McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He wasn't acting in self defence if that was the case.

Probably feared he'd be targeted next, they've been attacked, what do you expect them to do, it's self defence if there is a clear threat.. Would you rather he put brewtsters eye out with his ring?

That was possible!

If you wanna talk legal jargon mate, im not your man, I've always fought back, and I've gone in first when i knew how it was gonna pan out..

Just stop fans coming onto the pitch , I've got a good idea , why don't we put fences up stopping fans from coming on .............oh wait !!

It will always be a problem as fans cant not behave . history is littered with incidents , walls collapsing , players getting attacked, deaths, injury's.

Big matches like that where there will be a pitch invasion both teams need 10 stewards to each dugout to keep the bench safe, and a proper copper or two wouldn't go a miss may be with a dog there ....simples !

2022 and they still cant organize a piss up in a brewery.

Watched it a few times and to be fair, I personally don't see a "Stamp" just a couple of highly paid, footballers attempting to protect themselves and their injuries from being jostled, barged and generally pushed around that from their view could cause more damage and more time injured.
Would anyone react differently in a very hostile and as seen earlier violent opposition fans?

I don't know the facts but he doesn't pull his socks up so I blame him.

violence is never the answer agreed. we should all be tech savvy to know now that these videos are very 1 sided. because nobody going to leave anything in that incriminate themselves.

but there is that fight or flight scenario. & emotions were running very high & in any footballers defence that guy shouldn't have been on the pitch in the 1st place.

Can't see this coming to anything, there should be more action taken for their fans on the pitch than anything else, because there's so many of them and it's generally celebrating nothing will be done, we've done it too of course, but more needed to be done in my view to stop this type of behaviour. It wasn't long ago we had fences around stadiums because of stupid behaviour of a small minority of fans, whilst that will never return this type of behaviour doesn't help fans on the whole when it comes to the likes of segregation, cost of policing games. They should stamp this out by saying anyone who goes on the pitch will be arrested and banned for a season - that would soon stop it and it needs to be implemented across all games. If it's already in place, I don't know, they need to announce it and that would deter most if not all.

Doesn’t look like a stamp to me. He and 3 or 4 others are surrounded by what 30 Forest fans who have illegally encroached the pitch and he’s just seen his captain knocked out and bloodied with a snide headbutt. I’m no McBurnie fan but he (rightly) won’t be hung out to dry on this.

If only he could kick a ball as well as he kicked that fans head

I think he's doing everything he can to stay on his feet, put yourself in his position for a moment. Billy has just been banged down, volatile crowd on the pitch and rather than go to their own players have been in the face of the opposition players. He's a big lad and that can make him a target for the coked up idiots, if he hits the deck who knows how it will finish, probably jump all over him and his damaged foot.

Just scrolled through it, Brewster appears to be dragging a forest fan away from someone else and is in turn pulled away. All the united players look scared as they are confronted by a mob and I think billy is in the background and can assume it is after he was assaulted as there are more fans in the vicinity than there were at that time. Mcburnie moves forward but does at no time make an attempt to hit or stamp on anyone, he is if anything trying to avoid the forest fan on the floor, which is obviously difficult to do with a boot on.
be I a Blade or bloke assessing the evidence I cannot see how any Sheffield united player has a case to answer.

Sorry but I love the guy, I know he’s not scored loads and a lot aren’t keen on him but he backs his team mates, I wouldn’t want it any other way tbh. I’m convinced his time will come. Media are milking it he was backing Brewster up. Their fans were goading our players they got what they deserved, sad thing is Sharp (the former Forest player) got nutted who wasn’t doing owt. Karma’s a bitch, as Kevin Keegan said ‘I would love it’ ‘I would love it’ if Huddersfield beat them. Fair play to some of their fans though for setting up the go fund page for Sharps chosen charity 👏🏻.

Last edited:
Even when if he’s defending his team mate, the guy was laying on the floor and McBurnie was stamping on him.

That’s when the use of force becomes excessive.

Get him sacked and use wage to sign some less shit players.

Even when if he’s defending his team mate, the guy was laying on the floor and McBurnie was stamping on him.

That’s when the use of force becomes excessive.

Get him sacked and use wage to sign some less shit players.
Not how I saw it, you cannot see any of what you describe on the video clip. You are just using this episode as an excuse to have a go at mcburnie

Noticed half a video ?
Half a video, showing nothing really except a load of people that shouldn't be on the pitch and certainly shouldn't be making any physical contact with the professional sportsmen.

Not how I saw it, you cannot see any of what you describe on the video clip. You are just using this episode as an excuse to have a go at mcburnie
Give over, he clearly sticks the boot in.

We should get rid and use his wage to bring MGW back.

Back
Top Bottom