McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I am seriously fed up of all this now, its like been back in infant school, miss he hit me , no miss he hit me ffs

Its on the front of the Sun now "FA begin an investigation" fuck off !

Players on the pitch , Fans in the stand . investigate that FA

I'm not sure what I'm seeing here, but he's a bloke in a moon boot in a melee, is this conclusive? I'm not defending him if he has done that but it looks like a pretty unclear situation he could be trying to get his feet out of the way in a ruck after the bloke fell over

He never booted or stamped on him,he was showing Gibbs white how to a proper Cruyff turn ! No var on this one

Not seen the incident so maybe I’m talking bollox but fans really shouldn’t be on the pitch, it’s a bit like putting yourself in harms way then crying after a heavily outnumbered and stressed player reacts.

Also I saw something similar post Hudds/Luton game. Some pisstaking young'un tried to run up to a Luton player to get a pisstake selfie with him celebrating in his face and the Luton player didn't like it, shoved him off. My guess is something similar has happened here but McBurnie being McBurnie he's started a scrap from it.
Alright Septic Peg

I'm torn on this one, between his conduct being understandable but not excusable in the face of provocation...

...and FUCK IT, KICK THE SCRUFFY BASTARDS OLI, WE'RE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.

I don't know about you, but I'd have been straight down the tunnel when the Forest fans came on the pitch. Why on earth would you hang about and wait to get some shit, because any ground int eh country and you'd get shit. Including ours.
I’d like to think this would be my instinctive response (and I’d certainly tell my son that), but I just don’t think it would be. Consider the highs and lows of preceding 2 hrs and the us v everyone team spirit, I’d be in there flying if a team mate had been hit (for instance)

OK, 180 posts on. Nothing conclusive at all in the video filmed and possibly clipped for effect by a moron with a phone and an Internet connection. Leave your OMB agendas out of it and see it for what it is. Deflection and avoidance by those seeking to resist facing up to the disgraceful assault on our captain.

Even when if he’s defending his team mate, the guy was laying on the floor and McBurnie was stamping on him.

That’s when the use of force becomes excessive.

Get him sacked and use wage to sign some less shit players.
You are another one for the ignore button. Muppet.

I cbs to read all seven pages but we've only seen the edited footage to make him look bad but more tyhan that - he's got one foot in plaster - he is hopping on one foot, he never stamped him.

If you look carefully at the video McBurnie has one leg to the scums left and the other leg to his right no way was he touching the scum, all he was trying to do was to stop more scum attacking Brewster and Robinson

If you look carefully at the video McBurnie has one leg to the scums left and the other leg to his right no way was he touching the scum, all he was trying to do was to stop more scum attacking Brewster and Robinson

Yeah watch it again more closely and in slow motion someone behind McBurnie pushes him towards the fan on the floor and McBurnie doesnt stomp on him but makes sure he doesnt by putting each foot either side. At first look it does appear he stomps on him but watch the guy behind push McBurnie. I would love to see the full video but it looks like a Forest fan has edited this to make it look worse.

The guy circled in red his hands push him.

Screenshot 2022-05-18 214722.jpg

His legs are either side
Screenshot 2022-05-18 214901.jpg

At no point in that video do you see him “stomp” on the idiot. The first time you see his foot it’s on the floor underneath the tosspot. Then you clearly see him step over the knobhead with his moon boot. Inconclusive at best.

Yeah watch it again more closely and in slow motion someone behind McBurnie pushes him towards the fan on the floor and McBurnie doesnt stomp on him but makes sure he doesnt by putting each foot either side. At first look it does appear he stomps on him but watch the guy behind push McBurnie. I would love to see the full video but it looks like a Forest fan has edited this to make it look worse.

The guy circled in red his hands push him.

View attachment 136221

His legs are either side
View attachment 136222
Fella on the floor looks like he's loving it.

Can't say I've ever seen someone laughing that much while "being stamped on"

Yeah I noticed that too and just right at the end he is not making any attempt to get up till a few seconds at the end where he seems to almost casually get up. Almost reminded me of a puppy wanting his belly tickled.

🤣

Sheffield Utd have already made an official comment its being investigated included why "it was shortened" to make it look like it does.

Absolute tosh, i have it on good authority that the lad on the floor is actually a member of this forum and was chuckling to himself the amount of shit he's can give mcburnie on the forum when he gets home.

Odds are, McBurnie was scrapping but the video doesn't show a conclusive stamp.

We do know that McBurnie and other players of ours were surrounded by a mob of very excited Forest fans, many acting in a threatening manner. One attacked Billy either before, or after this video.

The above is quite significant mitigation for the actions of McBurnie if he did panic and act aggressively in self-defence, or in the defence of others.

Basically, on the balance of probability (and what we know of McBurnie's character) he's gone for the lad.
But, given this would be referred criminally, I don't think it reaches the 'beyond reasonable doubt' threshold for a conviction, particularly given the mitigating factors.
This is nothing like the total scumbag who, totally unprovoked, headbutted an unsuspecting Billy Sharp. That cowardly bastard needs a few months inside and a lifetime ban from football to reflect on his actions.

In a statement issued to Sky Sports News, Inspector Andy Wright of Nottinghamshire Police said: "We have been made aware of a video circulating on social media showing a possible altercation where a Forest fan can be seen on the ground following the play-off semi-final. We have now started an investigation into this incident.

"The person in question has not yet reported the incident but would urge them to come forward along with any other persons who many have witnessed the incident or have video footage so we can establish the full circumstances.

"We would particularly appeal to the owner of the original footage to make contact."

A member of Sheffield United's staff, assistant kit man Adam Geelan, gave his version of events on Twitter, saying: "Fan illegally enters the pitch provokes and tries to push Rian (Brewster) he [sic] defends himself and the kid falls on Oli's broken foot can clearly see there's no stamp, ridiculous post especially when stewards and police were stood there watching it happen and was left to ourselves [sic] to defend."

In a statement issued to Sky Sports News, Inspector Andy Wright of Nottinghamshire Police said: "We have been made aware of a video circulating on social media showing a possible altercation where a Forest fan can be seen on the ground following the play-off semi-final. We have now started an investigation into this incident.

"The person in question has not yet reported the incident but would urge them to come forward along with any other persons who many have witnessed the incident or have video footage so we can establish the full circumstances.

"We would particularly appeal to the owner of the original footage to make contact."

A member of Sheffield United's staff, assistant kit man Adam Geelan, gave his version of events on Twitter, saying: "Fan illegally enters the pitch provokes and tries to push Rian (Brewster) he [sic] defends himself and the kid falls on Oli's broken foot can clearly see there's no stamp, ridiculous post especially when stewards and police were stood there watching it happen and was left to ourselves [sic] to defend."
The owner of the original footage won't be coming forward.

If this is the only available video purporting to show 'OLI MCBURNIE STOMPING ON A NOTTINGHAM FOREST FAN WHILST HES ON THE FLOOR!', I shouldn't think he has too much to worry about.

• Slow it down and he seems to be jostled from the side by a fat bloke in black and white hoops. We can't see if he's been pushed from behind in the video
  • Getting jostled whilst wearing a leg brace will affect anybody's balance, let alone somebody who needs to protect said leg for his career
  • Let's say he wasn't jostled. If this is in the immediate aftermath of Sharp getting headbutted, what's to say he's not rushing forward to prevent Brewster receiving similar, starts wobbling around cos he's tried to move too fast in a leg brace and loses balance?

None of this would even be up for debate if ALL fans from EVERY club just stayed off the fucking pitch! It's not just Forest, it's rife throughout the leagues, and the disgraceful assault on Billy needs to mark the end of it.

And yes - irony alert for my profile pic 😉
...and again at Northampton tonight !

I'm automatically suspicious of any mobile phone footage that's only 8 seconds long that shows the middle of something and not the beginning and end. Who films something for just 8 seconds? If someone filmed McBurnie fighting someone and started filming halfway through then they would keep filming for a while after. Clearly this is doctored to show the "juicy bit" to make McBurnie look bad where he may or may not have allegedly assaulted someone. On first viewing my immediate reaction was to Brewster before I saw McBurnie and I played it back straight away to see what Rhian was reacting to. Funny how that part of the footage wasn't captured. 🤔

I'm pretty certain that if the Police get involved they'll ask that same question on seeing the footage.

Back
Top Bottom