Transfer targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Add the amateur property developers buying second, third and fourth houses to 'do up' and rent out in the last 15 years as a huge problem with housing. Many did this as an alternative to a pension after the financial crisis as they worried about security. Less houses to buy pushing prices up even more along with people living longer and there being less bungalows / retirement estates for the older generation to downsize to.

Add the amateur property developers buying second, third and fourth houses to 'do up' and rent out in the last 15 years as a huge problem with housing. Many did this as an alternative to a pension after the financial crisis as they worried about security. Less houses to buy pushing prices up even more along with people living longer and there being less bungalows / retirement estates for the older generation to downsize to.

The financial crisis was caused by people borrowing and the irresponsible banks lending to everyone and his dog

Responsible people who saved for their future in any type of investment or savings products bore the brunt of it as governments in the Western world put rescue packages together for greedy borrowers that overstretched themselves and the banks that overstretched their lending capabilities

Well Well Well yet another two targets seem to think other clubs are a better bet regarding their future. What is wrong with the Blades recruitment department ? For the past 2 or three years we see potential targets signing for clubs who in my mind are a much lesser clubs than ours. Even the pigs if reports are to be believed are nicking are targets. Must be frustrating for the manager as it was for the last two managers .

Don’t be expecting any signings that cost money. Apart from this 7 figure offer for a player any more coming in will be frees and loans the club has said so we were never in for the players mentioned lately that would have cost a fee.

Well Well Well yet another two targets seem to think other clubs are a better bet regarding their future. What is wrong with the Blades recruitment department ? For the past 2 or three years we see potential targets signing for clubs who in my mind are a much lesser clubs than ours. Even the pigs if reports are to be believed are nicking are targets. Must be frustrating for the manager as it was for the last two managers .
Probably recruitment dept. being paid peanuts ... its embarrassing this non movement in the transfer market ... early hype to make us want to renew STs .... so we've been fooled again .... like to see league position come early September or do I?!

So selling off all the council houses for profit, most of which was gleaned off by individuals, and not building any more...that's a leftie issue?

And that housing shortage isn't down to an unfeasibly high percentage of rental housing being owned by an unfeasibly small percentage of landlords and agencies who are...guess what...only in it to make money and will ramp rents up regardless of how it will affect their tenants (prospective or otherwise)...

And how on earth you think "environmentalists and nimbys" are anything to do with acres upon acres of land being sold to PRIVATE DEVELOPERS instead of being used for SOCIAL HOUSING is beyond me. If you can't see that it"s a problem which has it's roots firmly planted within capitalist structures...then, without wanting to sound rude, I'd honestly question whether you understand the issue enough to comment on it.

What are you basing your comments on, if I may ask? Where are you getting your sources?
Fantastic summary.

The housing market is being manipulated by the wealthy, for the wealthy.

What we really need is a large scale social housing programme similar to the post WW2 scenario but it's never going to happen because it would suppress the profits of developers and the rental yields of current landlords.

A decent place gor everyone to live, at an affordable price, should be the foundation stone of any well balanced society, but it's never going to happen as those in charge have the most to lose.

It's nothing but a political situation.

Don’t be expecting any signings that cost money. Apart from this 7 figure offer for a player any more coming in will be frees and loans the club has said so we were never in for the players mentioned lately that would have cost a fee.
You say apart from the 7 figure offer for a player abroad . Are you sure about that? Hope you are right mate it shows some ambition but I have a feeling it won't happen . Makes you think what position we would be in with out parachute payments and the highest gates in the championship don't you think? That's without taking in to account great season ticket sales also.

Why do owners own clubs if their not wealthy enough I wonder. I think PA is a likeable guy but he appears skint 2 seasons we’ve got to settle for loans and frees, I know you can get good loans and frees but it’s sickening watching WBA sign Swift and Wallace plus Boro making signings and us not. We need 3-4 decent championship players and we’d push for top 2 imo. Frustrated always seem to leave it late and miss out on targets hope I eat my words come next few weeks but it does make you wonder how financially behind we are in comparison. Hope new investors do come as I think PA has a decent plan but will have to see. UTB.

Brewster will come good, as shown just before injury (hopefully).
Berge... We're hoping to get £20-30m for him this summer!
Burke; Wilder was desperate to give us some pace and he was all we could afford!
Freeman didn't play much tbf, then career seemingly ruined by injury.
Mousse helped us to 9th.

Okey dokey.
Brewster may come good but not as a complete player as he is very one dimensional as in how he plays.
Berge....hoping..... we will be lucky to get 15 for him. Very right sided and drifts in an out of games.
Mousset helped us to 9th but only showed flashes of brilliance but fitness and lifestyle were poor. Its not as though this wasn't highlighted during his time at Bournemouth

Looks like Burnley are favourites to sign Twine and Ballard which will be disappointing.

Housing problem is a simple supply/demand equation. Not only has supply minus demolitions failed to keep pace with population growth but demand has been boosted by artificially low interest rates. Not only have low rates made it easy for the buy to let brigade to borrow but has also made the rental yield look attractive versus the risk free rate.

The way to solve this is to increase housing supply, in particular price capped social/affordable housing and make the rental market less attractive to landlords through penalizing second mortgages and more heavily taxing rental income. However that would see a glut of sales putting downward pressure on prices. Good for first time buyers but a potential negative equity problem for more recent buyers

The people in the villages in NE Derbyshire should be thankful of some outsiders moving in, the alternative is bad teeth and having six fingers on each hand when banjo's usually only have four or five strings.
2128778611_ef98ab21ce_z.jpg

Clicked on this expecting to see lists of names of freebies and possible loan targets. Instead it's like homes under the hammer
To the original thread (I'm sure the diverted topic will continue!) I was looking at those players out of contract that had yet to be snapped up.

What is the opinion on Joe Ralls?

He's played 298 games for Cardiff and 38 for Yeovil. He's never played below Championship level. He’s also left footed. Scored about 7 in 20 when he’s played attacking midfield. Otherwise he scored 32 goals and 31 assists which works out as 5 goals and 5 assists per season.

Now Rothwell, Swift and Wallace and gone, who is the next tier?

Two weeks into the window.

Nothing!!!!!

What happened to the statement Hecky want new players in early so they can have a full pre season programme?

You just know whats going to happen. Final hours will see unispiring loan players coming in.
This seven figure foreign player will never materialise. No doubt there will be the usual statement. ie couldnt agree on terms. Other club offered more. Agent being too greedy etc.

Two weeks into the window.

Nothing!!!!!

What happened to the statement Hecky want new players in early so they can have a full pre season programme?

You just know whats going to happen. Final hours will see unispiring loan players coming in.
This seven figure foreign player will never materialise. No doubt there will be the usual statement. ie couldnt agree on terms. Other club offered more. Agent being too greedy etc.
Saying in football I hate most;" I like to get my business done early so we can have a full pre-season".
Never happens to the Blades , we are always last to the buffet table and end up with the last dumpling in the pot.
Been going on since the fax machine joke, what year was that? . You are spot on , another disappointment in the transfer window of Sheffield United.

The financial crisis was caused by people borrowing and the irresponsible banks lending to everyone and his dog

Responsible people who saved for their future in any type of investment or savings products bore the brunt of it as governments in the Western world put rescue packages together for greedy borrowers that overstretched themselves and the banks that overstretched their lending capabilities
Clueless

I posted last night we can't even get a stray cat though the door let alone a player 😪

Can give you an u23 player on loan if you want

Got a few that need experience in the lower leagues before they play top flight football

Last edited:

Can give you an u23 player on loan if you want

Got a few that need experience in the lower leagues before they play top flight football

20 years should have been long enough.

Back
Top Bottom