Brewster and McBurnie Charged

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wasn't edited pal. It was over quicker than it started.
it was more that i felt the video started in the middle of something. as if your on the floor like he claim your going to be able to get your phone out & start recording. obviously i cant prove it but it feels like there 20 secs beforehand thats missing

The case not being proven to the required standard under the 3 requirements for obtaining a guilty verdict for assault by beating is significant. Questions may be subsequently raised as to the standard of evidence the prosecution provided. Relying on the grainy video and saying this was clear evidence of a stamp when all could see it was inconclusive is one illustration of the poor standard. If this together with a few I saw him stamp on him statements was the totality of their evidence you may be entitled to ask why was this drain on the public purse allowed to proceed? Bearing in mind they were already in possession of threatening texts sent by the alleged victim to Mcburnie which should have been a flag as to the credibility of the allegations. Add in the fact Brinkley went to the press within two days making reference to not wanting compensation but justice and you began to see a picture developing of a potential civil case being pursued for damages against Mcb in the event of a guilty verdict. Not guilty now dismisses that prospect.

Mcb's victory is being found not guilty. There is no recourse for him to pursue Brinkley for bringing this action. He can bask in the knowledge his reputation has been enhanced by this verdict and that newspaper editors up and down the country are having to hastily re write their front pages and move this result inside hidden away in the classified ads.

This is also a victory for professional footballers who seek to defend themselves when attacked by pitch intruders carrying out criminal acts. Perhaps the FA will now finally dust themselves down and apply the appropriate sanctions against Florist FC for failing to control their fans and address the woeful lack of security. This is long overdue.
Cheers, I’m glad that’s the case.

Just a shame McB can’t pursue anything against Brinkley for his ridiculous accusations.

it was more that i felt the video started in the middle of something. as if your on the floor like he claim your going to be able to get your phone out & start recording. obviously i cant prove it but it feels like there 20 secs beforehand thats missing
You can see it all here mate. Keep your eyes on bottom right of screen. Might need to rewind it a few times as loads going on.
Pick out McBurnie and follow him.
Then pick out Bogle n Jebbo and follow them.

The dog nonce comes bounding over to Jevbo and Bogle and is in their face. You then see Brewster drag him down. It's all started and over within about 10sec

You can see it all here mate. Keep your eyes on bottom right of screen. Might need to rewind it a few times as loads going on.
Pick out McBurnie and follow him.
Then pick out Bogle n Jebbo and follow them.

The dog nonce comes bounding over to Jevbo and Bogle and is in their face. You then see Brewster drag him down. It's all started and over within about 10sec

These are VERY close to Wednesday with my hatred 🤬

I just hope he has 47 pizzas delivered tonight, 4 skips tomorrow ,156 trays of dogfood every day after that, 6 Rolf Harris's, 7 jimmy savilles, 9 Cliff Richards, 26 dug up Barbara Woodhouses ,and a Partridge family in a pear tree, for Xmas.
You've ordered him 47 pizzas and 4 skips haven't you? 😉

It was the 'viral video' that ultimately played a part in his not guilty verdict, as it was clear to the Judge it was not conclusive proof.
It's somewhat ironic, that it was also the video that instigated this trial, led the CPS to press charges and lawyers get involved.
If some over excited person, who we can assume exaggerated the situation, had not shouted "a Sheffield United player has stamped on a fan" and posted it on social media, the guy would have most likely got up and gone home.

It was the 'viral video' that ultimately played a part in his not guilty verdict, as it was clear to the Judge it was not conclusive proof.
It's somewhat ironic, that it was also the video that instigated this trial, led the CPS to press charges and lawyers get involved.
If some over excited person, who we can assume exaggerated the situation, had not shouted "a Sheffield United player has stamped on a fan" and posted it on social media, the guy would have most likely got up and gone home.
Wouldn't the viral video be argument for an unfair trial? I'm not saying it is or isn't, I'm just asking a question.

There's no reason why they needed to wait. Needs panel appointing. They then get punishment and depends if accepted or not. It does take time. But this is particularly long.
Don't hold your breath, it's forest were talking about the latest prem darlings. They'll do fuck all with them!!

I'd argue that wishing death upon someone and their family fits into that category.

I'm not saying McBurnie will chase this up, I doubt he will, but there's an argument to be had that dog nonce can have his day in court for other reasons.

I'd agree, esp part 4 grossly offensive. Now he's had his day in court and been shown up for what he is it seems wrong that it ends here especially considering all the cost.

Nottingham Forest FC have got off very lightly as well so far.

Do we reckon he was egged on to report it in the hope to get compo and then it gathered more and more momentum and before he knew it, he was dragged into court with no experience or expectations and basically made a total Cockenzie of himself?
Seems plausible to me.

Reactions: HVR

Do we reckon he was egged on to report it in the hope to get compo and then it gathered more and more momentum and before he knew it, he was dragged into court with no experience or expectations and basically made a total Cockenzie of himself?
Seems plausible to me.
Who would have egged him on? Parents? Fellow dog walkers?

Seems plausible to me.
Addressing McB’s counsel as “babes” suggests he’s just a cock-end.

Theoretically yes, but the judge made no finding he was lying and , reading between the lines, it was probably "he says one thing, OMB says another, I don't know who's telling the truth so I can't be certain there was an assault, its NG". That being the case, its highly unlikely you could prove beyond reasonable doubt, the complainant was lying, which you'd need for a perjury conviction. Hence he won't be prosecuted.
If there had been insufficient evidence the case would have been stopped at end of Pros case hence there was a case to answer but it wasn’t proved to the requisite standard

Back
Top Bottom