Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Nigel Spackman didn’t have us playing ‘the best football in the league’ prior to the eventual fire sale of Deane and Fjortoft. We weren’t even occupying an automatic promotion spot going into Jan.

Oh, and Borbokis and Wayne Quinn flattered to deceive after making a glorious start with us.

Chesterfield sing that god awful chant where they go:

(one man) WHO ARE THE PEOPLE??
(Everyone) WE ARE THE PEOPLE
(one man) WHO ARE THE SHIT?
(everyone) THEY ARE THE SHIT
CHESTERFIELD CHESTERFIELD repeat

That makes my bollocks shrivel and die. You’re supposed to be a bunch of intimidating blokes at the football and it sounds like a pre school nursery singalong.
How's it compare to the "over there and over there and over there" sung at Hillsborough? That takes some fucking beating for shitness.

The 9th place finish in 2019-20 is the highest I will ever see this football club finish in my lifetime.

This isn't even an unpopular opinion, it's just realistic.

What happened under Wilder was truly magical.

The proudest I've ever been to be a Blade.

You're not 98 years old by any chance are you?! 😉

If we employed a similar season ticket pricing strategy as they do over at the sty, you’d probably be able to knock 5/6k off of our average gate over the season.

Reactions: Dkc
If we employed a similar season ticket pricing strategy as they do over at the sty, you’d probably be able to knock 5/6k off of our average gate over the season.
That’s because it’s a stupid pricing system and people aren’t idiots (pigs are)

Oli McBurnie can still be a big player for us.
I agree with that. He hasn't been scoring but he looked decent at times last season. If he grabs a couple you never know.

McBurnie has taken over the scapegoat role now Lunny has gone and Robinson has found form. There's always one.

I agree with that. He hasn't been scoring but he looked decent at times last season. If he grabs a couple you never know.

McBurnie has taken over the scapegoat role now Lunny has gone and Robinson has found form. There's always one.
IMG_20220708_075501.jpg

The white kit isn't bad and I wouldn't mind it being our away this season.

Not as good as last seasons away, but better than the pink one, and white monstrosity the season before.

Berge is a little bit ‘emperor’s new clothes’. We all want him to be brilliant to the point that we convince ourselves he is. If he was a free transfer from league one doing exactly the same things he has done then we would not be rating him anywhere nearly as highly.
If we got him on a free from league one we'd be over the moon

Although it was a fantastic result, we're making too much of the 'Bouncing Day Massacre'.

We won by two goals. It wasn't a massacre.

I think massacre reference is more in relation to stopping all the Wednesday fans in the ground from bouncing. That is how I see it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom