CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That Twitter account is possibly the most pointless thing going. Image spending your life just repeating what others have already said.
Yeah agreed - honestly that account is just repeating what others have said, what a pointless way to spend your life.

Lmao what are you numpties talking about. It's basically a web scraper that grabs up to date news/reports on anything related to Sheffield United.

People actually pay money for programs to do that for new information/news/reports on selected topics.

It's convenient and handy for the majority of people, except the few people who can't handle seeing negative news on the blades without wetting the bed.

Take it for what it is, a collection of up to date news articles relating to Sheffield United which is completely impartial.

Lmao what are you numpties talking about. It's basically a web scraper that grabs up to date news/reports on anything related to Sheffield United.

People actually pay money for programs to do that for new information/news/reports on selected topics.

It's convenient and handy for the majority of people, except the few people who can't handle seeing negative news on the blades without wetting the bed.

Take it for what it is, a collection of up to date news articles relating to Sheffield United which is completely impartial.
Oh I was just repeating the guy who was criticising people for repeating… at least I make myself laugh (well, it’s hit and miss tbf).

That Twitter account is possibly the most pointless thing going. Image spending your life just repeating what others have already said.
I'd say it's the best blades account out there it finds random tweets from far off journalists in one handy place. Doesn't mean it's correct information just what people out there are saying but journalists do break most transfers these days I can't remember the last completely out of the blue one

That's interesting.
It sounds like our starting point is where I'd want us to be: £35m release clause, which maybe drops to about £25m if we're relegated.

Problem is, we don't hold much leverage on this one. If we have to, we might have to drop it by as much as £10m for both scenarios.
We'd still have to consider that a good result.

There's been a lot of talk (which I've been involved in) about how credible certain media sources are. Alan Nixon, despite the shit he gets, does tend to be in and around it when it comes to us.

That's interesting.
It sounds like our starting point is where I'd want us to be: £35m release clause, which maybe drops to about £25m if we're relegated.

Problem is, we don't hold much leverage on this one. If we have to, we might have to drop it by as much as £10m for both scenarios.

There's been a lot of talk (which I've been involved in) about how credible certain media sources are. Alan Nixon, despite the shit he gets, does tend to be in and around it when it comes to us.
Good to see that you are now more cheerful! ;)

That's interesting.

Agreed, since he started his Patreon seems like he's focusing on accurate info rather than spewing out a quantity of any rubbish.

Guess you have to be fairly on the mark if people are paying for a service.

That's interesting.

If I was Ndaiye I’m not having 25m in the championship

As a starter his agent looks at the clauses Leeds had in most of the new signings contracts - who’ve all fucked off for nowt or on loan. Some could essentially go for free so I think it’s wishful thinking

The 25m PL and 15m championship is more realistic imo - and agreed it would be a good result if it meant we could keep him for a year

We need to remember that if he doesn't sign a new deal he will be leaving for nowt. As amazing as he is and as much as we believe he's worth, any new contract where we're guaranteed some money is fantastic.

The alternative is likely to be we sell him now.

I'd be over the moon with £25 -£30m if we stop up and £15m if we go down.

I'd be over the moon with £25 -£30m if we stop up and £15m if we go down.
In the circumstances yes that would be a good return but I wouldn't be over the moon with it. A good season and he's worth 40+ right away

If I was Ndaiye I’m not having 25m in the championship

As a starter his agent looks at the clauses Leeds had in most of the new signings contracts - who’ve all fucked off for nowt or on loan. Some could essentially go for free so I think it’s wishful thinking
Those Leeds clauses are bonkers. We need to be careful with those. It almost encourages the players to not play well in the premier league, as they know they will be able to play somewhere else if they do get relegated.
Maybe explains their pathetic showings in the latter half of last season...

In the circumstances yes that would be a good return but I wouldn't be over the moon with it. A good season and he's worth 40+ right away
If he’s as good as we all think he is the release clause level is irrelevant isn’t it?

Let’s say we stay up and OM come in and match the £30m ish release clause, that doesn’t mean he goes for that amount if say Everton et Al come in £35 and so on. The price we get will be the price the bidding war goes up to.

Worse case is he flops int PL and only one club wants him (whichever division we are in) and we only get release clause amount. It’s not like a buyback clause eg Liverpool can buy Brewster for £30m even if Citteh bid £100m

Agreed, since he started his Patreon seems like he's focusing on accurate info rather than spewing out a quantity of any rubbish.

Guess you have to be fairly on the mark if people are paying for a service.

I think a lot of the stick he gets stems from his Twitter page as opposed to his reporting.

On Twitter, he'll respond to everyone on everything... even including news items he knows nothing about. He'll do this using a lot of words whilst being very non-committal.
He does it to keep engagement on his page high, which drives click throughs to his articles.

Has he sgined yet FFS? Can't go on mi hols until he's signed up

If he’s as good as we all think he is the release clause level is irrelevant isn’t it?

Let’s say we stay up and OM come in and match the £30m ish release clause, that doesn’t mean he goes for that amount if say Everton et Al come in £35 and so on. The price we get will be the price the bidding war goes up to.

Worse case is he flops int PL and only one club wants him (whichever division we are in) and we only get release clause amount. It’s not like a buyback clause eg Liverpool can buy Brewster for £30m even if Citteh bid £100m

Not really how it works.

The release clause is usually the maximum the bidding will go to.
Thereafter, it's about how much money the "warring" clubs are willing to stick in the player and agents pocket.

His agent will know the clause and so will any club bidding for him. They won't go over it. Why would they? They'd potentially offer him that money instead to sway him

£35m release clause, lowered by 25% if we’re relegated is entirely reasonable IMO.

I'd agree with you, if we were negotiating with Ndiaye and he still had 2/3 years left on his current deal.

As it is, we lose him for nothing in 12 months if he doesn't sign and he can sign a pre-contract elsewhere in January.

The balance of what is "reasonable" tilts in players favour as a result.

He puts the twitter handle of the source at the bottom of his tweets, but I suspect many just read the main text and assume it is from him, which is probably why some react as if he is the making the claims. If he wrote "Sources are saying" or "According to X" at the start of his tweets, it might save him some grief.
It’s not that difficult.

Another way to look at it is we're currently paying him 4000 a week and if he doesn't sign we lose him for free so an approx net loss of circa 208k over the season.

If the new contract is 50k a week (just a guesstimate) then any minimum release clause over 2.6 mill will put us in a better situation financially than at present.

Obviously not saying it will be that low but something to remember in the back of our minds.

Back
Top Bottom