2022/2023 Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 26th August 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LUT
LUT
LUT

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1661521488298.pngvs. 1661521512639.gif

Championship Week 6 - Friday 26th August 2022 - 20:00 - Kenilworth Road
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/luton-town-vs-sheffield-united.610/

Officials:

Referee: David Webb
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Graham Kane
Fourth Official: Andy Woolmer

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1661521796924.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

7C7D0B57-290E-4B8C-9FA3-94EC02F64705.jpeg

Mcatee needs taking off, he looks lost, put doyle on and push berge further up
McAtee looks shell shocked, he's got to come off
They've battered us, Morris 10 times the player Mc b is
Freeman played very well

Would like to see a positive approach from Hecky, 2 or more halftime subs needed here. James McAtee doesn’t exactly scream Luton away, Bash looking rusty and has been dominated in the air.

McAtee for Doyle
Bash for Ahmedhodzic

Push Berge further forwards.

What? he wasn’t marking that area, it was Bash that was asleep. I’ve been one of his biggest critics but McB had a very good half - won practically every battle

Really ...? I thought he was terrible. That must make their number 9 Ronaldo at his peak... you just need to look at the other end of the pitch to see how you play McBurnie's position

What? he wasn’t marking that area, it was Bash that was asleep. I’ve been one of his biggest critics but McB had a very good half - won practically every battle
No he didn't. He's not a target man, he doesn't run the channels, he has no one time pass in him, can't find space in the box, doesn't link up well, doesn't hold the ball up well. But he falls over like an Olympic diver. Sorry, but he's not why we are losing but he's not helping his team win either. Lots of finger pointing to go around.

That half was poor, Luton are a strong side, on occasions slipping into wrestling. I dont think you can criticise the forwards or the defense too much, this performance is purely down to the midfield, mcatee hasn't got into the game at all, none of his passes have been completed, his corners have been awful, hes got a yellow card and looks certain to get another one, berge hasn't turned up, the midfield needs shaking up and the only option we have on the bench is doyle who needs to come on for mcatee and push berge further forward, I would also take off basham and bring on anel, if hes ok to play 45 minutes

That was absolute bobbar, mcatee off he looks out of his depth, we’re yet to match their aggression, need to be more assertive and move the ball better

Luton look good. Morris is quality, i want to hate him but i can’t!

not been the best half for us.

We've had more possession but crossing has been poor, in fact we shouldn't really be crossing because their back 3 are gobbling everything airborne up. McAtee look off the pace and could see hime being replaced at HT as he's on a yellow too.

Need to stop playing their game and play our own game, get ball to feet, and get round them.

McBurnie has done pretty well. Final ball has let him down a few times but using his weight well. Ndiaye has been ok. The rest have been fairly poor.

You have to give Luton credit though. They've played really well. First to everything. Much more determination.

The team somehow lacks the joint idea in attacking as now they seem to make fast (unnecessary) (one touch) passes and either trying to quick&simple breaks or just loose the ball in the progress.

Calm down and play together. We had a moment little after Lutons goal and we need to keep the pressure on to get result.

Bit of a street brawl this and Luton have the necessary thugs
Referee a bit lightweight
Mcatee a bit lightweight, and needs replacing
Blades been terrible at stopping crosses
Freeman having a blinder
Sander not been in it at all

Good summary.

Think McAtee and Berge have both been really bad, nothing is going right for them. McAtee looks like a little boy trying to play against men.

Our best player has been N’Dieye. The ball sticks to him and he looks composed. You can compare his quality to McBurnie who again looks like a lower league player.

He’s a striker and he’s never in the right place. He hasn’t been the worst but what he is doing is not what we want or need in a striker. Morris for them is on a different level.

That was very poor. Not winning any second balls, giving the ball away regularly. And FFS you have to beat your first man with corners and free kicks. It's basic stuff.

Mcatee seemed to give up just before half time, he needs to come off. If he stays on I can’t see him not getting sent off.

I am confused, we've played wank for 45 minutes, McBurnie has played all of them, and people are looking for a different scapegoat?

How can we play like we have at BL and then play with totally no passion , shape
Because this is exactly what UTD do each and every time we get in to a position where people start to sit up and take notice - we fuck it up. Called it before team announced or kick off. Absolute wank.

Back
Top Bottom