fuss.

If he has a good enough season to justify doubling his transfer value and becoming a 40m player the likelihood is Sheffield would not be relegated.
Oi! Watch it with the ‘Sheffield’ nonsense. You wouldn’t catch me going on the Aston forum and mislabelling your team…

Can I park on your drive on match days for £5/match?
You do know his wife looks like Margot Robbie,rock up and park up on his driveway at 2.55,knock on the door,£5 and bingo 😉.

Attachments

• IMG_3046.gif
    IMG_3046.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Afraid so

We will .......oh i just don't fkin understand this ......we sign him but don't pay any money but if we go down Villa buy him back for £2m more than we didn't pay. If we stay up we pay the money we aren't paying now and Villa get the money they said they have got now.
That’s exactly how I understand it also.

If we go down and he does his JOC ligament and his cock falls off in the final game surely Villa don’t just buy him back like everything reyt normal 😵‍💫

Deal off - failed medical - turns out Archer can’t actually do archery and was blinded on gangway D of the Kop during the shoot

1692827693919.gif

The relegation buy back clause raises a number of issues for the EPL to consider when reviewing the terms of the contract drawn up by Villa and the Blades. Firstly that a compensation fee has been paid and it is not a loan in disguise. The terms of the contract should clearly state the initial down payment and payment terms thereafter.

The EPL rules require a compensation fee to be paid so despite some views to the contrary money will have to be exchanged between the Clubs. It can not be an accounting exercise as some are suggesting.

The deal is likely to be open to question across a number of fronts. As far as the big clubs are concerned it seems to be another attempt to avoid FFP requirements. This will raise concerns at the EPL, FA and FIFA. The EPL will have to assess if this work around impacts significantly on their loan process and potentially makes redundant the current clause that limits 2 EPL loans per EPL club.

Finally and possibly of more far reaching concern for the smaller clubs like SUFC there may be ramifications regarding the future payment of parachute payments. The whole idea of PP's are that they are a financial buffer for relegated clubs to stop them going under as a consequence of having to continue to pay high transfer fee installments and wages. There is an argument that by invoking relegation buy back clauses this negates the need for PP's in the future. It would be so Sheffield United to find a way to lose out on future PP's. The EPL have been very firm in their view that PP's stay to protect their members against relegation despite Rick Parry at the EFL fronting a campaign to remove them. If they see their own members finding ways to circumvent their existing rules they may not be as supportive in the future.

I suspect there will be a considerable amount of scrutiny concerning this deal with the usual suspects at the Daily Fail accusing the Club of foul play again. For all the reasons above I expect this loophole to be closed for future transfers.

Yet in the absence of a Billionaire owner, this appears to be the only way we can afford to take a chance on a premier league reserve player without putting the financial future of the club at risk!

Back
Top Bottom