What happened to Keith Edwards?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy23

Reaction score
Where is he? Nowhere to be found on BBC. Did he get sacked? Did he leave? Why?

If he left Radio Sheffield I hope it was his decision. Loved listening to his insightfull and brutally honest commentaries. If Radio Sheffield got rid then they want boycotting especially as their football commentaries consist of bukkake sessions over the pigs.

Saw him at the Northern General Hospital about 9 months ago. He was in a lot of pain and waiting to have a 2nd hip replacement

it was weird he was there & then after pandemic season. in our 1st season of the championship he wasn't there. & no explanation

Can confirm. He went back to driving lorries. I saw him doing so in Sheffield city centre.

Pretty sure he was lorry driving when he finished with football. Nothing to do with brexit which was donkeys years later.
Isn’t the point that he previously ‘supplemented’ the driving with the commentary monies & now doesn’t need to do so as the driving is now (more) worthwhile financially?

As already said, he became too busy with his driving work and could charge a premium for it, so bye bye RS.

Just shows how much football has changed. Doubt Billy will be driving a wagon in his 60's.

Radio co comms get paid a pittance , John Mcgovern was doing Forest games for less than a 100 quid about 5 years ago.

Pretty sad that players like that diving cunt Grealish will pack football in while he's in his 30's and retire knowing he's never done a days work in his life, while players who offered a lot more to the game like Edwards are driving lorries and hoping their pension is good enough to retire at 67.
Edwards will have a huge pension, only thing it wont all go to him.

He just drives about for an hour and half, doesn’t do much but when he gets to his destination he fooking delivers the goods.
As always.
Aye
I’ve posted this afore but always worth retelling:-

KE was putting in his usual ‘energy conserving’ performance which provoked a ‘Terrace expert’ to loudly opine:-

“Edwards you idle bastard, all tha does is score “

Aye
I’ve posted this afore but always worth retelling:-

KE was putting in his usual ‘energy conserving’ performance which provoked a ‘Terrace expert’ to loudly opine:-

“Edwards you idle bastard, all tha does is score “

See also criticism of Billy in 2016-17.

Of course, King Keith also took corners, and a very good free kick!

If he left Radio Sheffield I hope it was his decision. Loved listening to his insightfull and brutally honest commentaries. If Radio Sheffield got rid then they want boycotting especially as their football commentaries consist of bukkake sessions over the pigs.
I thought he was distinclty 'average' in his final months as a co-commentator. Didn't do his homework on the opposing teams. Said the same things every week. Always made sure to mention how many goals he had scored in his career. Carl Asaba is miles better.

Keith if you are on here lurking what are your thoughts on the Sheffield Clean Air Zone which i believe begins today 27th..............Lorry drivers gotta pay.

Yes i agree he was great in the commentary box .He knew what he was talking about and he was so honest .If he thought we were crap he said it as it was . At the same time he was very funny .Yes it is not the same without him .Come back Keith we miss you mate .

Pretty sad that players like that diving cunt Grealish will pack football in while he's in his 30's and retire knowing he's never done a days work in his life, while players who offered a lot more to the game like Edwards are driving lorries and hoping their pension is good enough to retire at 67.
I have been told Grealish is opening a driving school .ER ER ER Sorry a diving school .

Sir Keith!
Let's never forget his goal at Bolton away (lost 3-1) that got us promoted. Hull won at Burnley but couldn't overturn our goal difference. He got kicked in the head scoring it and was stretchered off.
Always a legend. Sir Keith.
Yes and he appeared on a Yorkshire TV football special on the Friday night, the night before the Newport game, sporting the black eye he'd obtained at Bolton. George Kerr was also a guest and suggested that Sheff United went to church on Sunday morning and prayed (that results went our way). I can't imagine Iliman Ndiaye being a guest on a TV show the night before the Birmingham game!

Remember a few suggestions on Bladesmad calling for him to replace Blackwell!

Back
Top Bottom