McBurnie - Accused of stomping on a Forest fan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Amazing how we have two different reactions to the Jack Robinson and McBurnie threads
One is a clear and violent assault on someone minding their own business. I haven't got a clue what's happened here but if McBurnie is involved it's probably trouble. Looks like someone has ran into Brewster or is trying to do something to/with him and McBurnie has kicked off on him.

Also I saw something similar post Hudds/Luton game. Some pisstaking young'un tried to run up to a Luton player to get a pisstake selfie with him celebrating in his face and the Luton player didn't like it, shoved him off. My guess is something similar has happened here but McBurnie being McBurnie he's started a scrap from it.

IF it is a stamp, then there is no justification for it despite the provocation. He's a professional footballer, it's not his place to be getting involved in such things even if defending team mates there's no justification for stamping - but I do agree the clip is inconclusive.

Top man, just what you need when it's on top. What would you saintly fuckers have done if your mate was getting slapped, run off and found a policeman? Fuck me some of you live such a sanitized life I don't know how you'd cope if anything serious happened.

UTBFTP

I'm not sure that it logically follows that the world would be a better place if we all stamped on each other more.

Last edited:
What made him react the way he did ?

Was the reaction justified ?

2 sides to every story and just because he is a high profile footballer doesn’t mean he should be subjected to abuse of any sort. If that’s what happened of course.

I don’t condone violence but, in extreme circumstances it is justifiable under the heading of threatening behaviour towards you / self defence.

UTB

First of all, when fans invade the pitch in huge numbers like last night then players are naturally targeted. The United players must naturally be worried for there own safety and with good reason with todays coked up mob in the stands. Why though, when you are celebrating getting to Wembley would you make a beeline for United players? It isn’t to shake their hand and offer your condolences is it? It’s to cause trouble/abuse and in some cases attack. Are our players expected to just accept it? Of course not.

Last edited:
If this is the only available video purporting to show 'OLI MCBURNIE STOMPING ON A NOTTINGHAM FOREST FAN WHILST HES ON THE FLOOR!', I shouldn't think he has too much to worry about.

• Slow it down and he seems to be jostled from the side by a fat bloke in black and white hoops. We can't see if he's been pushed from behind in the video
  • Getting jostled whilst wearing a leg brace will affect anybody's balance, let alone somebody who needs to protect said leg for his career
  • Let's say he wasn't jostled. If this is in the immediate aftermath of Sharp getting headbutted, what's to say he's not rushing forward to prevent Brewster receiving similar, starts wobbling around cos he's tried to move too fast in a leg brace and loses balance?

None of this would even be up for debate if ALL fans from EVERY club just stayed off the fucking pitch! It's not just Forest, it's rife throughout the leagues, and the disgraceful assault on Billy needs to mark the end of it.

And yes - irony alert for my profile pic 😉

I'm not sure that it logically follows that the world would be a better place if we all stamped on each more.

No, and it's not a better place for allowing scumbags to run onto football pitches assaulting players. What should we do, wait until some poor fucker gets stabbed, then call another policeman 🙄

I would love to know the people slagging mcburnie off thoughts on Jack Robinson also doing something very similar

Forest fans all over this on Twitter tagging in the EFL and Notts Police.

Yes, and managed not to hit anyone. I'm not saying you don't have to protect yourself, but so many people react straight away with violence.
What remarkable luck you've had sir Iv also found that being the bigger man and not resorting to violence works! They soon get bored of kicking you when your unconscious

Knew this would get a very different reaction to others...

Would imagine it'll also have plenty of legs ignoring that there were many steps to reaching this point with others firmly in the wrong... (and the complete lack of context/evidence). As the presenters blaming Heckingbottom for causing it all this morning were all too keen to try and point out.

Wonder if Forest have source high def CCTV of the entire evening to ensure things are dealt with as they should be?

Back
Top Bottom