Match Thread Coventry City v. Sheffield United - 12th March 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

COV
COV
COV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1647032717378.png V. 1647032724040.png
Championship Week 36 - Saturday 12th March 2022 - 15:00 - Coventry Building Society Arena
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - Coventry City vs Sheffield United

Officials:

Referee: Jeremy Simpson
Assistant Referee: Rob Smith
Assistant Referee: Richard Wild
Fourth Official: Leigh Doughty

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

1647032691729.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

I have some concerns about this ref, but cannot remember exactly what.
When did we last have him at BL ?

3 very winnable games left in March. Need to take 7 points really.

3 very winnable games left in March. Need to take 7 points really.
Am also hoping for “Lucky 7”. Cov is the last game I’ll see in this 3 game trip after Forest and Boro so a win would make it a nice 7 point trip. Which would be much better than the last 3 pack of Blackpool (H), Forest (A) and (then the debacle at) Blackburn (A) that I was here for. Hecky needs to play his strongest team though for the next 3 games pre intl break and they can recharge after. Whenever he’s tried to rest players it’s not usually gone well (thinking particularly Billy here)

The games keep coming, after the emotion draining game of last Tuesday I would not have been too disappointed if this had been the International break week.

See this being a tough physical slog a bit like the Milwall game but hopefully with a different outcome. Win would be great but take a draw.

Can see this bring similar to the Millwall game, a few changes and the same result.

just found out Bournemouth haven't beaten Derby since 1985. let's hope that run continues today, as well as a blades win

I have some concerns about this ref, but cannot remember exactly what.
When did we last have him at BL ?
We haven’t had him since 2018/19, he reffed Swansea and WBA at home, we lost both 2-1. Didn’t give any cards v Swansea and just one yellow in the game v WBA.

Last reffed us away at Brentford in 2018, sent off Jamal Blackman and a Brentford player (was it Ryan Woods?) for a bit of handbags. Seem to think neither deserved to walk but from that terrace at Brentford’s old ground looks can be deceiving.

Huge week coming up we get 7-9pts & we could be up in 3rd or 4th depending on what happens between Bournemouth & huddersfield

The bench is looking a bit thin. Or our £18 million bench!

No senior cover in midfield or defence. Going to be really important how the defence can hold up again.

Wonder what's up with Davies, personal or injury problems?

(optimistic glasses on) We are getting a bit thin on the ground, we need that no.2 spot if we go up or we wont have enough senior players for the playoffs. :D (optimistic glasses off)

Wonder what's up with Davies, personal or injury problems?
Don’t know the answer to this but I did see him run straight off down the tunnel (via a handshake and quick word with Hecky) at full time on Tuesday night.

Don’t know the answer to this but I did see him run straight off down the tunnel (via a handshake and quick word with Hecky) at full time on Tuesday night.
He just doesn't seem to be able to put a run of games for us together

Makes you wonder whether that daft trip to Gibraltar, the isolating and lack of friendlies after and being unable to play throughout December is going to do for us come the end of the season.

Back
Top Bottom