CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think the only time we could have got him would have been when he started to click with MGW a little.

It would however have not been that long after he signed his prior deal anyway so would have been a very unprecedented move by United's standards.

My understanding reading the comments are that we've been keen on a deal all year buy his reps have just not wanted to discuss.

Only way I think you get out of this is to seek compromise with Marseilles.

Ok he wants to join you. Boyhood club is the big pull. You're only prepared to go up to about 15m. Fine, then to get him now you accept a 50% sell on clause of any fee (not profit, fee).

If you really want him now and it's really for your current consumption and you're pulling the boyhood string, then what's the issue?

I'd you've got half an eye on using that to rinse us in the not too distant then we'll have half thanks.

Otherwise, speak to him in the summer when he's a year older, when he's had 12 months PL exposure and if you then dins yourselves up against Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca, Arsenal and others and all of a sudden the boyhood thing doesn't have enough pull, then you had your chance!

Let's just see how shit we are at transfers....we have been fannying about with Slimane since God were a lad and supposedly talking to Traore since he was in his mother's womb.

OM will have Illis move sewn up before Fallowfields Mum tucks him up with cookies and a story tonight...
OM have Champions League football, I’m sure their recruitment team is much stronger than ours. We have Steve Bettis & Carl Sheiber literally doing everything 🤣

The faint hope I hold on to, is that Romero has only piped up because other accounts have - and he likes to seem all knowing and speak with certainty. He often is right, but when he speaks first. I get the sense he doesn't want to be seen to be snoozing on this one, and so is changing his hand a bit that the other accounts are right.

He’s a far, far better player than Gyokeres. If we get less than £30m as a Premier League club, given what he’s worth in terms of a player keeping us in contention to stay up, then we’ve well and truly had our leg lifted.

Who gets promoted and then sells their star player before a ball is kicked though? It’s basically waving the white flag before we’ve got out of the blocks.
Unfortunately NDiaye is desperate to go to his boyhood club so we can’t go to a bidding war and the player can force the issue because of his contract.

Gyokeres would go to anyone and didn’t have a preference.

Absolutely 0 chance we get near £30m. Yes he’s our best player, no he doesn’t guarantee Premiership football so it’s a risk keeping him.

Look at what Burnley managed to build with the money they received for transfer sales.

He’s the best player I’ve seen us own, letting him go on a free would be crazy. It’s just a shame OM have come in for him

Last edited:
I guess this was always going to happen and if reports are true, the club have responded in the only way they can by trying to protect their asset and maintain the clubs difficult chance of avoiding relegation next season.

I assume our contract offer is how it has been discussed on here, which is massively improved terms coupled with a release clause. If only Illi would accept eh?

Whether Illi fancies a crack at PL football before flying off to France no one knows yet, but wouldn’t it be just great if Illi actually made a statement similar to the supposed Jan comment where he was reported to have said he’s going nowhere and wants to help the club to promotion?

Marseille are in the 3rd qualifying round for the Champions League, so will have to beat a couple of teams to qualify. Maybe why they're low balling us an offer as they're not guaranteed the money it brings yet.

Marseille are in the 3rd qualifying round for the Champions League, so will have to beat a couple of teams to qualify. Maybe why they're low balling us an offer as they're not guaranteed the money it brings yet.
They are low balling us an offer as they know full well that illi Wants to join them and will run his contract down to join them on a free transfer if necessary.

Unfortunately NDiaye is desperate to go to his boyhood club so we can’t go to a bidding war and the player can force the issue because of his contract.

Gyokeres would go to anyone and didn’t have a preference.

Absolutely 0 chance we get near £30m. Yes he’s our best player, no he doesn’t guarantee Premiership football so it’s a risk keeping him.

Look at what Burnley managed to build with the money they received for transfer sales.

He’s the best player I’ve seen us own, letting him go on a free would be crazy. It’s just a shame OM have come in for him

Just play hardball and enforce his contract. Or sell him to a PL club for £30m+.

We’re conditioned to accept such thin gruel as a fanbase. Depressing we’re at this position again.

He’s a far, far better player than Gyokeres. If we get less than £30m as a Premier League club, given what he’s worth in terms of a player keeping us in contention to stay up, then we’ve well and truly had our leg lifted.

Who gets promoted and then sells their star player before a ball is kicked though? It’s basically waving the white flag before we’ve got out of the blocks.
I think the timing might be more to do with the new offer

I would bet we talked to him last year, he said wasn’t interested, Prince then comes back with new prem money and offers him a new deal and he still says no

if we're only going to be able to get 8-12 million seems daft to sell to me.

either we stay up and we didn't need that amount.

or we go down and parachute payments are like what 200 million that fee wont make a big difference financially. Selling best player 4 weeks before season starts is psychologically very stupid and will just get all fans off on the wrong foot. This season is going to be a proper scrap and need everyone pushing in same direction.

Also say we keep him were 20th in January and adrift just sell him for like 4million then. Seems odd not to take a low stakes gamble.

Just play hardball and enforce his contract. Or sell him to a PL club for £30m+.

We’re conditioned to accept such thin gruel as a fanbase. Depressing we’re at this position again.
He won’t sign for another prem club if OM have already told him they want him

I do agree we should keep him till his contract runs out though

I’m not saying he’s doing this because there’s no evidence to suggest he is, but as we know power now is far superior.

I think the club were quite happy to keep hold of him and lose him on a free from the Prince & El accounto’s interviews but his love for OM is like Billy’s love for us.

I’ve heard it a few times on UndrTheCosh interviews where players are desperate to go but club says no. They end up downing tools and becoming a nuisance.

I think £20m is fair without a bidding war, any less I’m on your side that we’ve been done over.

Last edited:
if we're only going to be able to get 8-12 million seems daft to sell to me.

either we stay up and we didn't need that amount.

or we go down and parachute payments are like what 200 million that fee wont make a big difference financially. Selling best player 4 weeks before season starts is psychologically very stupid and will just get all fans off on the wrong foot. This season is going to be a proper scrap and need everyone pushing in same direction.

Also say we keep him were 20th in January and adrift just sell him for like 4million then. Seems odd not to take a low stakes gamble.
i see your point but that 12m might just enable us to get tommy doyle and lewis obrien on permanents whos to say if those 2 came in as well as slimane they wouldnt keep us up 🤔

i see your point but that 12m might just enable us to get tommy doyle and lewis obrien on permanents whos to say if those 2 came in as well as slimane they wouldnt keep us up 🤔
if that was the deal i think we could swallow it but i dont think even with that fee we'd be able to afford them both.

Proper boils my piss, this. How can a player agree personal terms when a fee hasn't even been agreed?
He might not have spoken to them.

The tweet says "agreed in principal" and "down to OM & SUFC to agree a fee now"

That could mean something as little as his agent saying - "Oy! Illy. If Marseille came in with £50K a week would you go?"

Illy - "Course I would, Champs League and my boyhood club"

[Agent rings OM and talks to press]

Is it just me but why go too Marseille,
yes they are in the Champions League but they are around the same odds as Celtic too win it so are likely to go out in the Group stage. The French league is at best only the 5th best league in Europe.
I get he supports them and wants too play for them but surely playing in arguably the best league in Europe would be better at this stage of his career.
I don't necessarily mean he should stay with us i just think moving too the French league is a bit of a backwards step.
This is all I'm clinging on to.

Like Kyle Walker to us - do it in your twilight years.

If Ndiaye rips the shit out of the PL next season he has the world at his feet with top 6 PL teams, Milan, Inter, Bayern, Dortmund etc. All in for him.
All those teams are better than Marseille who have zero chance of even winning their domestic league.

He could easily disappear in France. Not the same worldwide media hype and coverage.

Ligue 1 is basically SPL these days with more teams

Portuguese league has just gone above it to 5th in the UEFA Coefficients list.

I think the only time we could have got him would have been when he started to click with MGW a little.

It would however have not been that long after he signed his prior deal anyway so would have been a very unprecedented move by United's standards.

My understanding reading the comments are that we've been keen on a deal all year buy his reps have just not wanted to discuss.

Only way I think you get out of this is to seek compromise with Marseilles.

Ok he wants to join you. Boyhood club is the big pull. You're only prepared to go up to about 15m. Fine, then to get him now you accept a 50% sell on clause of any fee (not profit, fee).

If you really want him now and it's really for your current consumption and you're pulling the boyhood string, then what's the issue?

I'd you've got half an eye on using that to rinse us in the not too distant then we'll have half thanks.

Otherwise, speak to him in the summer when he's a year older, when he's had 12 months PL exposure and if you then dins yourselves up against Bayern, PSG, Real, Barca, Arsenal and others and all of a sudden the boyhood thing doesn't have enough pull, then you had your chance!
The only other player I can remember is doing that with is Brooks when he got about 3 deals in one season during his breakthrough.

Also in answer to your earlier post champagne I think it was a case of the family moving back to Senegal and him leaving their academy because of that rather than them telling him he wasn’t good enough.

I don't blame him for wanting to go to the team he supports and play in the Champions League, but I would have hoped any player fancied at least a season in the Prem too. That's the disappointing part.

Buy the tickets we have seen it all before it's the Blades way I'm afraid.
This is not the Blades way! We have sold cheap in the past this is a unique situation! A player who could have gone down as the Blades best ever player!
No exaggeration there!
Since Bosman the player and his advisers hold all the cards when a player enters his last year .
We are victims of circumstances!If he's following his heart he deserves respect for that.

Wouldn't go to Marseilles if it was about money.
He ain't gone yet!!.

Apologies if this has already been said, but surely fingers have to be pointed at whoever is managing the contracts? Illi is apparently on about %4k a week.

Does he not want a crack at the Prem, with the side he took there? If OM want him, they can get him at the end of his contract. If the pull of OM really is so great, he'd pick them over anyone else, surely?

Back
Top Bottom