Don't let the win fool you

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
That's the 5th game on the trot where we've looked poor bar a 15 minute period and some individual brilliance.

If Ndiaye is out for a period then don't be surprised if the wheels start falling off... They're wobbling at the moment.

Don't forget this is stoke fighting off relegation who we let run the midfield.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
That's the 5th game on the trot where we've looked poor bar a 15 minute period and some individual brilliance.

If Ndiaye is out for a period then don't be surprised if the wheels start falling off... They're wobbling at the moment.

Fucking bellend

Agree.

First 20 minutes aside, that wasn't a good display. We have three very winnable games and then we're into a long stretch of tough games against the chasing pack. It's vital that we pick up the points between now and then, as the better teams in this league will beat this iteration of our side.

Of big concern is that we can now add Baldock, Stevens and Ndiaye to the injury list.
We're only a couple away from dipping into the kids for a bench again.
The wheels could so easily fall off if that happens, as they did in October... and in the meantime the likes of Middlesbrough & West Brom aren't showing signs of letting up.

Last edited:
Yep, it looks like 3 points and extending our lead over third. But I refuse to have the wool pulled over my eyes and realise that we're actually closer to the bottom than going up.

YOU WON'T FOOL ME BLADES!

A fine example of forum bedwetting, sir.

Maybe we should sign a car mechanic to tighten up the lug nuts on those wheels....?

Grow some testicles

You don't tend to dominate the full 90 mins really.
We were much the better team 1st half but let them back into it before they scored. However before then we could have perhaps been more than 2-0 up.

2nd half we didn't really do enough with the ball going forward and then of course Bogle pops up with the decider. Berge could have done the same 10 mins previously.

Goals change games, we come out after 1st half at 2-0 up and Stoke need to commit more forward and leave more holes at the back. 2-1 makes it finely poised.

N'diaye is a really crucial player for us, he's a bit of a cheat card really. Can make something of nothing, excellent skilful player and big assist/goalscorer.
I really hope it's not really an injury. Can ill afford to lose him for any time, but if we do lets hope it's only a week or 2.

For me today main thing that was wrong was Berge had a stinker for most of it. He never really got into the game, never got any runs going and was poor defensively.
He can press but rarely does he put a challenge in I find. All players have games where they are off the pace lets hope he's better next time out.

Have to say was surprised Hecky kept him on. I'd have put Doyle on for Berge.
Can only assume it's fitness and perhaps McAtee might have not maintained for the full 90.

Back to the posters comments about the last 5 games I'm assuming we are talking just about league games:
Today - not great but could have been better still came out 3-1 winners
QPR - Admittedly I was not impressed with out performance, yet we stuck in there to grab an equaliser
Blackpool - Up until they scored we were in control of that match an OK away performance
Coventry - Expected toughest match of the season for us, thought this was a decent performance. Penalty save was crucial to how that game panned out
Wigan - Again an away performance that we were in control of until they scored.

Whenever you only have a goal up in a game as the game progesses nerves kick in. We've had a fair chunk of that in our recent games.
Means that after 70mins you are thinking more about not over commiting and are retreating further to you're own goal. Which of course encourages the opposition whatever the quality.

Getting or maintaining a 2 goal advantage at least means this doesn't happen.

It is possible to win and be crap
We've played some very poor and short on confidence teams, Blackpool, Wigan, QPR, Stoke, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Rotherham since battering Burnley and we've made all of them look decent.

I dread to think what an energetic Watford, Boro and West Brom and Norwich will do to us

We've played some very poor and short on confidence teams, Blackpool, Wigan, QPR, Stoke, Huddersfield, Cardiff and Rotherham since battering Burnley and we've made all of them look decent.

I dread to think what an energetic Watford, Boro and West Brom and Norwich will do to us
They'll do fck all to us, just like an energetic Burnley

Alex furgusson used to say, winning games when you haven't played well won man utd titles..

Thought we were great today in spells and could have had it sewn up in the first half..

Berge scores that sitter we win 4-1

But I guess 3-1 isn't good enough for some..

Not that I’d want it to happen, but we can get humped in all 4 of those games and it might not matter.

Bloody hell, if you’re winning when you’re playing shite surely that’s a good sign? Stop being so pessimistic or the season will finish & you won’t have allowed yourself to enjoy it!

Won today without McBurnie, Brewster, RND, Fleck, Baldock in the squad.

Same as Burnley did ?

Back
Top Bottom