Uninspiring appointment

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I agree with the OP, but I’ll probably be yawning whilst supporting as it’s about the most boring appointment made in recent memory. The only exciting thing to come out of today is the absolute nonsensical bollocks spouted at the press conference and that’s only exciting in a shit way.
What else do you expect from people who know nothing about football

The nuts and bolts of it...

We've sacked a manager who was averaging 1.2 points per game for us this season.

And we've hired a new manager who averages 1.2 points per game in his managerial career... 🤷‍♂️

The nuts and bolts of it...

We've sacked a manager who was averaging 1.2 points per game for us this season.

And we've hired a new manager who averages 1.2 points per game in his managerial career... 🤷‍♂️
To be fair most of that was at Barnsley, 1.2 points a game there is Pep levels of success

We have appointed a manager who's from the area, understands what we expect, no bells and whistles and has worked extensively with the youth at this club, not to mention sparing our blushes when wilder left when he picked 9 premier league points up with a team that was relegated and shot to pieces..

Accompanying him is a former manager of Bradford to name probably his most successful appointment with tons of expereience, a former United player, who everybody in football holds the utmost reagard and who was a magnificent servent to the club, a legend at other clubs he served..

Supported by another former player, Jack Lester, who has worked within the club at youth team levels, he knows what we want and what makes us tick..

I can relate to this, I see a changing of the guard on the pitch, the players we've moaned about being replaced by youth slowly but surely, I see positives because these are people the players can respect and look up to if you can't learn off Mcall then it's time to give up..

Contrast this with the team that are leaving today...

Great decision, great timing, wish the new management team all the best and once they announce sharp as a player coach for next season, you'll all feel much calmer...
I reckon we will see a fresh, positive reaction from the players on Sunday.

No problem with the appointment of Heckingbottom, if he replicates what he did at the back end of the Premier league season he will do alright in this league. It is all well and good saying what Slav did at Watford and Fulham but they are not Sheffield United he was able to spend at Fulham and arguably inherited better squads at both.
I honestly do not think he was the man to rebuild a squad on a budget which is what is needed here hopefully Hecky can get rid of the has been's and never have been's and builds a squad from the promising youth at the club rather than selling them off on the cheap as United have done in the past, let's see us get some benefit from them before we move them on a bit like Brentford do with their young players.

I reckon we will see a fresh, positive reaction from the players on Sunday.
Well we will see if they are happy that he's gone...

If we get the same reaction that's happened at forest I'll be delighted.. And some might have to eat humble pie with what they've said about the players.

1.2 points per game is around 55 points and safety......theres 6 teams on less than a poinr per game
Yep, having a look at last few seasons, 1.2 points per game from here will have us finishing around 15th/16th.. so pretty much where we are right now 🤣

Back
Top Bottom