Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

hes a very good left back but there was no way we were going to pay him 50k a week its why weve lost out on half a dozen players that more than likely if we had paid these sort of salaries would have kept us in the premier league norwich will have the same problem again next season in the prem

If true, a good deal for Fulham - sign him for £2m, pay him £2.5m/annum (pro rata from Aug 20) and sell him for £10m - a profit of ~£6m in a season!

That was the most disappointing deal we missed out on last season because the others I'm not so sure we'd ever have got, but Robinson to Fulham was one that got away. It's ironic they got relegated also!

Most on this thread laughed when I said he & Matty Cash would easily walk into our starting XIs.

Now wanted by Wolves & Man City.

Cash was one of the best RBs in the league last season.

Anyway, seems Robinson ultimately made the right choice. Took the money & avoided our sinking ship. Played in a better football team also.

Most on this thread laughed when I said he & Matty Cash would easily walk into our starting XIs.

Anyway, seems Robinson ultimately made the right choice. Took the money & avoided our sinking ship. Played in a better football team also.
Since Fulham were relegated surely he's in the same boat regardless, albeit with more money as you say. If he doesn't get a move though and has to play in the Championship I'd favour our chances of promotion over there's.

I really wanted him when we were linked but it seems we were blown out of the water financially it happens. However it shows that our scouting team were right to recommend him if he does go on to have a career at the top.

Who is wanted by Wolves & Man City?

A promising young attacking wing-back views Parker's Fulham as a better place to develop their footballing career instead of Wilder's Blades. I think this warrants a good chortle and piss take. Anyhow we now have our own young promising LWB in Lowe who will likely only get better the longer he is with us by competing with and learning from Enda Stevens who for the majority of last season was one of the finest wing-backs in the Premier League. We can let bygones be bygones regarding the news around his transfer but come the end of the season I know who will be more likely to be regretting their choice... ;)

How quickly times change..

It's a good example of why you should plan ahead for players that are ageing / reaching the latter ends of their deals..

To be fair, we did try to sign Robinson but wouldn't (or couldn't) match Fulham's wages.

It's a good example of why you should plan ahead for players that are ageing / reaching the latter ends of their deals..

To be fair, we did try to sign Robinson but wouldn't (or couldn't) match Fulham's wages.
More to it than that
We matched his price which was a clause to do with administration from memory but someone at Wigan went to fulham and asked for a bit more which they paid or I think we would have got him

An American who picked English teams to support, ingratiated himself on their forums and then ditched them when they got relegated or had a bad patch. He did the same to Derby. The way he tried to get out of supporting us was by pretending he’d been in a car crash. Grim stuff.

... but funny, provided you don't take it all too serious.

If a gofundme had been setup it would've crossed the line.
Otherwise, for me anyway, it was just bizarre nonsense to be laughed at in retrospect.

... but funny, provided you don't take it all too serious.

If a gofundme had been setup it would've crossed the line.
Otherwise, for me anyway, it was just bizarre nonsense to be laughed at in retrospect.
I think the grimness for me is contemplating what goes on the in mind of someone who would behave like that. But you’re right that it was pretty entertaining at the time.

I think the grimness for me is contemplating what goes on the in mind of someone who would behave like that. But you’re right that it was pretty entertaining at the time.
It's pretty weird when you think it's as easy as just logging off and never coming back again. Why setup an elaborate lie in order to exit the forum?!

Wasn't he another person who we lost to Villa that year?

It's pretty weird when you think it's as easy as just logging off and never coming back again. Why setup an elaborate lie in order to exit the forum?!

Wasn't he another person who we lost to Villa that year?
I believe he did show up on their forum quite shortly afterwards, yeah. The most welcome gazzumping of the lot.

Signed a 5 year extension at Fulham. What the fuck is going on in football. 5 years 🤣

Back
Top Bottom