CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me but why go too Marseille,
yes they are in the Champions League but they are around the same odds as Celtic too win it so are likely to go out in the Group stage. The French league is at best only the 5th best league in Europe.
I get he supports them and wants too play for them but surely playing in arguably the best league in Europe would be better at this stage of his career.
I don't necessarily mean he should stay with us i just think moving too the French league is a bit of a backwards step.

Offered him the best contract in our clubs history what else can you do. At end of day no player is bigger than the club.
Let him go at the end of the season then of he doesn't want to be here.

But right now unless we get McAtee back. Who is the closest I have seen to Ndiaye we will be fighting a losing battle to stay up.

I'm assuming all these doom mongers that are relegating us the minute he's sold won't be bothering to turn up to watch us next season?

At least I know the queue for the bar on the kop won't be as bad next season.
If we think we’re getting relegated aren’t we allowed to go? You and the 10 other people on planet earth who don’t think we’ll go down will make Bramall Lane seriously intimidating no doubt.

Why? We took him from boreham wood, developed him into what he is, I'd say it would be nice if he showed a bit of loyalty and gave the club that's made him they year that we need
In fairness by all accounts he did that in January by telling Everton to swivel so he could push us on to promotion.

I'm assuming all these doom mongers that are relegating us the minute he's sold won't be bothering to turn up to watch us next season?

At least I know the queue for the bar on the kop won't be as bad next season.
Why? What's wrong with being realistic about it? Selling him does pretty much doom us. How can anybody not see that?

If it's an unavoidable course of action and the club see taking a bit of cash as our best option then we can still have hope for a positive future, just further down the line than this seasons almost nailed on relegation

I completely understand that the club may want to capitalise on an asset that is going to sharply decline in value as soon as 1st September ticks round.

But let's be honest. This isn't a normal asset. This is probably the best attacking player we've had in my lifetime (I'm 42 soon). Only Deane is close. Also, he's absolutely unlike any other player we've had. The combo of tireless work and outrageous skill, this early in a career feels like something we might not see again playing for United.

If he leave I won't be mad at the club for selling him because I thought he'd keep us up single handedly (I'd say 10% chance of staying up with him, less than 1% without). I'll be disappointed that I don't get to see him play for us more often

Let him go at the end of the season then of he doesn't want to be here.

But right now unless we get McAtee back. Who is the closest I have seen to Ndiaye we will be fighting a losing battle to stay up.
I agree I’d reject all offers but if the player starts pushing then you are fighting a losing battle.

Devastating but predictable. The only consolation is that the deal looks like being concluded next week, giving us 6 weeks between now and the end of the window to bring in reinforcements. I thought if Ndiaye was to go it would be on the wire of the window shutting. A speedy resolution is the best outcome in a shitty situation.

Proper boils my piss, this. How can a player agree personal terms when a fee hasn't even been agreed?

It is literally how most transfers happen. United will have given permission. It doesn’t mean we’ll definitely sell him, just that we will if our valuation is met.

What hurts most is that in the current state the club is in we will under sell him for £12m and do sweet f*** all with the money we get.

It does not matter if we do sweet fuck all with the money or not - the point is that retaining Ndiaye is the ONLY realistic way we stay up. We are currently 8/13 with 365 to be relegated, that equates to having roughly a 40% chance of staying up, i.e. if we say that PL status is worth nine figures on the nose, that we get £40 million in 24/25. If we sell for the £12 million you suggest (which wouldn't fucking surprise me), then it only takes our survival chances to drop to 25% or so (which I think it would do and more), and we are IMMEDIATELY setting money on fire. And if anyone thinks that you are getting anywhere near to replacing even a quarter of what Ndiaye can do with the sort of transfer fee incoming you speculate about, then that's deludamol level thinking.

If we think we’re getting relegated aren’t we allowed to go? You and the 10 other people on planet earth who don’t think we’ll go down will make Bramall Lane seriously intimidating no doubt.
I couldn't give a shiny shite if we get relegated or not. The premier league is not the be all and end all for me as it appears to be for you.

We've spent the vast majority of the 3 and a half decades I've been watching them not in the top division. If I wanted to watch a Premier league club I'd be a glory hunting man United wanker.

There was a club before ndiaye, and they'll be a club long after he's gone.

I completely understand that the club may want to capitalise on an asset that is going to sharply decline in value as soon as 1st September ticks round.

But let's be honest. This isn't a normal asset. This is probably the best attacking player we've had in my lifetime (I'm 42 soon). Only Deane is close. Also, he's absolutely unlike any other player we've had. The combo of tireless work and outrageous skill, this early in a career feels like something we might not see again playing for United.

If he leave I won't be mad at the club for selling him because I thought he'd keep us up single handedly (I'd say 10% chance of staying up with him, less than 1% without). I'll be disappointed that I don't get to see him play for us more often

100 percent this, the thing I was looking forward to most this season was seeing a generational talent play for us in the premier league, relegation or not
Now we just have the monotony of a relegation to look forward to

No one player wins you the league, no one player stops you getting relegated these are facts. Illi gives us a chance but does he give you more chance than 3-4 players that could maybe be brought in if we got say £20m? If we can get decent money and start the rebuild that we all know we need then it makes more sense to sell for ££ than lose for nothing! If illi stayed and got injured an out for the season with no money to replace him then we would be up shit creek.

We reject large offer in January despite being skint

Club offers player a new contract, he refuses to extend contract. He agrees terms with another club without a fee being agreed.

Don't want to be a happy clapper but tell me what we else we could have done to keep him. All we can do now is get as much money as we can.

Not happy but it shows how much power players and agents have.

Back
Top Bottom