Don't let the win fool you

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Today ourselves, Burnley, West Brom and Middlesbrough all won. Of those winners Burnley created less than we did and snuck a 1-0 win, Boro created even less than that but also scraped a win. Only WBA created much and really dominated.
Very few Championship sides in history dominate every game. Once you're up there and on form, teams set up to limit you, the ability to negate this and still get three points is what will take you up.

We aren't there yet, WBA and Boro certainly look more of a chasing threat than Blackburn, but we've done an incredible job to give ourselves a big head start, whilst dealing with a big injury'l list too. We've now got plenty of room to slip up, and neither of the chasing pack will continue current form.

It's so easy to over analyse your own team and scrutinise every performance, then blindly assume that those around you are paying well and winning.

Today ourselves, Burnley, West Brom and Middlesbrough all won. Of those winners Burnley created less than we did and snuck a 1-0 win, Boro created even less than that but also scraped a win. Only WBA created much and really dominated.
Very few Championship sides in history dominate every game. Once you're up there and on form, teams set up to limit you, the ability to negate this and still get three points is what will take you up.

We aren't there yet, WBA and Boro certainly look more of a chasing threat than Blackburn, but we've done an incredible job to give ourselves a big head start, whilst dealing with a big injury'l list too. We've now got plenty of room to slip up, and neither of the chasing pack will continue current form.

It's so easy to over analyse your own team and scrutinise every performance, then blindly assume that those around you are paying well and winning.

Burnley are dramatically over performing their XG and all the stats (other than the obvious one) show us as being better than them this season.

Burnley are dramatically over performing their XG and all the stats (other than the obvious one) show us as being better than them this season.
Really Roy

I’ve watched Burnley this season and thought they were outstanding and far better than us bar when they played us

They have produced a level of performance far better than us

Again stats may say this and that but we aren’t a cohesive unit IMO and are been carried by top championship players like ndiaye/Berge/Bogle IMO

You take that out I don’t see much , if we go up they won’t be a level above they will be decent prem players with no method of playing other than relying on ndiaye 🤷‍♂️

Then what do we have ?

That's the 5th game on the trot where we've looked poor bar a 15 minute period and some individual brilliance.

If Ndiaye is out for a period then don't be surprised if the wheels start falling off... They're wobbling at the moment.

Don't forget this is stoke fighting off relegation who we let run the midfield.
Give over we looked zippy great passing and a very good side utter tripe

Really Roy

I’ve watched Burnley this season and thought they were outstanding and far better than us bar when they played us

They have produced a level of performance far better than us

Again stats may say this and that but we aren’t a cohesive unit IMO and are been carried by top championship players like ndiaye/Berge/Bogle IMO

You take that out I don’t see much , if we go up they won’t be a level above they will be decent prem players with no method of playing other than relying on ndiaye 🤷‍♂️

Then what do we have ?
Don't rate burnley they were lucky yesterday

General consensus is that we were pretty poor yesterday, so yes there are improvements to make.

But looking at this objectively we are 11 points clear of 3rd. That's equivalent to 4 wins MORE than us by the 3rd placed side to overtake us

And as ucandomagic 's graphs on another thread show, this is the second best season (only to a Warnock promotion season) in recent times. We are doing better than when Wilder got us promoted, for example.

So if we can't enjoy this season as it continues and concludes in all probability in promotion to the PL, then we can't enjoy football. We won't win every game, we will have blips and scares. But we are having a brilliant season. So FFS lets drink it in.

It isn’t.

But anyway, my intention was for my fellow Blade to whom I was replying to remain positive.
Don't let the win fool you
I didn’t enjoy it today. I thought didn’t think we played like anywhere near the level we are capable of, and there was several players who i thought was poor today, and for the long period it was 2-1 I was expecting Stoke to peg it back to 2-2.

I’m more than happy with the win, more so that it takes us 3 points closer to where we want to be, and sides that win despite not playing well are usually the same aides that go up, although I do think we haven’t played that well since the Burnley win despite on paper being on fine form.

I’ve been going to the Lane for long enough to have seen loads of stuff unravel quickly in the past, and plenty of times too. I might be being a negative fucker tonight but I’ll rather not get carried away at this stage and just take it at a game at a time
That's fair enough
Maybe it might make you feel better if you started a thread telling people that the world is about to cave in
Don't rate burnley they were lucky yesterday
Seen them six or seven times and very similarly to us they are just edging games by taking their chances at crucial times in allof the games I've seen them they have been second best for long periods of the game

General consensus is that we were pretty poor yesterday, so yes there are improvements to make.

But looking at this objectively we are 11 points clear of 3rd. That's equivalent to 4 wins MORE than us by the 3rd placed side to overtake us

And as ucandomagic 's graphs on another thread show, this is the second best season (only to a Warnock promotion season) in recent times. We are doing better than when Wilder got us promoted, for example.

So if we can't enjoy this season as it continues and concludes in all probability in promotion to the PL, then we can't enjoy football. We won't win every game, we will have blips and scares. But we are having a brilliant season. So FFS lets drink it in.

I am enjoying this season as we are cruising to promotion

All im saying is I find it bat shit mental judging on how we scrape past every team without getting out of 2nd gear

We've got from bed wetting to total full incontinence at this point. We've won three one what's everyone upset about?
They ought to go and see Billy Connolly and get a pair of those incontinence knickers, they will feel much better then.

Without sounding like a bit of a Wendy…All clubs in this league come to BDTBL and raise there game.

if your not happy don't come ...but don't spout this bollocks every single week
we totally dominated at millwall last week and at no time looked in danger today

Burnley scraped a 1-0 with an 84th minute goal today. I bet not one of their fans will offer whingeing detrimental garbage we get in here
Saw that MattSB guy on YouTube
Coventry fan doing a video about top 2 in championship well worth a look , especially what he says about us and Burnley
Maybe our fans should listen to what oppo fans say about us before posting shite ( not you btw )

Back
Top Bottom