CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What if Villa don't want him back so deliberately offer Archer shitty terms so he doesn't want to go back
The pay for if he comes back will have already been agreed. That was the delay with Ramsey to Burnley, the deal was all agreed between Burnley & Villa and Burnley & Ramsey but Ramsey's pay if we exercise the buyback needed to be agreed too as the player cannot refuse to return to Villa if the clause is exercised. He will have had to protect himself against for example Chelsea or City offering him 200k a week and been forced to sign for Villa on for example 30k a week

Happy with this. No point shitting on the club until we know the facts of the deal though.
Personally, I find it hard to believe we would agree to the £18m/buy back £20m deal unless we are really desperate. As If we get relegated he would probably be our number one transfer target!

but we are desperate regards needing goal scorers.

Think the logic is…..little financial risk to us….as we’re guaranteed to offload for a little higher than the price we paid….helping us stay within FFP whilst in the Championship….it shows we’ve learnt our lesson.

Also even if we lose Archer our strike force won’t be that bad….we’ll have McBurnie and Brewster
and probably a much improved Osula, Traore and Jebbison.

Also Archer Will hope his career progresses…so won’t want to take the backward step of playing in the Championship.
With this deal…Archer is also protected and guaranteed to remain in the PL.

Seems to be a pretty low risk deal for us regardless of outcome:

Stay up, Archer scores goal - he stays and value rockets
Stay up, Archer doesn’t do well - probably the outcome with the biggest downside, but pretty unlikely we stay up without his goals. Have another year of prem money and still a talented asset on our hands
Go down, Archer scores goals - shame we lose him but regain all the money plus 2 million extra to reinvest in the squad
Go down, Archer doesn’t do well - get back 20 million to reinvest and avoid a Brewster situation and further financial worries
Gets injured after 2 games..

Let's also not forget, that Ndaiye might have a shite season at Marseille and end up returning next season.
UTB
If he does (I don't expect him to) and IF we stay up, I would put in a cheeky £15M bid to bring him back.
'Accept it now or never have another chance'.
He may love OM FC but surely he and the missus is missing Meadowhall!!

to me this looks like a loan under a diferent name he will be back at villa next season
it is still OK as we can then still make another Prem loan from ManC or ManU

Assuming the deal gets scrutinised by the PL before it's signed off?

Therefore, there can't be any nasty repercussions down the line?
Presumably there's no law against it so if they do change the law there shouldn't be any repercussions unless they charge us retrospectively which would be harsh and give our lawyers a big payday

If you rate him this highly why do you think he can't get in at Villa?
I assume Emery believes he needs more experience and we already have Watkins, Diaby, Zaniolo, and Duran that can cover as a striker. I think the fact that Villa has insisted on buybacks for both Ramsey and Archer shows how much the club rates them. But there is also FFP. 18m from Sheff and 14m from Burnley for two academy players is all profit and very much helps balance the books.
I also think Emery is going all out to try and win the Europa Conf Cup this year and wants to have players that are ready to go. I see us dropping down the league a little in order to get some silverware and the Conf Cup is by far the easiest cup to win

More than happy with this deal if it doesn't breach any PL rules

to me this looks like a loan under a diferent name he will be back at villa next season
Loan like this would likely cost a couple of million, if they do exercise it then we make a few million. and still have our two PL loans in the mean time. no brainer for me

The pay for if he comes back will have already been agreed. That was the delay with Ramsey to Burnley, the deal was all agreed between Burnley & Villa and Burnley & Ramsey but Ramsey's pay if we exercise the buyback needed to be agreed too as the player cannot refuse to return to Villa if the clause is exercised. He will have had to protect himself against for example Chelsea or City offering him 200k a week and been forced to sign for Villa on for example 30k a week
From my understanding Villa didn’t get a buyback if relegated with Ramsey, they just have a first refusal offer

I agree, it is a loan deal that will no doubt be banned by the FFP police in the future. It is a bit of a con job that Villa can register an 18m profit this season and then next season get the same player back. Same was done with Ramsey so that is 34m profit on the books. In my opinion that is just abusing the system. It also enables Sheffield United to show a profit on their books next season

The fact remains that we are not responsible for all aspects of this and indeed any deal.
this is the player that our manager wanted and he was obviously prepared to wait for him, yes unfortunate that he was not available for the start of the season but I think the reasons were out if our control.
but if it suits you to moan then keep moaning !!
I'll remind you we had neither Hamer or Souza available against Palace either...

No abuse of the system, plenty of scenarios.
It’s a full sale…he will sign a contract here and be available for all games….unless of course there’s a gentleman’s agreement that he will be “suspended” or have a niggle…or maybe rested to the bench…

I can’t see how they could ban it, would cause problems for many youngsters who can’t get games at parent clubs that are simply hoarding players. This is a way for player and both clubs to benefit.

As well boy would say…”everyone’s a winner”

Rest easy mate, it's not like we've ever been involved in any controversy at all which has given the authorities an excuse to f*** us up further, I'm sure it will all be just fine.
I'm sure it will be but I've never heard of this kind of deal before, certainly not structured in this way.

Appreciate we don't know the finer points and clauses but it seems like a way of bending the rules.

If its a legitimate loophole then great.

Just wouldn't like any nasty surprises down the line.

Hopefully the PL have to sign off on the deal firstly so that can't happen. Not that I know hiw much detail they go into when registering transfers.

No abuse of the system, plenty of scenarios.
It’s a full sale…he will sign a contract here and be available for all games….unless of course there’s a gentleman’s agreement that he will be “suspended” or have a niggle…or maybe rested to the bench…

I can’t see how they could ban it, would cause problems for many youngsters who can’t get games at parent clubs that are simply hoarding players. This is a way for player and both clubs to benefit.

As well boy would say…”everyone’s a winner”
Isn't it a 'loan' if we get relegated, purchase if we stay up (with non mandatory high buyback)

I agree, it is a loan deal that will no doubt be banned by the FFP police in the future. It is a bit of a con job that Villa can register an 18m profit this season and then next season get the same player back. Same was done with Ramsey so that is 34m profit on the books. In my opinion that is just abusing the system. It also enables Sheffield United to show a profit on their books next season
Is Ramsey a definite ?? From what I can see reported there isn’t an obligation to buy back if relegated with the Ramsey deal

From my understanding Villa didn’t get a buyback if relegated with Ramsey, they just have a first refusal offer
I am not sure of the details of the Ramsey deal but from what I read it is we can buy him back for a pre agreed amount regardless of whether there is another bid or not. I expect the pre agrred amount would be at least double the 14m and it will have a date, probably 2 years from date of signing, that the deal would expire.
Villa bought Douglas Luiz from Man City for 15m and City had a 25m buy back they could exercise anytime in the first two years, fortunately for us they had Rodri and didn't exercise the buyback

Isn't it a 'loan' if we get relegated, purchase if we stay up (with non mandatory high buyback)

It has the appearance of one in that scenario, but the fact will remain that on paper it’s a sale.
We are responsible for paying him, training him, repairing him….stay up and this part of the deal isn’t an issue.

There’s no third party influence….he’s our player and will be on a multiple year contract.
He will be eligible to play against them.

Is Ramsey a definite ?? From what I can see reported there isn’t an obligation to buy back if relegated with the Ramsey deal
I know Villa was really clear about Ramsey and Archer and said neither player would leave Villa unless we had a buyback in the contract.

I am guessing the contract is similar to the Burnley contract and it was Sheffield who requested the obligation to buy back if relegated, which makes some sense, particularly after getting stung with Brewster. IMO the buyback is so low because Sheffield didn't have much leverage in the negotiations but Villa still wanted the deal done. So 18m purchase and 20m buyback. If u stay up I suspect the buyback will be 30m+

Back
Top Bottom