Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I hate the away chant: "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, TOWN NAME'S a shithole, I wanna go home"

Really terrible. Unbelievably generic too, especially as a section of most other fans sing it as well.

If you want to insult the town, think of something clever to chant.

Slightly contradictory; I'll always enjoy a "my garden shed is bigger than this" chant...

I hate the away chant: "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, TOWN NAME'S a shithole, I wanna go home"

Really terrible. Unbelievably generic too, especially as a section of most other fans sing it as well.

Slightly contradictory; I'll always enjoy a "my garden shed is bigger than this" chant...
Half of our chants are generic rubbish. If we never sang anything other than GCB, Barrel of Money and a handful of others I'd be very happy.

Half of our chants are generic rubbish. If we never sang anything other than GCB, Barrel of Money and a handful of others I'd be very happy.

Completely agree.

I think I’ve said this before - probably in this thread in fact - but every single modern football chant is wank, and I include us in that. Far too much focus on the opposition (or their town, history, economic status etc) and/or using generic crap songs. Even worse, singing about rivals that aren’t there (or even playing that day)

Gerron wi singing about yourselves, or reacting to what’s happening

The 'you're shit aaaaah' thing at goalkicks is tinpot as fuck, and used to be something I inwardly cringed at when tinpot opposition clubs did it. I cringe even harder now we do it.
*An exemption for current/past SWFC goalkeepers may be allowed on a case-by-case basis :)

The 'you're shit aaaaah' thing at goalkicks is tinpot as fuck, and used to be something I inwardly cringed at when tinpot opposition clubs did it. I cringe even harder now we do it.
*An exemption for current/past SWFC goalkeepers may be allowed on a case-by-case basis :)

Might as well be shouting "you stink of poo". Proper makes my toes curl.

Very early days I know, but I don't think Jebbo is going to make it to the top level and he isn't anywhere near ready for us yet.

I agree with what you say, but after a similar amount of exposure to the first team I also thought Dominic Calvert-Lewin was a workmanlike striker who'd plateau in L1!

Our Advertising boards for night games. No good if you've got epilepsy. Light levels go from ultra bright to semi darkness in a second then back again.

Coventry's a shit hole, Stoke's a shit hole so instead of going and telling em that I just stayed at home, and what good decisions they turned out to be ;)

It’s something the village idiots used to do at Chesterfield circa 1995 when I used to have to ball boy. It’s cringey as fuck unless it’s meant to be ironic but I think most of those who partake in the chant think ironic is what you do to creased clothes.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but all our former managers (while not without their faults) have been decent blokes who worked as hard as they could to improve the team's league position, and didn't deserve the abuse from the fans when things didn't go well

The amount of our fans I see posting on Twitter on the morning of a matchday, on a coach or train with booze. The booze isn't the issue, it's the fact it feels like they need to post to show people they're going to the game in some sort of a "bigger blade" mentality.

That goes with the people who post on Twitter listing what upcoming games they're going to in the way of laying out the tickets.

Wankers.

Mgw his first touch is atrocious
I’d say he’s very much a confidence player. When his flicks come off early on in a game (like the other night) he tends to have a good game and is unplayable at times. When they don’t, it knocks his confidence and he tends to be poor.

The amount of our fans I see posting on Twitter on the morning of a matchday, on a coach or train with booze. The booze isn't the issue, it's the fact it feels like they need to post to show people they're going to the game in some sort of a "bigger blade" mentality.

That goes with the people who post on Twitter listing what upcoming games they're going to in the way of laying out the tickets.

Wankers.
15 pints, bag of coke, jump up and down in the concourse, abuse home fans from the safety of the away end. Pretend their hooligans with stone island on, coach home, back to their mum & dads house.

I'm sure this is real but I may have dreamt it but can anyone remember the one game back around 2005ish maybe when instead of 'You're shit ah' the Kop did "oooooooo nobhead, nobhead" instead. I think it only happened for like a game or two.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but all our former managers (while not without their faults) have been decent blokes who worked as hard as they could to improve the team's league position, and didn't deserve the abuse from the fans when things didn't go well

I agree for the most part, but I’m too judgemental to conclude that drunks, egotists and bullies are decent blokes. Naming no names. :)

Chesterfield sing that god awful chant where they go:

(one man) WHO ARE THE PEOPLE??
(Everyone) WE ARE THE PEOPLE
(one man) WHO ARE THE SHIT?
(everyone) THEY ARE THE SHIT
CHESTERFIELD CHESTERFIELD repeat

That makes my bollocks shrivel and die. You’re supposed to be a bunch of intimidating blokes at the football and it sounds like a pre school nursery singalong.

Chesterfield sing that god awful chant where they go:

(one man) WHO ARE THE PEOPLE??
(Everyone) WE ARE THE PEOPLE
(one man) WHO ARE THE SHIT?
(everyone) THEY ARE THE SHIT
CHESTERFIELD CHESTERFIELD repeat

That makes my bollocks shrivel and die. You’re supposed to be a bunch of intimidating blokes at the football and it sounds like a pre school nursery singalong.
I think you'll find you've missed out the:

Zig a zig a zag a, Zig a zig a zag a CHESTERFIELD

Line out 😂

Back
Top Bottom