Will we miss Berge?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ozzy is a great team player who always gives his all, but 9 times out of 10 I would have Sander over him because his quality is so much better

McAtee and Doyle doesn’t work together so I am a bit concerned, I don’t think we will sign anyone either.. so are we betting the farm on Fleck coming back and being the old John Fleck?

Yes, massively. This game illustrates why. Norwood and Doyle are pressed and they wack it like a hot potato. Anywhere will do. Ale house.

Berge gets it and he shimmies, glides and plays it to a United player, or carries it effectively. Both aspects linking the midfield and defence and stopping teams pressing us and neutralising Norwood.. This gives Norwood so much room which he thrives in. He can also transition from the middle into the final third. With the exception of Ndiaye/Mcattee we have nobody that can do this.

The game completely bypassed our midfield out of possession today - it's a bit rich calling Berge having watched that. They never won a header, tackle or engaged the opponents at all. A colander. We are very much dependent on incomings now as our midfield is much easier to nullify

I can see us eventually changing shape and becoming much more pragmatic.

We need a presence in midfield - a mobile ball winner when can also distribute.........Norwood needs a more physical partner. Berge has never managed to be this, although he should be able to. So move him on and find a replacement - BUT WE HAVE TO HAVE A REPLACEMENT BY THE DEADLINE

I will tell you with 100% accuracy whether we'll miss him after the window SLAMS shut

If Berge goes ,fair enough,it's football, do I want him to go? No, he's a very talented footballer,we should be looking to build a team around players like him, Osborne is a good squad player who I have a lot of time for but , comparing him for the future with Berge?
Absolutely stupid idea, I accept it's about opinions but,really?

Berge was unable to show his undoubted class consistently to some extent because he was badly managed; specifically, being played out of his optimum position. When so much is spent on targeted class players it behoves a manager to weave a team together with their proven special skills, not fit the man to the team regardless. Better still, buy a player whose profile suits what you already have in mind. I therefore think this signing was a mismatch that need not have been, because when he 'turned up' and played higher, he showed some magic moments. It is a shame, but best all round.

Berge was unable to show his undoubted class consistently to some extent because he was badly managed; specifically, being played out of his optimum position. When so much is spent on targeted class players it behoves a manager to weave a team together with their proven special skills, not fit the man to the team regardless. Better still, buy a player whose profile suits what you already have in mind. I therefore think this signing was a mismatch that need not have been, because when he 'turned up' and played higher, he showed some magic moments. It is a shame, but best all round.
Reeks of Pogba syndrome a bit to be honest. ‘It’s everyone else’s fault he hasn’t been brilliant. He need to play in this 10m2 patch of grass and have everyone making the right runs for him’

A good player is versatile and can adapt to systems. I’m fairly neutral on Berge (this he’s ok but not great) but feels very much like excuse-making to me if we go down that route.

Back
Top Bottom