Outgoing? Brewster to Fenerbache (loan)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Surely an out and out goalscorer would've at least chipped in with one goal?

I personally see Jebbo as our future of our forward line. He's big, pacey and has a presence on the field age 17. I'd say he'll probably go on to have a better career than brewster unless he seriously knuckles down and grafts.
I can barely remember Brewster getting a clear chance last season. We were so poor in the final third it's criminal of us to lay any blame at our strikers feet.

Jebbison is of course part of our future but his immediate future should lay in league 1 to get a full season of regular games.

Brewster needs an early goal next season and I bet he'll kick on in the championship and we'll see the player we hoped we'd bought.

It's quite remarkable how many of our fans write off a player with his pedigree because of one bad season. It's even more amazing that they were doing the same to Aaron Ramsdale 6 months ago, and now want £40m for him, and apparently learnt nothing from this.

Surely an out and out goalscorer would've at least chipped in with one goal?

I personally see Jebbo as our future of our forward line. He's big, pacey and has a presence on the field age 17. I'd say he'll probably go on to have a better career than brewster unless he seriously knuckles down and grafts.
Slightly different point to your original one about Brewster but one worth saying is that I don’t think any of our young forwards block each other’s paths. Jebbison, Osula, ndiaye, Hackford, lankshear and Brewster could all compliment each other in pairs or triplets. With the exception of Hackford and Brewster as a pair unless one or the other adds more strings to their bow.

I can barely remember Brewster getting a clear chance last season. We were so poor in the final third it's criminal of us to lay any blame at our strikers feet.

Jebbison is of course part of our future but his immediate future should lay in league 1 to get a full season of regular games.

Brewster needs an early goal next season and I bet he'll kick on in the championship and we'll see the player we hoped we'd bought.
I remember him having a few. (agree the MF was dire) But a striker should be able to fashion at least one chance a game for himself.

However! He did continue his form against Europa.. (Missed an absolute sitter)

I'd love for him to come good, however i said at the time of him signing 23m is far too much, he isn't worth half of that and the Scousers we're laughing as the dry bummed us. Here's hoping he kicks on and shows the potential we've bought, but I can't see it personally.

I remember him having a few. (agree the MF was dire) But a striker should be able to fashion at least one chance a game for himself.

However! He did continue his form against Europa.. (Missed an absolute sitter)

I'd love for him to come good, however i said at the time of him signing 23m is far too much, he isn't worth half of that and the Scousers we're laughing as the dry bummed us. Here's hoping he kicks on and shows the potential we've bought, but I can't see it personally.
You’re living so much in last season it’s unbelievable. Move on, erase it. We are one of 3/4 teams who have a chance of walking this league, with Brewster up top. It would be criminal to let him go

"Sheffield United loan their record transfer to Doncaster Rovers"
It won’t happen. We all know that.

But a spell in L1 where he would be expected to stand out would probably reveal everything we need to know about him.

As at now, emphatically we don’t 😞.

UTB

Regardless of what you think of Brewster, where does he fit into a 3-4-3? He's not strong enough in the air and doesn't hold the ball up well enough to play in the middle and doesn't have the workrate for a wide forward.

It won’t happen. We all know that.

But a spell in L1 where he would be expected to stand out would probably reveal everything we need to know about him.

As at now, emphatically we don’t 😞.

UTB
You must have missed his 1 in 2 January-May before we signed him that proves he’s worthy of staying with us for this season.

You’re living so much in last season it’s unbelievable. Move on, erase it. We are one of 3/4 teams who have a chance of walking this league, with Brewster up top. It would be criminal to let him go

This is him THIS season, again, missing an absolute sitter.

You must have missed his 1 in 2 January-May before we signed him that proves he’s worthy of staying with us for this season.
Dronnie is prepared to ignore McBurnie's 22 in 42 for an average Swansea side* the last time he played in the second tier. I doubt he'll pay any attention to Brewster's record for a slightly better Swans team.

*average...but they still did the double over us.

I assume you’re referring to the cross? I still think it’s a little high for him same as I did when I first saw it.
I don’t understand the agenda, proven goalscorer in this division, give him a chance for crying out loud

Dronnie is prepared to ignore McBurnie's 22 in 42 for an average Swansea side* the last time he played in the second tier. I doubt he'll pay any attention to Brewster's record for a slightly better Swans team.

*average...but they still did the double over us.
Let me introduce you to the concept of purple patches 👍.

Conveniently ignored in many a corner of BDTBL 😉😂.

UTB

I refuse to write Rhian off. Said this before.

But. Let’s face it.

The uptick in his own performance levels needs to be significant and quick if he is to resurrect his career with us.

Time will tell.

UTB

31 goals in 59 championship games isn’t a “purple patch”

the championship may be his level, so why would you get rid?
Why isn’t it ?

Cos you said so ?????

Championship is McBs level. You seem quite sure of that and that he will be good for us going forward from 2021 onwards having been, quote, “wank” for the last 2 seasons !

Let’s see how that pans out. Shall we ?😀.

UTB

Why isn’t it ?

Cos you said so ?????

Championship is McBs level. You seem quite sure of that and that he will be good for us going forward from 2021 onwards having been, quote, “wank” for the last 2 seasons !

Let’s see how that pans out. Shall we ?😀.

UTB
Because it’s for 2 different clubs, under 2 different managers, with 2 different sets of players over 2 different seasons. Some purple patch

Google translate is crap, fixed it for you
Look at my post again - it did say allegedly

Google translate says

Fenerbahce was allegedly interested in 21-year-old striker Rhian Brewster, who played for Sheffield United last season.

🧐 It was stated that the Yellow-Navy Blues were doing research on renting the English player who grew up from the Liverpool infrastructure.

if we still got the receipt , can we take him back to Liverpool and get a refund ?
a loan to Galatasary if they pay his full wage is a good Plan B tho !

Let me introduce you to the concept of purple patches 👍.

Conveniently ignored in many a corner of BDTBL 😉😂.

UTB
McBurnie's Championship purple patch lasted one and a half seasons, or the entire time he played at that level. Same with Billy, last time he was in the Championship. Brewster's may end up being a flash in the pan or a sign of things to come but there's only one way to find out.

FWIW: Championship (or equivalent) records over the last 4 seasons:
Oli McBurnie: 31 goals in 59 appearances (0.52 gpg)
Billy Sharp: 36 goals in 74 appearances (0.49 gpg)
Rhian Brewster: 11 goals in 22 appearances (0.50 gpg)
David McGoldrick: 21 goals in 67 apps (0.31 gpg)
Oli Burke: 4 goals in 19 appearances (0.21 gpg)*

Mousset, Jebbison & Smith haven't played at Championship level in the last four years. Oli Burke's 4 goals came in 14 appearances on loan at Celtic who play at a level which covers the Championship down to League Two.

Because it’s for 2 different clubs, under 2 different managers, with 2 different sets of players over 2 different seasons. Some purple patch
In which case one of us will be wrong.

It could be me. But based on the pitiful performances I have seen in a Blades shirt (and the less than impressive ones i managed to see prior to joining us) I’m just not seeing it.

If he is to be a central figure in our offence this season, let’s hope I am indeed wrong.

BUT.

I’ll call this now.

Slav will see it like I see it and McBs Utd career will not last much longer 😉.

UTB

McBurnie's Championship purple patch lasted one and a half seasons, or the entire time he played at that level. Same with Billy, last time he was in the Championship. Brewster's may end up being a flash in the pan or a sign of things to come but there's only one way to find out.

FWIW: Championship (or equivalent) records over the last 4 seasons:
Oli McBurnie: 31 goals in 59 appearances (0.52 gpg)
Billy Sharp: 36 goals in 74 appearances (0.49 gpg)
Rhian Brewster: 11 goals in 22 appearances (0.50 gpg)
David McGoldrick: 21 goals in 67 apps (0.31 gpg)
Oli Burke: 4 goals in 19 appearances (0.21 gpg)*

Mousset, Jebbison & Smith haven't played at Championship level in the last four years. Oli Burke's 4 goals came in 14 appearances on loan at Celtic who play at a level which covers the Championship down to League Two.
See #56.

UTB

In which case one of us will be wrong.

It could be me. But based on the pitiful performances I have seen in a Blades shirt (and the less than impressive ones i managed to see prior to joining us) I’m just not seeing it.

If he is to be a central figure in our offence this season, let’s hope I am indeed wrong.

BUT.

I’ll call this now.

Slav will see it like I see it and McBs Utd career will not last much longer 😉.

UTB
Who cares how he plays if he guarantees to put the leather in the onion bag for Christ sake?

Slav loves a big target man so I would say you’re a point down already, even though he’s so much better than just a target man

Don't worry he'll be playing in L1 with us next season, if you believe half the stuff people write on here.

Who cares how he plays if he guarantees to put the leather in the onion bag for Christ sake?

Slav loves a big target man so I would say you’re a point down already
Time will tell just how much Slav will “love” our McB !!!!

UTB

Back
Top Bottom