Match Thread Coventry City v. Sheffield United - 12th March 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

COV
COV
COV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1647032717378.png V. 1647032724040.png
Championship Week 36 - Saturday 12th March 2022 - 15:00 - Coventry Building Society Arena
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Coventry City vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee: Jeremy Simpson
Assistant Referee: Rob Smith
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1647032691729.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Without being dramatic this is why we’re nowhere near a promotion team

but that is based on one result (todays result)
Don't worry if we win next week, we'll be world beaters again.

Recent games suggest we've no chance of top 2
but we do have a realistic chance of the play-offs, think if we have a strongish side, we'll be slight favourites but off course there's luck involved.

however think we're miles are from being a PL standard team, so it would be plenty of additions next season.

also think it's funny how last week MGW is the best player outside the PL but he only needs 2 or 3 average games and it'll be "what a waste of money", he's not even worth 15 million. Football is about having ups and downs, don't get over excited when we have ONE match playing really well and don't get down when for ONE match we're shit, judge us over the last 6 games.

Every outfield player has stunk up the place. Bar the goal. That was great. Passing poor. Marking v poor. Second ball...nvm....on wards and hopefully upwards

They’re absolutely average and we’re making them look ten times better than they are
No they’re not at all, I’m not saying they’re not playing well they are, but not great. Rewatch the game tomorrow & you’ll notice the amount of time we pass it to them, we flick it to no one, we boot it up in no direction, the amount of easy passes we misplace, their last goal there’s 4 players around 1 and we don’t make a tackle. It didn’t take much to batter us today
We have done a lot of that but they have also carved us open at ease on their own accord

No they’re not at all, I’m not saying they’re not playing well they are, but not great. Rewatch the game tomorrow & you’ll notice the amount of time we pass it to them, we flick it to no one, we boot it up in no direction, the amount of easy passes we misplace, their last goal there’s 4 players around 1 and we don’t make a tackle. It didn’t take much to batter us today

Exactly
Any professional football team can put in a performance

But the struggling teams usually put in their best performances against teams with no fucking idea what they are doing

Sheffield United do what they did to Middlesboro and then toss it the fuck off immediately in the next game

Hopefully a lot of clubs are looking at Gibbs White today and saying " nothing to see"

that very small minority utd fans 🙄 if you cant take losing, stop coming we dont want you. go watch pep. because calling players around you. all the swearwords under sun isnt going change were 4-1 down & making other 99% idiots
Basically don’t enjoy wins and don’t moan when you’re getting battered? Today is a complete one off in my opinion and Tuesday took it out of us, but I’m sat here freezing in Coventry. People are entitled to have a moan as we all are.

that very small minority utd fans 🙄 if you cant take losing, stop coming we dont want you. go watch pep. because calling players around you. all the swearwords under sun isnt going change were 4-1 down & making other 99% idiots
Tell them mate they are all around you? Are they not? Take it you mean Blades at the game.. no use telling us on on here

Coventry 23 shots and 14 on target. Defence not showing up. Injuries taking toll?
I'd say so, but I also think perhaps a bit of overconfidence going into this game.

Hourihane and Norwood in the middle doesn't work if the opposition are quite mobile in midfield.

we won’t finish in the playoffs there are too many more consistent teams below us moving in to the final 10 games.

Fair play to PH for turning out season around though.

I fear for next season when we lose more players and replace with youngsters.

Well that was embarrassing.

I'd say so, but I also think perhaps a bit of overconfidence going into this game.

Hourihane and Norwood in the middle doesn't work if the opposition are quite mobile in midfield.
We’ve got a LB at RB an immobile midfield and a untried youngster at CB....too many injuries and too many games in short period will catch up with us

I think if we had the squad all available for selection we would have been able to manage the congestion much better. Put it behind us & move on.

Good news is that we can't be this shit next game, and we are still in the playoffs, we all know what a cunt of a league this is so onwards and upwards

Back
Top Bottom