Gone Elsewhere Conor Coady

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah it's only that Egan at LCB restricts us in an attacking sense. Defensively it's absolutely fine.
Why would he restrict us attacking wise, i think he brings the ball out well, as for over lapping weve never seen this due to him being the central player , but i see no reason he couldnt do this roll as he can hit a good long range pass

Importantly he spoke fairly recently about enjoying his time here, I'm not banging the sign former players drum but he's quality, experienced and fits in. We can't just sign kids and expect youth to carry us through, there's going to be some tough games where we could take some hammer. Sometimes just having some older heads keeps the young ones going

Or we could have Coady and Egan as the fixed centre backs with Anel as the central one allowed to bomb forward. Sort of like re-inventing the sweeper system.
I like that, yep. Could be gold. It wouldn't restrict us to attacking on one side of the pitch.

@Hecky @Jack @StuartM

Egan at LCB in the PL is something that should not be entertained at all

Our success has been built on the defence

So now, in a season we expect to be up against it, let's reshuffle the bedrock of that defence

I don't think so

Ireland are fucking garbage btw and nothing they do should be used as an example, by us or anyone playing the sport of football at any level anywhere in the world

It's a bargain for the quality he has.
Would be more about the wages he wants.

He'll want to be first choice though, rightfully - so I think Egan would have to play LCB... Which isn't really ideal on paper.

I'd love to sign him, but surely he'll get a bigger offer.... He needs a club playing three centre backs though.... Maybe Wolves will need a new manager who wants to play three at the back.

Basically it doesn't make complete sense and I'm confused.
Aye
Absolutely
I’m not criticising the concept just the practicality -especially the ability to afford him.

If we’re willing to pay ‘big’ salaries I’d rather we chuck money @ Skilliman & Doyle ( (including substantial chunk of the 20m transfer budget !) and sign Clark - similar salary to Coady (?) but no (4m) transfer fee

Overall I reckon CC will have ‘better’ offers (& clubs) to consider than us - much of the lower half , & even above (Brentford; Fulham; Tottingham ?!?) could (should ) be interested (excluding WWFC;EFC !!!!)
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him @ Burnley !

I think we can rely on Egan being our older experienced pro in the back line do not need to bring another one in. JLT and Baldrick also have plenty of experience at a decent level.
Money has to be spent on younger players who can develop and we get a return on other than perhaps one experienced head in midfield, whilst not forgetting that is the area where we need legs and physicality

It's being reported today that Everton have an option to buy for £4.5m but that if EFC decline then Wolves could be looking for more from anyone else. Let's face it, he's a solid player, was very recently an England international, not considered too old in most people's eyes at 30 years old - if Wolves want £6m let's say, most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League would have him, even as back up. He'll be looking for his last big pay day and he'll go to whoever offers the best package. That won't be us! I hope I'm wrong though, as I think he'd be a great fit for us.

Yeah it's only that Egan at LCB restricts us in an attacking sense. Defensively it's absolutely fine.
our right and left centre backs wont be doing much attacking in the premier league so im not worried about that aspect plus coady hits wonderful long diagonal balls to the right wing be perfect for george to run on to

our right and left centre backs wont be doing much attacking in the premier league so im not worried about that aspect plus coady hits wonderful long diagonal balls to the right wing be perfect for george to run on to
I know what you're saying, but Anel will be bombing on still. 100%.
They guy has tried 15 overhead kicks this season, the kid has balls of steel.

Is it round about now where someone mentions that Anel has played LCH before coming to us?

He's not deemed good enough for Wolves or Everton. Both are relegation candidates. So what use is he gonna be for us?
Unfortunately he is typical of the market we'll be shopping in. He did o.k. the last time and he has played for England,because of our apparent financial limitations,it's freebies and loans i guess.

He's not deemed good enough for Wolves or Everton. Both are relegation candidates. So what use is he gonna be for us?
Wasn't long ago he was one of Wolves' best players though and overall helped Everton be a little better defensively.

I'm not against signing him at all, but struggle to know where he quite fits in, in that back 3.

Still reckon this might be a bit of just lazy rumour talk.

I would much rather resign Ampadu than Coady

There’s a reason Coady isn’t wanted by wolves/Everton both bottom half Prem teams

Don’t talk about him getting in the England squad he got there because he shouts a lot much like Jordan Henderson

We should not be paying big wages & fees on 30+ year olds with no resaleable value

Sign Ampadu Bettie listen to fallowfield

There’s a reason Coady isn’t wanted by wolves/Everton both bottom half Prem teams

Don’t talk about him getting in the England squad he got there because he shouts a lot much like Jordan Henderson

We should not be paying big wages & fees on 30+ year olds with no resaleable value

No one wants Ampadu hence is loan out to a shite Italian team. Coady is proven.
England International.

Every club needs a player like Coady. Tremendous leader, bags of experience and still has a lot of quality. The type of player we need to have a chance in the prem

No one wants Ampadu hence is loan out to a shite Italian team. Coady is proven.
England International.

started 50+ games in Serbia A and he isn’t even 23

Fiorientina and Juventus are apparently wanting to sign him this summer

Come back to me when you know anything about European football scouting I do as I hold a uefa scouting badge

Back
Top Bottom