Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom will be gone in less than 18 months, the parallels to the 07-08 season where Blackwell took over and had a great spell are frightening.

That's not an opinion, that's just a load of bollocks.

If he's kept all the money, where did Berge, Ramsdale, McBurnie, Brewster, Robinson, Freeman, Mousset etc come from? And who paid the wages? And bought the ground? And paid the loan fees and loanees wages?
The money to buy the ground came from Sheffield United income. The only money he has personally put in was £7m he was obliged to put in about the time we sold Brookes and he raised that in loans from the Bin Laden family. Was no-one on here following the High Court case?

Ndiaye’s goal, whilst well-finished and obviously important, was nowhere near as good as everyone’s making it out to be.
Agreed. Looked like the GK had it covered but then it bounced just in front of him and went over his hands. Without that bit of luck it would have been a straightforward save. And Billy would have finished what he was about to say about passing the f*cking ball.

Players I thought were OK/pretty good, when everyone else thought they were shite -
Andy Gray
Marcelo
John Gannon
Bobby Ford (just OK, not great)

Players I thought were shite when everyone else thought they were OK/Pretty good -
John Matthews - with that surname I should have nicknamed him Stanley. Instead I thought of him as Jessie, due to his 'after you Claude' performance when facing Terry Curran etc. in The Boxing Day massacre.
Dave Kitson - the most whingey, whiney cheat we've ever had, with a face you'd never get tired of smacking
Petr Katchouro - if he'd come from Birmingham instead of Belarus, the mystique wouldn't have been there. 40 year old Steve Ogrizovic gave him a 10 yard start and still caught him up in a cup-tie at Coventry. Useless.
Bob Booker (controversial!)- Not quite shite, but his main attribute seemed to be waving to the crowd.

Agreed. Looked like the GK had it covered but then it bounced just in front of him and went over his hands. Without that bit of luck it would have been a straightforward save. And Billy would have finished what he was about to say about passing the f*cking ball.
To put it another way, if that had been scored against us, no one would be saying "that's a great goal." They'd be saying "he hasn't even beaten a man, the defending was absolutely awful."

I'm not saying he should skin three players before shooting. It's a really useful, well taken goal. But wonder goal and epic solo effort are just hyperbole.

And yes he should have passed to Billy, who was halfway through making that legitimate point!

Unitedites always seem to need a boo-boy, and lots of times it isn't deserved, and no matter how good a player is, they never shake off the mantle. In this vein, I never understood the abuse John Gannon got, and thought he had loads of attributes.
Listening to interviews with players from that time, they all knew how good he was. Strange a lot of the fans didn’t see it. One match there was a bloke shouting for him to be sent off…his own man…😔

Players I thought were OK/pretty good, when everyone else thought they were shite -
Andy Gray
Marcelo
John Gannon
Bobby Ford (just OK, not great)

Players I thought were shite when everyone else thought they were OK/Pretty good -
John Matthews - with that surname I should have nicknamed him Stanley. Instead I thought of him as Jessie, due to his 'after you Claude' performance when facing Terry Curran etc. in The Boxing Day massacre.
Dave Kitson - the most whingey, whiney cheat we've ever had, with a face you'd never get tired of smacking
Petr Katchouro - if he'd come from Birmingham instead of Belarus, the mystique wouldn't have been there. 40 year old Steve Ogrizovic gave him a 10 yard start and still caught him up in a cup-tie at Coventry. Useless.
Bob Booker (controversial!)- Not quite shite, but his main attribute seemed to be waving to the crowd.

I certainly agree with the whole first list, especially Gannon.

And how and why a man with a goal record as good as Andy Gray got so much stick I'll never know.

I quite liked Tony McMahon and thought he was one of our better players in our League 1 years

I think it was due to him being a walking red card or booking. He liked to get stuck in fair enough but he pushed his luck a lot giving away needless fouls.

He did have a pretty wicked free kick on him though.

I don't think Olsen was anywhere near as bad as many have made him out to be. He made one very notable error against Millwall, but even that one wasn't the worst sort of clanger.
He was hopeless. Totally unable to command his area. I was pleased when we brought him in as I thought as Sweden’s number 1 he must be decent. I was wrong. Good riddance.

I don't think Olsen was anywhere near as bad as many have made him out to be. He made one very notable error against Millwall, but even that one wasn't the worst sort of clanger.
He wasn’t bad, he wasn’t good. We paid him a lot of money for not being arsed and being average. Good riddance.

I thought Robinson was half decent last night. True, my heart skips a beat when he makes to pass back to Wes but he didn't hide, moved us forward and his throw is a real asset.

The chant where we spell out S-h-e-f-f-i-e-l-d-U-n-i-t-e-d is a bit shit isn’t it?
Not as shit as the “You're shit, aaaaaahhhhhhh” when the opposition goalie kicks the ball. I thought it was the kind of thing farty ”little” clubs did because they’d got bugger all else to get excited about, and now our collection of geniuses are at it too. That’s cringeworthily embarrassing.

I haven't been to a game since March 2020 (Norwich) and I've got to the point where I don't miss it any more. :( Still watch every game, but I have an 18 month old daughter now and more and more idiots seem to be following us and I keep hearing stories from most away games and even home games too.

Before then I'd been home and away pretty much every game since 2012.

It's better than 95% of the newer songs, but it's not great.

I couldn’t tell you what most of the new songs are to be honest. Thought the atmosphere was flat as a pancake again on Saturday.

Not as shit as the “You're shit, aaaaaahhhhhhh” when the opposition goalie kicks the ball. I thought it was the kind of thing farty ”little” clubs did because they’d got bugger all else to get excited about, and now our collection of geniuses are at it too. That’s cringeworthily embarrassing.

100% with you on this. Something you’d expect to hear at a League Two ground. Some fucker will turn up with a drum soon.

Back
Top Bottom