Outgoing? Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

At some point Bogle and/or Seriki may get preferred at right back. Whether the team is more in need of defensive solidity or attacking quality may dictate when that will happen. Baldock's value will then decrease considerably.

We need to keep this in mind when planning ahead. George has been great for us and is obviously a fantastic professional, but his age and not world class attacking quality means I wouldn't expect £10m bids.

If we end up selling nobody this summer I think it will be hard to fend off bids for younger players, Jebbison or Seriki for example, if big clubs come in for them.

you couldnt blame any player if they were offered double or triple their salaries having said that we shouldnt be considering anything less than 10m for him otherwise he stays here

At some point Bogle and/or Seriki may get preferred at right back. Whether the team is more in need of defensive solidity or attacking quality may dictate when that will happen. Baldock's value will then decrease considerably.

We need to keep this in mind when planning ahead. George has been great for us and is obviously a fantastic professional, but his age and not world class attacking quality means I wouldn't expect £10m bids.

If we end up selling nobody this summer I think it will be hard to fend off bids for younger players, Jebbison or Seriki for example, if big clubs come in for them.
That’s my big fear if we don’t go up this year that we’ll see another promising crop of youngsters picked off piecemeal as we’ve seen so many times before. In ten years time once again having threads where we make up a prem 11 from former blades and celebrating blades who left as teenagers representing national sides. Whilst all those things should be celebrated losing this crop at the same age we lost rammers, DCL and brooks would be a real shame.

Think we will choose to move our established players on at a greater value than you get squad players and save the members of our development squad to improve over time

Real world ?

Cloud Cuckoo land ?

Some folks don’t appear to know the difference 😉.

UTB

I'm not so sure Celtic would be able to make him an offer that would knock his socks offs. He's on a very decent salary at Utd (even post relegation) and Celtic don't have too many players on more than him.

Tbh I'm not too sure why they'd be after him anyway. They'll only need a decent defender for Old Firm games and their usual 1-2 games in Europe - the rest of the season is a case of full your boots going forward which, as we all know, is not GB's strength. Bogle would be a better fit for them but I suppose he'd command an even larger fee.

Scottish Sun reporting Celtic are making Baldock their top priority.

In their European game the other night, I read that an 18 year old is now their first choice right back.

Scottish Sun reporting Celtic are making Baldock their top priority.
They can't seriously expect to get away with charging top dollar for essentially unproven players when selling them (Tierney £25m, Edouard £30m+ (lower now he's into the last year of his contract, Frimpong £11.5m, Ajer £13.5m) and then bid £4m for Baldock. That's not how it works, Queen's Celtic.

Every player has his price though and right back/wing back is one of our better resourced areas. I'd put his value at somewhere in the £7-8m range.

They can't seriously expect to get away with charging top dollar for essentially unproven players when selling them (Tierney £25m, Edouard £30m+ (lower now he's into the last year of his contract, Frimpong £11.5m, Ajer £13.5m) and then bid £4m for Baldock. That's not how it works, Queen's Celtic.

Every player has his price though and right back/wing back is one of our better resourced areas. I'd put his value at somewhere in the £7-8m range.
make that 10m minimum

Let's be realistic. His attacking output is woeful.
This. He's too limited going forward to get a big move. He should be chipping in 10-15 assists/goals. His final ball is poor. If we're playing flying wingers then he's not going to contribute enough.

He's my favourite player but Celtic would be a great move for him and given his attitude and committee we should not try and hold out for more than we're likely to get.

Levy sets his price and doesn't usually budge on it.
Yes, that’s why I hope they’re finding us ‘difficult’.

I don’t know our financial position and how much we need to sell but we’ve tended to sell from positions of weakness before, to cover the costs of contracts that we couldn’t afford due to KM’s poor running of the club or to fund signings when KM was going through one of his “regret” stages and refusing to put money in, after his last gamble failed. Hopefully this time we’re in a better position and won’t be chasing Arsenal to buy Rammers at a cut price rate on deadline day.

I see it as Bogle has huge potential, but may well be Slav's Sessegnon and pushed further forward.

Seriki is the youngster although not much younger than Bogle! And may get a loan..?

Baldock is the proven pro, here and now. You need him to make an assault on promotion.

F in love it when we tell these so called big clubs to f off...Celtic big club in a small pond...or puddle to be precise

They should convert him to a centre half, he’d be immense and would walk into the England squad.
i know you disagree with me on this one bob but i still think baldock could provide cover for basham at rcb if needed certainly at championship level but as you know my preference would be george at rb in a back 4 with bogle in front of him rm i await your repost 😉

Back
Top Bottom