Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Swapping berge for MGW wouldn’t be the worst idea tbh

But it will never happen in a million years....

Would love to know what happened with that Conor Coady situation....did we really make a £2m bid for the England International Club Captain...............?

Sander Berge for Morgan Gibbs-White?​

As one United fan put it on Twitter, ‘it’s all a bit fantasy football’. But, it’s certainly something worth considering when you think of the impact Berge has had, and the instant impression Gibbs-White has made.

It’s worth noting, there’s no suggestion of Wolves wanting Sander Berge. Indeed, his injuries have meant he’s had little chance to prove himself this season, and certainly, his value will have dipped from that £22m United paid for him.

SheffieldUnited News
MGW might not even want to come here, in fact i doubt he does permanently. I am sure he has his eyes set on bigger things than us i.e. a PL team, heck, he has been that good he could even slot in at somewhere like Newcastle or West Ham and it wouldn't surprise me if that happened either

Could we do a straight swap with wolves and they chip in a bit for McBurnie ?

They were interested in him this summer apparently

MGW might not even want to come here, in fact i doubt he does permanently. I am sure he has his eyes set on bigger things than us i.e. a PL team, heck, he has been that good he could even slot in at somewhere like Newcastle or West Ham and it wouldn't surprise me if that happened either
Newcastle is a good shout,he is the kind of player they should be looking to recruit now,they offer 20M,Wolves know money is no object so 25 and he's yours,what does MGW do faced with the choice of us or the coming Newcastle revolution.Failing that,embellishing Steven Gerrards Aston Villa team would be a good and attractive move for him.

Could we do a straight swap with wolves and they chip in a bit for McBurnie ?

They were interested in him this summer apparently
i will chip in if we can ship him off to wolves not a chance of any premier league club coming in for him

Blades bias aside, I really do think he’d be best off staying with us all season, he’s the main man in a side that wants to challenge for playoffs, his confidence is sky high, if he continues the way he’s started his value will be far more than if he went back in Jan.

Just to clarify, MGW cannot play for any other club this season besides Wolves and us, having appeared for both.

Technically he can sign for a third club, but he can't play for them until next season. In theory Wolves could recall him, sell him on, and then he's loaned back to us (or Wolves) to play out the season.

Why would we stop playing MGW? Literally, he's our most talented player, makes no sense whatsoever not to play him.
That's right, I would imagine Wolves are delighted he's playing regularly in the Champ, bet they don't care what position, just picking up playing time, and us trying to stop the daft bookings is a bonus for them

There’s a bit of an assumption in some of these posts that MGW sees his future here. He does have a say too. If we go up then it increases the chances of that but he is a PL quality player and he will be there next season surely either with Wolves or another team. In my opinion the only way we have a chance of him staying beyond the season end is promotion no matter how much he is enjoying his time with us

MGW will be a Prem player - of that there is no doubt. While it appears he's thoroughly enjoying his loan at Utd, it's a huge assumption to say he'd want to stay. I think he should be thought of as similar to Henderson - the loan benefits both parties but there is no possibility of the deal becoming permanent. The only thing that might change that would be if Utd got promoted but even then I suspect he'd be out of reach financially

Unless Wolves' injury issues continue and he'd be in serious contention for getting games for them this season, I can't see why they'd recall him in Jan. although there are a few rumblings that they may well do. Either way, he has highlighted what many of us already knew and were desperate for CW to address - that a player that links the midfield and the strikers, creates chances and weighs-in with goals is crucial to how the side is set-up. He will be (and perhaps already is) light years ahead of Duffy, but it again shows what was missed during the two seasons in the Prem and having to watch that awful flat three in midfield with not even such a player on the bench as a Plan B (unless Freeman was classed as it but from the very few chances he was given, he appeared to be viewed as more of a cover player for Fleck than a #10).

Newcastle is a good shout,he is the kind of player they should be looking to recruit now,they offer 20M,Wolves know money is no object so 25 and he's yours,what does MGW do faced with the choice of us or the coming Newcastle revolution.Failing that,embellishing Steven Gerrards Aston Villa team would be a good and attractive move for him.
They could only buy in the summer though - or buy now and loan to either us or Wolves. He wouldn't be allowed to play for Newcastle.

Edit: Just seen PaniniBlade posted the same thing!

They could only buy in the summer though - or buy now and loan to either us or Wolves. He wouldn't be allowed to play for Newcastle.

Edit: Just seen PaniniBlade posted the same thing!
Yes,it's the long term I am talking about,not this season.

You're dreaming if you think there's any chance we could get MGW permanently. Even if we went up this season.

No chance

I know this is a real pipe dream getting MGW on a permanent deal but they did have some interest in mcburnie in the summer. Berge, mcburnie plus 5 mill for wolves best prospect? we can dream.

As I see it there’s four major obstacles in MGW joining permanently firstly Wolves would have to be willing to part ways which there’s no indication they do. Second united would have to afford the fee not a chance maybe if they did want berge. Third MGW would actually have to want to step down a level highly unlikely. Fourth we’d actually have to commit to paying his wages long term and given the latest press conference isn’t happening. In summary not in a month of Sunday’s is he coming here on a permanent. Just hope we get him for the whole season and he continues to help us climb the table if we got to the prem a lot of the above obstacles would be removed.

If by some miracle we do go up we've still zero chance of signing him. This squad cannot survive a season in the Prem even with him. He'd be crazy to sign for us.

I know this is a real pipe dream getting MGW on a permanent deal but they did have some interest in mcburnie in the summer. Berge, mcburnie plus 5 mill for wolves best prospect? we can dream.

are you saying we give Wolves

McBurnie
Berge
and £5m

?

As I see it there’s four major obstacles in MGW joining permanently firstly Wolves would have to be willing to part ways which there’s no indication they do. Second united would have to afford the fee not a chance maybe if they did want berge. Third MGW would actually have to want to step down a level highly unlikely. Fourth we’d actually have to commit to paying his wages long term and given the latest press conference isn’t happening. In summary not in a month of Sunday’s is he coming here on a permanent. Just hope we get him for the whole season and he continues to help us climb the table if we got to the prem a lot of the above obstacles would be removed.
we still would have zero chance of getting him, even if we went up. The only way i could ever see us getting him is if we suddenly got Newcastle-style investment and dropped a cool £35m on buying him, even then, i would imagine there is the lure of some serious hitters in the market for him. Wouldn't surprise me if Everton/Tottenham/West Ham are all in the market. But i think the reason there isn't any news of this yet is because A: they'd be unable to play him this season due to the loan rule and B: Wolves are very reluctant to let him go. As you say, the best we can hope for is for him staying until summer, and that looks unlikely atm

If we go up we have half a chance of signing him.

If we don't then there is no chance regardless of how many players we offer to Wolves.

There's no way we sign MGW permanently, even with promotion.

Apart from the fact we don't have a pot to piss in, the lads a local boy that's been at Wolverhampton since he was 8 years old. He looks a fantastic talent and is already proving himself to be one of the second tiers best players. He looks a PL player already.

Let's just enjoy him whilst we have him & pray that that's until the end of the season.

We are ultimately a shop window for MGW to let lower PL teams know what he is all about.

There's some games where he's been pretty average and then there's games like Cardiff.

If he thinks he can attract a PL team eg: Newcastle, although they will probably still get relegated, then he has to produce the Cardiff type performances on a regular basis. He's got all the tools in his bag and now that he's back in the England set up, he should get more games there too.

I reckon we'll have a great 2nd half to the season, which is obviously to both our benefit.

Bit like Hendo - a very good loan signing, so thanks Slav.

UTB

Reports claim that Liverpool are watching Hwang’s progress. And while it’s well-documented that Wolves have an option to buy the forward in the summer for £16m, it’s also believed Leipzig could cash in during January if a bigger offer comes along
Alongside that, Football Insider claims Wolves will only be able to sign Hwang in January by selling.
United keep Gibbs-White, and everyone ends the window happy. But until that window slams shut with MGW still in red and white, then the Blades will face an anxious wait.

Hwang off injured for Wolves, if it’s one with a long recovery time that might be it for MGW here.

He might get recalled and if he does you'd think we will struggle to be as effective. But he also might not too, their manager has said a few times he thinks he's best suited here. But of course injuries at Wolves could mean an abrupt end here. This is why the loan market can be dangerous too.

Interesting to see what Wolves do want to do with him though, he's been in and around the first team now for a few years making the most appearances in their first season after promotion.
Given he is 21 will turn 22 next month he's getting to the age where he has to be playing every week now. Indeed I think MGW wanted to move on loan to get consistent game time.
Should Wolves decide come the summer he's really still backup/squad player I can see him leaving Wolves.
I don't see him signing for us of course even if we do end up somehow getting promoted.
But in terms of fee, probably in the region of £20-25m, which if promoted "should" be in our scope but I feel the Prince has other idea's here.
The issue I think would be other clubs might well want him. I could see him a potential target for the likes of Fulham, Leeds, Watford, Palace, Brighton etc. and they will spend more on fee and wages.

Traore isnt even starting now,maybe Wolves will be looking to cash him in and start giving MGW his big chance.

Back
Top Bottom