CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm not arguing about illis attributes we all love the kid he's class no denying it. I'm looking at it as do we risk losing him for nothing get relegated and have to start trying to rebuild with nothing to show from keeping him. Or do we sell maybe get relegated but already have 3 players that are younger than the current squad and have a years experience of playing in the prem and give us a better chance of going again for promotion. Everything is ifs and buts in an ideal world we wouldn't be in this situation but we are and what ever happens we've just got to hope it benefits us in the long run.
I'm not confident that the fee would do anything more than go towards reducing the levels of debt at the club. That way, when the club is eventually sold it should fetch a better price if it's carrying less debt

No one player wins you the league, no one player stops you getting relegated these are facts. Illi gives us a chance but does he give you more chance than 3-4 players that could maybe be brought in if we got say £20m? If we can get decent money and start the rebuild that we all know we need then it makes more sense to sell for ££ than lose for nothing! If illi stayed and got injured an out for the season with no money to replace him then we would be up shit creek.
I give you one Diego Maradona… for both Napoli and Argentina!

Ndiaye isn’t replaceable.

It almost feels like getting promoted was pointless. We’re sold our best player anyway and re-signed Ben Osborn. The team is significantly weaker than it was in May. That’s not how you prepare for premier league football.

I'm not confident that the fee would do anything more than go towards reducing the levels of debt at the club. That way, when the club is eventually sold it should fetch a better price if it's carrying less debt
? Mmmmm
so what happens if we invest the money in another player like Anel who subsequently increases in value ?

Ndiaye isn’t replaceable.

It almost feels like getting promoted was pointless. We’re sold our best player anyway and re-signed Ben Osborn. The team is significantly weaker than it was in May. That’s not how you prepare for premier league football.
So what is the alternative, as the guy is not going to sign a new contract?

That's another way of looking it unfortunately, and one I could see also.

If he wasn't here last season we don't get promoted simples he is a generational talent one that won't be seen for a very long time in a red and white shirt.. he is and was out only slim chance of survival.. look at his showreel on you tube from last season. Insane what he can do .. but never mind Fleck and Osborn will see us over the line .. FFS
Huh?? Was that even meant for me bud...

When we sold deane the first time did we immediately write the season off before a ball had even been kicked??

Did we fuck, we battled and got behind the team and were a last minute goal away from staying up.

This resignation to our fate is just nauseating from some.
Oh come on he’s the only player in that team capable of doing something very special
Potentially he is to good for us to keep but with him in the team there is more a chance of making a fist of it
Still we’ve got Osbourne n Fleck

Why are folk obsessed with OM not having the money? Let's say that the fee is £25m, then it's paid in stages and likely to be over 3 years. They could afford that.

They are also in the Champions league which will earn them mega bucks if they are moderately successful.

They will find the fee, it just won't be all up front.

Then that'd be a good thing that's completely separate from what I posted
No it is not, you reduce debt by increasing your assets valuation and then if necessary sell them whilst Utilising them to the best of our ability

So, this info comes from the fabulously reliable Fabrizio Romano…the one who said we were definitely signing Yann Karamoh from Parma, Alex Collado from Barca and Ismael Kone from Canada. Forgive me if I say, I’ll believe it when I see it.

But I don’t really mind too much if we do sell him now. As it stands he’ll sign a pre-contract with OM in January, go off to AFCON and saunter back to us in February with his heart set on playing his damnedest at 100% commitment to keep us up…? Nah, I can’t see that happening either.

We have apparently offered him a contract on ‘greatly improved terms’

I just popped it to take a peek at the scale of the meltdown and it hasn't disappointed.

The usual combo of doom mongers using it to beat the club /owner with and the wannabe CEOs who are demanding minimum fees one minute and then querying how the player has already discussed personal terms the next - it obviously doesn't work like that on Championship Manager!

The best Utd can hope for is a decent Prem team to enter the fray to add competitive tension and drive up the price. Negotiating bilaterally with OM will not have a positive outcome for Utd

Last edited:
No it is not, you reduce debt by increasing your assets valuation and then if necessary sell them whilst Utilising them to the best of our ability
I don't know that the investment level would be any higher if Ndiaye is sold or not. My purely gut feeling is not much would change but we'll have to wait and see

Why would we give them permission to discuss a contract without agreeing a price? If he agrees a bumper contract then we reject their bid, it's just gonna lead to a very unhappy player. Surely if these rumours are true, we've already agreed a price?

It’s because these days, 99% of the time, the player holds all of the cards. There would be little point in the two clubs spending ages negotiating a deal for the player to turn around at the end of it and laugh the buying club off.

What happens is the buying club asks if the selling club would be open to negotiations and in the time being can they speak to the player to see if they’re also interested. Usually there is some overlap in the two sides of the talks.

This isn’t always the case but it’s fairly normal these days.

Ah, let's forget Zola, Kempes, Ruggeri, Valdano...
Do Napoli win the title, or Argentina win the World Cup without Maradona! No is the answer.
So one player can definitely make the difference. And Ndiaye definitely makes a difference to us. He’s our best player by a country mile and can not be replaced.
If he’s forcing a move… then what can we do, our hands are tied.
But the point was… special players transform a team.

It’s wank to lose your best players, but that’s football, unless you are Real Madrid, there is a good chance your best player will leave.

I accepted this fact years ago and I’m ok with players leaving if we get a fee which reflects their market value. It’s a real kick in the bollocks to lose your best player for peanuts. This was my biggest issue with McCabe, he was never able to sell a player for a decent fee.

Back
Top Bottom