Outgoing? Mousset?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ha ha, hoisted by my own petard. Guilty but slightly different context.
Mousset isn't posting on a public message board so I have no idea of his personality, you on the other hand offer yourself up with the language you use.

What you are doing is throwing in things that have formed the popular narrative.
What do we really know about his time at Bournemouth.. I know that we paid circa 10million and it was reported in the press that EH recommended him to CW.
His professionalism wasn't questioned at that point.
It is also on record that he lost a close relative, became a dad and struggled with injuries in the last 2 years all at 23 / 24

Again... the language I use? You called me a nobhead without putting anything else on the table. I think the "pot, kettle" statement stands.

You have your views on Mousset, I have mine. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I doubt it.

A very selective reply...
Like I said, calling a young man you have no personal knowledge of an idiot is nobhead territory in my book. Especially as you did it more than once, think you called him 'dumb' which is even worse.
Standard messageboard speak as it maybe and you aren't the only one.
I do know that the staff at the club are very impressed at his conditionioning and the work he did over the summer.
Like you said, we will see.
Night night Captain Kettle.

Like I said, calling a young man you have no personal knowledge of an idiot is nobhead territory in my book. Especially as you did it more than once, think you called him 'dumb' which is even worse.
I do know that the staff at the club are very impressed at his conditionioning and the work he did over the summer.
Everyone is quick to judge, look at how people react re videos from training in Spain,,xxxx wasn't smiling, must be unhappy on his way out etc we don't just judge on ability, and yes it's wrong, we know that, but it doesn't stop us, even when we don't know the kid or what he is like off the pitch
My two penneth, for what it's worth,,look at Mousse, and his reaction after scoring tonight, especially the second one,,that's a heartfelt reaction, looks like a mixture of relief and self congratulation that the hard work and effort have paid off

I am yet to convinced by Mousett, but he certainly looks better prepared and more determined to take advantage of the ‘clean slate on offer.
Nothing much wrong with his contributions so far. Can he keep that standard up for 90 minutes?

I still have concerns about Fleck and Norwood at championship level. Maybe I’m just being harsh about their age, and lack of consistency at PL level?

I am yet to convinced by Mousett, but he certainly looks better prepared and more determined to take advantage of the ‘clean slate on offer.
Nothing much wrong with his contributions so far. Can he keep that standard up for 90 minutes?

I still have concerns about Fleck and Norwood at championship level. Maybe I’m just being harsh about their age, and lack of consistency at PL level?
agree on norwood and fleck and thats why we need 2 more midfielders to come in to challenge them even if berge stays hes automatic at this level those 2 shouldnt be

My feeling with Mousse at the start of this season, is the feeling I had a the start of last season. Even if his head was on right and his attitude bang on, it would probably take him a full season to get himself into a condition to be a week in, week out 90 minute footballer. It just seems, he has left himself so far behind. It is always going to be tempting with him, because he seems to have such a high potential threshold....but always a gamble, which managers keep losing

I heard that he shed a stone before pre season so fair play if that's true which it looks like it is

No no you're right. Let's judge him against opposition he hasn't even played against yet instead.
That’s a strawman.

Im saying that last night, as good as it was, doesn’t tell us a lot about how a 46 game season is going to go against better teams.

That’s a strawman.

Im saying that last night, as good as it was, doesn’t tell us a lot about how a 46 game season is going to go against better teams.

You make it sound like has never performed to a high level. Only last season was a drop off and that was mostly due to injury and other things. He was great in our 1st season in the premier. I think we owe him a little slack.

You make it sound like has never performed to a high level. Only last season was a drop off and that was mostly due to injury and other things. He was great in our 1st season in the premier. I think we owe him a little slack.

You're right in what you say, as with most new managers Slavs wiped the slate clean, that goes for us lot also, yes he's been a knob but he will be aware he's in the last chance saloon.
Over to you Moose to show how much you want it.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I was one who thought Moose was done here with the Blades. His inability to complete matches and his antics off the pitch didn't fill any of us with any confidence that he would perform like he did against Man Utd in the Prem. I still have reservations but against Donny we saw what he brings when a manager plays to his strengths and gets him involved. Maybe, just maybe not having to guess when a cross might come in and have the ball played in front of him will light him up this season. Like I said I have my reservations and he needs to be more consistent, but he did look good the other night, even if it was Donny.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I was one who thought Moose was done here with the Blades. His inability to complete matches and his antics off the pitch didn't fill any of us with any confidence that he would perform like he did against Man Utd in the Prem. I still have reservations but against Donny we saw what he brings when a manager plays to his strengths and gets him involved. Maybe, just maybe not having to guess when a cross might come in and have the ball played in front of him will light him up this season. Like I said I have my reservations and he needs to be more consistent, but he did look good the other night, even if it was Donny.
I can't remember who we were playing last season when Souness highlighted the number of times crosses were delayed, he showed several instances of McB on the defenders shoulder making a run, and Baldcock or Bash or Lundstrom, turning back, and making the easy pass, it wasn't unique to us and something that effects struggling teams short on confidence, it's the difference in attitude, I put the cross in where were you! as opposed to don't blame me for not crossing it, not my fault.

I'm hoping he's turned a corner, but I'm not counting on it. Moose has this ability to show us what he can do, but not do it consistently. Injuries and personal issues tend to blight his performances.

If he stays fit and if he puts behind him those personal issues, he will be an asset. If not, then.............................

Taking a big wage from 2 clubs whilst putting in very little effort to get yourself fit, turning up late / missing training & not putting in the required effort levels (quotes from players / manager) & crashing your Lamborghini at stupid o'clock in the morning after months of speeding around the city is "idiot" and "dumb" territory in my book.

I'm glad the staff are impressed with his conditioning work. Hopefully next season he acts more responsibly and takes his profession seriously.
We've seen what he can do, I genuinely thought he was going to be a £40m+ sale in late 2019. The fact some fans agree that they'd now take £4m for him speaks volumes of what's happened since.
... but anyway, he's just bagged a couple against a bunch of League 1 trialists so the tide of public opinion is against me. Will leave it here and we can revisit around Christmas time.

Fuck me pal, we're back here again are we?
You will be glad to know I am done after this reply but something else that boils my piss is the way people - again, not just you, put things like 'quotes from' etc without anything to back it up. I remember Wilder saying he was at a crossroads but no more detail.
It is just my opinion that a narrative gets formed around players like Mousset for 3 reasons.
1. His demeanour and appearance on the pitch.
2. The car he drives.
3. His skin colour.
I'm not suggesting overt racism BTW only that black players seem to get a little less leeway.
Another example from my youth is Nathan Blake who was deemed Lazy AND Fat by some Blades.
He reacted once by coming over to the BL lower tier when JS was down and taking his shirt off after scoring... scary stuff, said ripped Blades shut up sharpish.
Bye, Thanks for having me.

You will be glad to know I am done after this reply but something else that boils my piss is the way people - again, not just you, put things like 'quotes from' etc without anything to back it up. I remember Wilder saying he was at a crossroads but no more detail.
It is just my opinion that a narrative gets formed around players like Mousset for 3 reasons.
2. The car he drives.
3. His skin colour.
I'm not suggesting overt racism BTW only that black players seem to get a little less leeway.
Another example from my youth is Nathan Blake who was deemed Lazy AND Fat by some Blades.
He reacted once by coming over to the BL lower tier when JS was down and taking his shirt off after scoring... scary stuff, said ripped Blades shut up sharpish.
Some good points there Hilly. I'll be the first to admit that i thought it's time to get rid this summer, I never thought he wasn't interested or just wants a flash car, but his inability to play more than 70 minutes was the main concern, plus he just seemed from off field antics to not be acting in a professional manner and making the best of his ability But on the basis of games thus far he looks to have realised he needs to pull his finger out and make the best of his skillset. One fire we thought we'd signed a 15 PL goal a season man for the first few months.

The transfer links to Johnson Clarke-Harris are ironic as why do we need to sign him for £6m when Mousset is younger and a very similar player and is already here. Hoping Brewster comes good also and we've got some real pace up top. Only problem is with Mousset possibly doing well is that he's out of contract next summer and we stand to lose him for nothing if he decides to look at his options which if he's doing well then he will inevitably get interest from big clubs.

Ive been a staunch ally of Mr Oolala,even when things were not going very well for him last season,it reminded me alot of the stick Leon used to get when he went thru a sticky patch,only to come back stronger and have all the ground singing his name.

Mr Oolala,you just look at his chasing down of the goalkeeper at Doncaster,he means business.

2. The car he drives.
3. His skin colour.

1. His demeanour on the pitch
The part where he rarely is on it due to lack of fitness?

2. The car he drives
You mean, the part where he drives it like a dickhead all over Sheffield & writes it off in the early hours of the morning on the day of a game?

3. The colour of his skin
What?!?

Ive been a staunch ally of Mr Oolala,even when things were not going very well for him last season,it reminded me alot of the stick Leon used to get when he went thru a sticky patch,only to come back stronger and have all the ground singing his name.

Mr Oolala,you just look at his chasing down of the goalkeeper at Doncaster,he means business.
Might be reading too much into it, but for me it what stood out was his reaction after scoring, it wasn't relief, or showing off,high fives etc it was more personal, it looked like it really meant something to him, despite the opposition

i would think all our strikers will be glad that weve not only dropped down a division but we now have a manager who is going to play on the front foot all we had last season was the manager just sending us out to defend and hope for slender defeats which basically is what happened will never understand chris's tactics last season totally opposite to the progressive attack minded manager we had for the first 4 years

The very last chance in the saloon surely…but will give him the benefit of the doubt as he isn’t going anywhere soon.

Big if.

And at the end of the day, Donnorumma, Ramos, Wijnaldum have all left as free agents this summer alone. With a much bigger value than Moose.

He doesn’t really owe us anything, he was the sole reason we finished as high as we did in the first season. He paid back his fee tenfold then.
Sole reason? Wow. Don’t tell JOC, Bash, Egan, Hendo, Baldock and Enda that!

Back
Top Bottom