Uninspiring appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Managers rarely turn out like you expect. TBH Hecky is the one of the least worrying things about today...
Absolutely. He may well turn out to be a great appointment and he clearly knows his stuff.

The main worry is the shitshow happening upstairs. None of that should be a reflection on the new manager.

Blackwell/Steve Thompson/Mickey Adams/Billy McEwan MK2
I'll keep saying it we'll be bust in 18 months at this rate.

One presumes he’ll be much cheaper to get rid of, when the inevitable happens...

We have appointed a manager who's from the area, understands what we expect, no bells and whistles and has worked extensively with the youth at this club, not to mention sparing our blushes when wilder left when he picked 9 premier league points up with a team that was relegated and shot to pieces..

Accompanying him is a former manager of Bradford to name probably his most successful appointment with tons of expereience, a former United player, who everybody in football holds the utmost reagard and who was a magnificent servent to the club, a legend at other clubs he served..

Supported by another former player, Jack Lester, who has worked within the club at youth team levels, he knows what we want and what makes us tick..

I can relate to this, I see a changing of the guard on the pitch, the players we've moaned about being replaced by youth slowly but surely, I see positives because these are people the players can respect and look up to if you can't learn off Mcall then it's time to give up..

Contrast this with the team that are leaving today...

Great decision, great timing, wish the new management team all the best and once they announce sharp as a player coach for next season, you'll all feel much calmer...

We’ve fired a manager/head coach who had demonstrated success at this level before and replaced him with a serial failure on a multi year contract. Smacks of either desperation or the ownership have completely lost interest.

At least Hecky and McCall are the type I can really get behind and give the benefit to.

Jack Lester can fuck off though after he was mouthing through the window of his car at me the other week, for having the audacity to stay on my side of the road and let him through (like I had a choice).

Just laughed at the diving twat 😄

What he said about being tenacious, going back to what we were good at and not trying to be something that we're not, I think is a real positive.

When we pressed teams and made it difficult for them the fans really bought into it. You could argue that we could have kept wilder for that, but to be fair even he'd changed approach in that sense.

I'd love to see the team closing down like we used to and winning possession in their half. It looked like the team were starting to do this more over the last few games and we got a few decent results.

If it happens and we go on a run, the fans will spur us on and I'll love to watch it happen.

Strength comes from adversity

Think PH will do better than Slav with this group of players, he knows them better has worked with the u23s etc, I think the contract length is a bit of an eyebrow raiser. The only thing that worries me is the money as we seemed to have put our eggs in one basket in the Premier League and are now skint it appears relying on the youth and has been players. Hopefully we come out of all this unscathed stabilise a bit and push on once the dust settles. League one must never happen again. Good luck PH. UTB ⚔️

There's a few players in our team that a change in manager might really give a chance to get back to what they're capable of. Stevens hasn't done it for a while, McBurnie could play a part, Freeman could find a place and maybe Jebbison could come in.

We've got a big enough squad with enough options if someone can galvanise them.

I guess I'm just trying to find positives, no matter what's happened today, I wasn't happy with how things were so hopefully this change will be a pleasant surprise

There's a few players in our team that a change in manager might really give a chance to get back to what they're capable of. Stevens hasn't done it for a while, McBurnie could play a part, Freeman could find a place and maybe Jebbison could come in.

We've got a big enough squad with enough options if someone can galvanise them.

I guess I'm just trying to find positives, no matter what's happened today, I wasn't happy with how things were so hopefully this change will be a pleasant surprise
Sensible talk like this will get you nowhere on here pal. 😆

No one can argue with Slavs past re 2 promotions from this league BUT if there is no money to bring in wingers and another holding midfielder along with Guedioura, where is the evidence that as a coach Slav or his team have improved anyone in our current squad? Burke looking any better? Brewster shaping up as a left winger? With the exceptions of Osborn (effort) and now Wes, just which players have done anything to get a starting place, or which players has Slav improved to such an extent they are automatic choices week in week out?

Blackwell/Steve Thompson/Mickey Adams/Billy McEwan MK2
I'll keep saying it we'll be bust in 18 months at this rate.
Thinking more of Weir,welcome back to the world of the latest John Cofie and Jaspers John's.

but I will still give the new manager and coaching staff my backing
as should all our fans silent although you wouldnt think so with all the negativity on s2 lets give the guy a chance he cant do much worse than slav who everybody on here is drooling over all of a sudden i think the players will respond to the new management team and also think we may go back to 3412 with mgw in the duffy role stay positive blades utb fto

I'm shocked with the length of contract they've given Hecky and when I first heard the news I thought it was less than inspiring, however he knows the club inside out, we'll probably go back to 3-5-2 which most of the players will be happier with and if he can get them all giving 100% (which hasn't been happening with most this season) I think results and performances will improve.

The previous guy and his methods were obviously not working at the Lane (in spite of his track record), I couldn't work out if he was more Weir or Robson, or a combination of them both. Hopefully Hecky will get them playing more as a team and get the players on board, playing with a smile on their face, perhaps introduce a few of the young uns into the first team picture, as he did at the end of last season. If he can get a proper big centre half in, in January, then I think we should do much better.

I reckon he understands our club and fans much more than Joker, GLTTL.

I'm shocked with the length of contract they've given Hecky and when I first heard the news I thought it was less than inspiring, however he knows the club inside out, we'll probably go back to 3-5-2 which most of the players will be happier with and if he can get them all giving 100% (which hasn't been happening with most this season) I think results and performances will improve.

The previous guy and his methods were obviously not working at the Lane (in spite of his track record), I couldn't work out if he was more Weir or Robson, or a combination of them both. Hopefully Hecky will get them playing more as a team and get the players on board, playing with a smile on their face, perhaps introduce a few of the young uns into the first team picture, as he did at the end of last season. If he can get a proper big centre half in, in January, then I think we should do much better.

I reckon he understands our club and fans much more than Joker, GLTTL.
Robson somehow lasted till the February least if there is any activity. Hecky can make the calls in the JTW even if that is just recalls on loans

Hecky sounds and acts as a very honest down to earth guy - good luck to him and his team - we all want him to succeed

I don't give two shits how the bloke is. He could be a complete shitwipe for all I care. As long as he gets us results that's all that matters.

I agree with the OP, but I’ll probably be yawning whilst supporting as it’s about the most boring appointment made in recent memory. The only exciting thing to come out of today is the absolute nonsensical bollocks spouted at the press conference and that’s only exciting in a shit way.

but I will still give the new manager and coaching staff my backing

I completely agree. Then again, I was underwhelmed when we appointed Wilder, so who knows!

Whatever happens, it would be nice to see more positivity from the fans. Football is a game of confidence as well as ability, and it’s clear that some of our players are desperately short of belief. From 2016 to 2019, we showed what happens to a club when confidence goes up. We’re now experiencing what happens when it goes down. The fans have a big part to play in this, so let’s get behind PH.

Brunt, Gordon, Lopata, Gomis, Slater, Seriki, Maguire, Brooks are all players that, now have a proper pathway into the first team.

Sheffield United's academy is famous for it's graduates, sadly it's for what the players do when they have left the club.

It would be nice to see a few of them actually play for us before they go off to make decent careers in the EPL/EFL.

And who better to guide them through to the first team than their gaffer for the last 2 years?

Back
Top Bottom