Gone Elsewhere Antonee Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You are either a very silly teenager or alternatively you need psychiatric help. No normal person wishes another human being, whom they don’t know, harm. Perhaps you just need to grow up.

Maybe he’s just on the wind up....strange sense of humour.......however some people push back about being told how to think or act.
I know people that the more people criticise and tell them to act a certain way.......they deliberately do the opposite.

It‘s a different world these days in the PL...it’s so easy to become a millionaire.
Lets say Robinson was on £5K at Wigan and we offer him £20K a week....it’s a massive pay rise.
Then West Ham come along as offer him £50K a week for 4 years....what would you do?

Even if he never plays a single game at West Ham.....I still think many people would choose to become a millionaire.
He’s still young enough to spend 4 years at West Ham doing nothing.....then he can leave and resurrect his career elsewhere.
Its hardly the crime of the century.

Maybe he’s just on the wind up....strange sense of humour.......however some people push back about being told how to think or act.
I know people that the more people criticise and tell them to act a certain way.......they deliberately do the opposite.

It‘s a different world these days in the PL...it’s so easy to become a millionaire.
Lets say Robinson was on £5K at Wigan and we offer him £20K a week....it’s a massive pay rise.
Then West Ham come along as offer him £50K a week for 4 years....what would you do?

Even if he never plays a single game at West Ham.....I still think many people would choose to become a millionaire.
He’s still young enough to spend 4 years at West Ham doing nothing.....then he can leave and resurrect his career elsewhere.
Its hardly the crime of the century.

Hmmmmm Fulham, quick you can still edit. 😉

Robinson’s transfer fee wasn’t only 2 million and he’s still young so should have a high resale value.
Basically he’a no lose investment. As soon as he plays half dozen games in the PL he becomes a 10 million player.

His agent knows the economic of the transfer.
Hence he felt confident to explain his client is worth £50K a week wages.
If he’s on a 3 year contract..that £7.5 million wages + 2 million transfer = £9.5 million total costs.....making him easily affordable.

The issue is upsetting the mood in the squad when a young squad player like Robinson might be on higher wages than a first teamer.
Wilder is obviously keen on keeping his squad on side...so we weren’t willing to pay Robinson more than Enda and Baldock.

Lundstrams agent will be using the same logic...minimal transfer fee...so pay him £50K a week wages for 3 years is still less than a £10 million investment.

Robinson is still young...doubt he’s bothered if he never plays a single match for Fulham....he’ll bank £7.5 million then resurrect his career somewhere else.
If we’re being honest....I think we’d all do the same...also Fulham (due to its London location) is an attractive club to join...even if you never play.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this

If you pay Robinson or lunny 50k a week you get JOC, fleck, Egan, mcburnie all sulking because they want 60k because they're our best players. If they don't get it there agent will be saying I can get you whatever money you want at villa, Fulham, Leeds etc. Before you know it the whole team spirit that Wilders built is fucked and your stuck with a load of players lining the wallets rather than playing for the shirt

There really is some retards in this forum who can't get there head round the basic principles of finance

Decent post until you started with the vile abuse because someone has posted something you don't like.

What's up with people??

Vile abuse? If people can't take that I dread to think how they make it through the day. And everyone is entitled to there opinion so if you think mines a load of bollocks please tell me. I'm a big boy I'm sure I'm not going to roar about it

Vile abuse? If people can't take that I dread to think how they make it through the day. And everyone is entitled to there opinion so if you think mines a load of bollocks please tell me. I'm a big boy I'm sure I'm not going to roar about it

Might as well call people retards because they probably hear worse?

Nothing wrong with the point you were making in your post at all. Why not just say what you've got to say without the abuse?

Wishing anyone an injury that ends their career is pathologically warped.....by all means disagree, but to hope a player receives an injury that brings a potential career to an end is disturbing in the extreme.

I'm not sure why this should be so, but it requires the type of self-examination that the OP probably doesn't possess.

If you pay Robinson or lunny 50k a week you get JOC, fleck, Egan, mcburnie all sulking because they want 60k because they're our best players. If they don't get it there agent will be saying I can get you whatever money you want at villa, Fulham, Leeds etc. Before you know it the whole team spirit that Wilders built is fucked and your stuck with a load of players lining the wallets rather than playing for the shirt

There really is some retards in this forum who can't get there head round the basic principles of finance

If you're going to resort to using insults like 'retard', at least ensure your post is properly written. Otherwise you open yourself up to accusations of 'the pot calling the kettle black'.

There really ARE some retards ON this forum, who can't get THEIR HEADS AROUND the basic principles of the English language.

Apologies if this offends anyone, I don't wish to fight fire with fire, but there's no need for use of such language.

If you're going to resort to using insults like 'retard', at least ensure your post is properly written. Otherwise you open yourself up to accusations of 'the pot calling the kettle black'.

There really ARE some retards ON this forum, who can't get THEIR HEADS AROUND the basic principles of the English language.

Apologies if this offends anyone, I don't wish to fight fire with fire, but there's no need for use of such language.

Hope yure not torking abowt me.

Very well spotted sunshine! I take my hat off to you. No finer career than a grammar policeman! And crawl back under the shitty little rock you came out from and enjoy your day 👍

Very well spotted sunshine! I take my hat off to you. No finer career than a grammar policeman! And crawl back under the shitty little rock you came out from and enjoy your day 👍

Try treating people with respect. You may just get some in return. Alternatively you could just continue being a small minded patronising fool, who makes stupid, ill thought through comments. At least this way we all quickly understand what type of a human you are.

Could do with Fulham getting something from this game. Don’t need Leeds in a positive mood when they play us.

Could do with Fulham getting something from this game. Don’t need Leeds in a positive mood when they play us.

I want the teams expected to be fighting a relegation battle to lose every week. That makes our job a bit easier

I rank Fulham in that category

The problem with this argument is that our better players and their agents won't just be looking at what Lunny is getting. They will be comparing themselves to other top half premiership players. So the battle to keep them happy is on anyway, regardless of what wages we play other people in the squad. The fact with Robinson, is that Wilder decided that he wasn't worth what others were prepared to pay.

I see that he didn't make the bench today. They've now conceded 7 in 2 games. If he can't make that defence, it's a worry

Last edited:
What i dont understand about the Robinson deal is we've got rid of someone not good enough for the premiership but taken someone in return (Burke) who could end up being exactly the same.

Why.didnt we go all in on Brewster?

What i dont understand about the Robinson deal is we've got rid of someone not good enough for the premiership but taken someone in return (Burke) who could end up being exactly the same.

You could say the same about Brewster. He's never played in the PL.

Burke at the very least offers pace and commitment to a press, which Robinson didn't.

You answered your own question: we've got rid of someone who we know not to be good enough, and have taken a chance on someone who might be. (We also gained a few million pounds in the process.)

As for Brewster, he's a completely different player to Burke, it's not a either/or scenario - we needed to sign more than one forward.

Very much water under the bridge now but I was just reading an article about Wigan's administration and this makes it sound like United pissing off the administrators was as much of a factor in him going to Fulham as the increased wages.

"For example, a deal for Robinson was just being finalised with Sheffield United at £3 million when relegation was guaranteed, and Robinson’s price dropped to £1.9 million, paid in two instalments.

“That was his buy-out clause, so it was a remarkable coincidence they got that right to the penny, including all the add-ons.”

Having made his annoyance with Sheffield United public, Stanley contacted Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh to see if they were still interested in the USA international. Stanley had met Mackintosh when the latter was an executive at Manchester City and Stanley had been chairman of City’s small shareholder association.

“I reached out, told him our situation, said he was getting a quality player for a great price and asked if he would round it up to £2 million, up front,” says Stanley.

“I told him we might not be here in a year’s time. He showed a bit of class and said, ‘Done’. So that was a bit of a personal favour and it enabled me to pay the next lot of wages.”

Very much water under the bridge now but I was just reading an article about Wigan's administration and this makes it sound like United pissing off the administrators was as much of a factor in him going to Fulham as the increased wages.

"For example, a deal for Robinson was just being finalised with Sheffield United at £3 million when relegation was guaranteed, and Robinson’s price dropped to £1.9 million, paid in two instalments.

“That was his buy-out clause, so it was a remarkable coincidence they got that right to the penny, including all the add-ons.”

Having made his annoyance with Sheffield United public, Stanley contacted Fulham chief executive Alistair Mackintosh to see if they were still interested in the USA international. Stanley had met Mackintosh when the latter was an executive at Manchester City and Stanley had been chairman of City’s small shareholder association.

“I reached out, told him our situation, said he was getting a quality player for a great price and asked if he would round it up to £2 million, up front,” says Stanley.

“I told him we might not be here in a year’s time. He showed a bit of class and said, ‘Done’. So that was a bit of a personal favour and it enabled me to pay the next lot of wages.”
Sheffield United!!!!.....fannying about in the transfer market!!!???? No, no that can't be us.......no way pedro

Sheffield United!!!!.....fannying about in the transfer market!!!???? No, no that can't be us.......no way pedro
Why would we pay more than his release clause? The main recipients of any cash Wigan brought in was the administration team who, frankly, rinsed every last penny out of the sorry state the Latics got themselves into.

If we met the release clause then the decision was Robinson's to make. He chose the bright lights of London and massive salary Fulham were offering comparative to us.

A promising young attacking wing-back views Parker's Fulham as a better place to develop their footballing career instead of Wilder's Blades. I think this warrants a good chortle and piss take. Anyhow we now have our own young promising LWB in Lowe who will likely only get better the longer he is with us by competing with and learning from Enda Stevens who for the majority of last season was one of the finest wing-backs in the Premier League. We can let bygones be bygones regarding the news around his transfer but come the end of the season I know who will be more likely to be regretting their choice... ;)
Haha this hasn't aged well ....I guess he made the right choice after all

Wages aside, I'm not sure if he has made the right choice in selecting Fulham over us. If Fulham do get relegated they could be faced with a major rebuild as they have seven loans in the first team squad don't they? Depends how they use their parachute payments; wisely or foolishly.
This is the main reason I would prefer Fulham to get related rather than Newcastle.

Back
Top Bottom