Transfer targets

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can give you an u23 player on loan if you want

Got a few that need experience in the lower leagues before they play top flight football
Yes please because I reckon your u23’s must be way better than ours.

Enlighten us

Got a few that need experience in the lower leagues before they play top flight football

Hark at this clown. First sniff of top flight in 23 years, and he's giving it the big 'un on here.

Maybe see how you get on for a few months lad, before slapping your plums out on the table.

Before?
If they don't play up there next season they probably won't with you ever again 😆

So how does everyone feel if these are the signings? Ones most recently linked for open spots:

G - Davies (re-signs)
CD - Ahmedhodžić (3m), Branthwaite (loan)
CM - Coulibaly (returns), Kirby (free)
AM/F - Lawrence (free)

So how does everyone feel if these are the signings? Ones most recently linked for open spots:

G - Davies (re-signs)
AM/F - Lawrence (free)
Happy with the GK/DF ones.

Think the MF ones are too much of a punt, on their own.

Not a fan of Lawrence. He has the ability but not the application. He normally plays one good game and two bad ones. Hence at Derby. He gave more of a shit last season but I assume he'll return to form

G - Davies (re-signs)
AM/F - Lawrence (free)
We’d probably need to look at a striker on loan to supplement that and maybe a midfielder capable to covering/competing with Norwood and I don’t think either Kirby or Coulibaly does that. But if Anel and Coulibaly worked out alongside the younger players we already have we’d start to have a real idea of what the next core will look like so that’s positive. Kirby is a complete shot in the dark imo but one worth taking.

We want 6 or 7 players but have only enquired about 2? Marvellous. That's the spirit. one at a time until we need 5 on the last day.

I know what stops idle speculation about transfers... actually doing a deal and getting someone through the door

I’m not overly concerned about transfers just yet; though the actions and what’s being said doesn’t fill me with confidence.

My greatest concern is that we’ve not managed to tie Adam Davies down yet. That may well be because he wants to go out and be number 1 elsewhere, which is fine. But, I worry we are maybe wasting time on deals that have a low % chance of actually coming off, which is hindering others… I may be totally wrong.

Think there is a fair chance that we are not declaring our hand to any enquiring journalist.

Mitchell, Shieber and Bettis probably spend most of their days laughing at all the tools on here going mental because we haven't signed anyone including Rothwell who has joined a Prem club and Vaulkes who has dropped to L1.

Mitchell, Shieber and Bettis probably spend most of their days laughing at all the tools on here going mental because we haven't signed anyone including Rothwell who has joined a Prem club and Vaulkes who has dropped to L1.

I don't think the team that hasn't done a single transfer that wasn't a loan in 3 full windows are going to be laughing at anybody pointing out they haven't signed anyone.

I don't think the team that hasn't done a single transfer that wasn't a loan in 3 full windows are going to be laughing at anybody pointing out they haven't signed anyone.

It must have been a different recruitment team that signed Guedioura (even though he was as pointless as Rodwell) last year and Adam Davies in Jan then.

I'm not sure why you're differentiating between permanent transfers and loans - both take substantial effort and I'm sure that, on occasion, loans are sometimes just as complicated and time consuming.

Back
Top Bottom