CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lol not sure on levels of sarcasm there, obviously we hope we stay up but if we don’t and Archer does go back then it will help
Well I think with Archer in and one or 2 more loans to add more creativity we could finish above 3 of the others. Ill even go as far as to say I reckon Larouci will end up being a good signing.

Given how things have played out I'm pretty happy right now and think we should just give it a good go. Might have a new owner in 12 months anyway and then who knows.

Maybe I’m being stupid. I’m not a numbers person.

£9m next season isn’t a thing. If we stay up we give Villa another £9m. If we go down they refund us £8m. Essentially meaning we paid them £1m to loan him for the season.
It’s entirely possible I have it wrong lol, I have read it as if we go down we will, as you say not spent much so the 9mill villa pay us means we still have the spare money we have now sitting around

I would guess the 9 saved by us, as in opposed to spending 18 up front, will be used on loans which will end once season ends

Well I think with Archer in and one or 2 more loans to add more creativity we could finish above 3 of the others. Ill even go as far as to say I reckon Larouci will end up being a good signing.

Given how things have played out I'm pretty happy right now and think we should just give it a good go. Might have a new owner in 12 months anyway and then who knows.
Oh I’m happy with the move. I’m not viewing it negatively, I was just referring to the reality of a situation where we will have lost Archer

Great deal, my only concern is our injury record - if he gets a season-ender, we’re 18m down.

I do have my suspicions that liverpool were fully aware of brewster’s susceptibility, i’m hoping that this isnt a problem with Archer too
Surely in that scenario we're only 18 million down if if we stay up with Archer injured for the season? So have another year in the Prem anyway

We don't half get hung up on injuries. What if Hamer gets injured. What if souza gets injured.

What if we'd kept Ndiaye and he'd got injured.

Or is it just because there are some similarities to Brewster in that he's the main striker for England Under 21s and has had successfully loans in the championship but not played much in the PL. Or it because he's our marquee signing like Brewster was at the time.

I don't really get it, he's a different person and doesn't have a terrible injury record or previous bad injuries. He might get injured the same as anyone else but we can't just not buy anyone incase they get injured.

What if we go down…and this means Villa are obliged to buy him back….but can’t pass their medical?

There’s nothing we (the fans ) can do about
the buyback
The amount spent
The contract’s situation

In my opinion whoever is recruiting & doing the negotiations has done a great job for a club having to negotiate the stupidity of finance in the Premier League

I think this window has reset our future.

So just sit back
Enjoy the game on Sunday
Look forward to a better season
And hopefully beyond 😊

the way i see it is if we go down Villa buy him back and that means we dont have a 18 million pound debt around our neck.

We wouldn't have an "18 million pound debt around our neck" if there was no buy back clause either, because we would have a corresponding 18 million pound asset (minus one year's amortisation) on the other side of the balance sheet

Great deal, my only concern is our injury record - if he gets a season-ender, we’re 18m down.

I do have my suspicions that liverpool were fully aware of brewster’s susceptibility, i’m hoping that this isnt a problem with Archer too
Here we go, Brewster Bingo...

I wonder why… didn’t we have 10x players out injured at one point last season?

And about half of them were long-term/career enending
Yeah that's a fair point but does it mean we have to sit worrying about every signing and speculating about every eventuality or element of their contract, or purchase price instead of enjoying the fact we've bought a great young player.

We could be bottom of the championship having bought a load of players nobody has heard of before for nothing. Maybe I'd just rather be a glass half full person, I dunno.

Yeah that's a fair point but does it mean we have to sit worrying about every signing and speculating about every eventuality or element of their contract, or purchase price instead of enjoying the fact we've bought a great young player.

We could be bottom of the championship having bought a load of players nobody has heard of before for nothing. Maybe I'd just rather be a glass half full person, I dunno.
Yeah completely understand that, i guess i just don’t want us relying on this buy back clause if he was to get injured as it’ll eat up our budget in the championship if we end up relegated.

Anyway, i’m buzzing with the signing and great terms for us, let’s hope our fortune with injuries improves this season!

Maybe slightly off subject but are Slimane and Trusty match fit ?

We don't half get hung up on injuries. What if Hamer gets injured. What if souza gets injured.

What if we'd kept Ndiaye and he'd got injured.

Or is it just because there are some similarities to Brewster in that he's the main striker for England Under 21s and has had successfully loans in the championship but not played much in the PL. Or it because he's our marquee signing like Brewster was at the time.

I don't really get it, he's a different person and doesn't have a terrible injury record or previous bad injuries. He might get injured the same as anyone else but we can't just not buy anyone incase they get injured.

Conversely, what if he doesn’t get injured, and what if Brewster gets fit and finds form again. We’ll have two of the most highly rated young English strikers, and we’ll actually own them, not just on loan. Sounds pretty good to me.

Suppose you werent old enough to remember Archer's Sports that was at Bramall Lane?
I was there one Saturday morning and David Ford was in the queue before me.
I think I was buying some subbuteo stuff.
He left with three pairs of boots, on the basis he’d pay for the ones he used.
It was a derby at the Lane that afternoon.
In those days he played for the Wendy.
Can’t remember the year, but it might be when Bill Punton walked on water.

Back
Top Bottom