2022/2023 Match Thread Swansea City v. Sheffield United - 13th September 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SWA
SWA
SWA

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1662975404711.png vs. 1662975410962.png

Championship Week 10 - Tuesday 13th September 2022 - 19:45 - Swansea.com Stadium
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/swansea-city-vs-sheffield-united.614/

Officials:

Referee: Darren Bond
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Assistant Referee: Samuel Ogles
Fourth Official: Tim Robinson

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1662975530620.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Screenshot 2022-09-12 at 10.39.30.png

This ref wears an Alice band. The ref. What is the world coming to?

Don't feel we've really got going that much as an attacking force.

Berge has been very quiet until the last 5 mins.

They have been pressing us well.

Good they didn't take some of their earlier openings.

Happy to come in at 0-0, regroup and then maybe wear then down and a Brewster or McAtee or Khadra comes on and wins it.

HT Summary:

Mcburnie probably our best player that half toiling hard and got very close to getting his foot onto a ball into the box on more than one occassion.

Berge started as our biggest threat but then started dropping deeper to protect Bash who I thought had a poor half.

While Ahmedhodzic looks capable on the left, he certainly doesn't look even 10% as good as he does on the right.

Would take Bash off, put Ahmedhodzic back on the right.

Then move RND back to LCB and bring Khadra on as LWB.

Need to up the tempo and Khadra could hopefully bring that.

Unimpressive first half. Seemed rusty and not really playing as a team. Ball keeps bouncing around with more luck than judgement at times.

Sloppy in midfield and at the back. Lucky to have no conceded and the marking and tracking is not good when they move the ball quickly. Midfield needs to get a grip. Berge not determined enough, Doyle being pulled across.

Unsurprisingly, we look unbalanced.

Ndiaye and McBurnie need to do better with the ball. It's not sticking and it's pinball at times.

There's a lack of conviction and determination all over the pitch.

Why do I have this nasty feeling they are going nick this.
We just seem so lethargic.

Lowe out but we have made effectively 3 changes. Just put Khadra in as a LWB. We look unbalanced.

HT Summary:

Mcburnie probably our best player that half toiling hard and got very close to getting his foot onto a ball into the box on more than one occassion.

Berge started as our biggest threat but then started dropping deeper to protect Bash who I thought had a poor half.

While Ahmedhodzic looks capable on the left, he certainly doesn't look even 10% as good as he does on the right.

Would take Bash off, put Ahmedhodzic back on the right.

Then move RND back to LCB and bring Khadra on as LWB.

Need to up the tempo and Khadra could hopefully bring that.
Do this!

Few longer attacks without goal(s) and Swansea seems to had better chances to score in the first half.

We are doing these odd few meter passes that don't have any impact nor change things/position and look more like players want to give the ball away.

I hope to see more determined team in 2nd half and maybe release some repressed energy of our subs (Khadra and McAtee mainly).

Lowe out but we have made effectively 3 changes. Just put Khadra in as a LWB. We look unbalanced.
Agree the defence has been changed too much to accommodate Lowe injury, has Khadra ever played LWB he could be a disaster.
Hopefully we can get Enda or Ossie back for Saturday

Seconded.

We seem to be lacking a bit of pace and they seem a little more controlling when they get the ball. We can pass it round their box nice enough but just lacking that final bit.

Also agree McB has been decent, seems to be throwing him self at every ball in the box. Feels like they're trying to pull Berge and Ndiaye out the game

Well here’s me thinking we were the better team a mile … then I read the last two pages of this thread ???
Started well, finished well, they were better in between. They're decent midfield forward but a car crash at the back. Need to play in their half more.

Some really harsh comments on here
We started really well ,they couldn't get the ball off us and yes they've come back into it but we've got a makeshift back 5 and they are at home

Still fancy us to win this

How many players is Anel going to give stitches to this season... im going for odds on 5+

Well here’s me thinking we were the better team a mile … then I read the last two pages of this thread ???
I don't think there's much in it. We've had more chances but they had the best one

I think Norwood has some sort of pointing disorder, he can’t stop doing it. He was pointing when the ball was out of play and no one was looking at him, then had a quick point at the ground in front of him and ran off doing little points.
Norwoods weakness & why he is so poor in premier league. because not on skill level obviously, but he reminds me of scholes in that when he is a brilliant player going forward but can be liability in defence

Fackinell, must try harder & do better than this. How have they not scored 😵‍💫

Back
Top Bottom