Incoming? Morgan Gibbs-White

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know this is a real pipe dream getting MGW on a permanent deal but they did have some interest in mcburnie in the summer. Berge, mcburnie plus 5 mill for wolves best prospect? we can dream.

He’d want at least £50K a week…probably more…and he’d want a long contract….with strings attached.
Would be absolute madness for a Championship club to commit to the debt…
Unless we quickly got promoted surely it would contravene FFP rules and we’d be in a right mess.
It‘s too much of a gamble for me and if he loses form and does a Brewster we’re financially ruined.

Maybe if we manage to get amongst the promotion chasing pack that might influence MGW's decision regarding where his future might lay?

He seems to be enjoying his stay at the Lane, and he's clearly a popular player amongst the squad. Apart from the player himself and his preference of where he commits his future, we wait to learn of whether his home club are willing to consider selling him. The thought has crossed my mind that as well as he's played for the Blades at this level, could it be that Wolves might be aware that MGW may not be equipped to play against Premier Division sides. As I say, it's a thought and no more, and I hope I'm wrong. What I do know is that his level of play has been little short of exceptional and he's been the difference on many occasions this season, so I cannot fault the guy, he's been the difference more often or not.

I concur. Few brass farthings found at the back of the settee in the board room should do the trick.

Perhaps we can also ask Statler and Warldorf (Hassell and Wragg) where they hid their money before they both pegged it like the Marleys in Muppets Xmas Carol.

They are losing Romain Sais to the ACON and have Boly out injured. Makes sense.
Fair enough if I was them I’d look to recruit someone instead as he’s only made 14 appearances for Birmingham but like you say it is logical cover.

Not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to this rumour thread, but I work with a Wolves season ticket holder and his view was 'we can keep MGW, he's not a PL player'. They tend to think he gives the ball away too much.

Let's hope we keep him then!

Back
Top Bottom