Berge, WTF?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think this is correct, I think it’s a mixture as Egan was down in a separate list and I noticed Norrington-Davies on the tested list so he may have come in early to force his way into SJ’s plans.

good news though there was no positives recorded! My friend doesn’t have a clue about football however said billy sharp wasn’t happy about missing the semi final as he had tickets to take his son! Guessing Walker had sorted it out

seems a class job this what my work colleague does, he’s spent his last 6 months of furlough co-ordinating covid testing for north eastern premier league teams, the most famous person he has tested is Pep. The nicest player was Alex oxlaid-chamberlain and James Milner was one of the more arrogant players!
If you can let Billy Sharp know I'm available to take those tickets off his hands that would be great 😉

I think this is correct, I think it’s a mixture as Egan was down in a separate list and I noticed Norrington-Davies on the tested list so he may have come in early to force his way into SJ’s plans.

good news though there was no positives recorded! My friend doesn’t have a clue about football however said billy sharp wasn’t happy about missing the semi final as he had tickets to take his son! Guessing Walker had sorted it out

seems a class job this what my work colleague does, he’s spent his last 6 months of furlough co-ordinating covid testing for north eastern premier league teams, the most famous person he has tested is Pep. The nicest player was Alex oxlaid-chamberlain and James Milner was one of the more arrogant players!

This is so ITK it's probably bordering on a breach of data protection. Keep up the good work.

No, we shouldn't be following Norwich's example by selling our better players, 'for an offer we can't refuse'. That's why they have become a yoyo club. Seems their owner, board and fans are happy with that, but I certainly wouldn't if this happened with United. I want an established Premier team. Let's keep our better players no matter what the offer was.
Are you saying then, if we get offers for 40 million plus for Ramsdale or Berge, we should turn them down

40 million plus? That ain't going to happen, but the figures branded about by some where they'd snatch their hands off for in the region of 20 million, then I stick to my comment above.

He's class. Should do what we can to persuade him to stay, unless he comes out and officially asks to leave. We should then hold out for the release fee, or at least break even.

Get shut of the likes of McB and Mousett, who I think we can afford to lose. Moose looks fat, unfit and not bothered. McB is just rubbish.

I'be ok going onto the Championship with Sharp, McG, Brewster and Jebbison.
We have no need to sell Berge for less than his release fee and if he’s not happy with that he can give back the money he’s been on. Can’t see anyone meeting it for an unproven player who might still be injured.

Brave move on the strike force though. Old or unproven! McBurnie has plenty of goals at this level so if he’s sold, we should spend the cash on a replacement.

Does anyone know why he hasnt shown up for pre season training? I presume it's an agent recommendation thing to force a move?

I don’t understand why some are giving Berge a hard time. The lad joined months before a Pandemic. Has been isolated from friends and family for over a year. Suffered an unpleasant injury. The manager who sold the Blades to him leaves the club, and no disrespect intended, is being managed by the youth coach. More than that he is no longer in the Premier League where tbh his talent should be.
The lad is compensated no doubt, but that would make most reconsider their role. If he wants to leave, glttl,

But,
I for one hope the gaffer can persuade him we are the best shop window.

I’m looking forward to this season more than the last. Everything felt niggly last July. Lundstram, transfer dealings had Wilder beginning to get testy with the media, the Brewster negotiations. The huge drop in performance after the Spurs game. The p*** poor pre-season, and the fact most teams gave their players a break and our lads were completing gruelling training which decimated our first team when they returned.

This time round. Spirits seem high in the camp. Players are competing for a place. We have a manager who has more than just passion and Knills notebook.

Berge will tear open most if not all Championship defences. Just think how we performed in the FA Cup last year.

I am hopeful that we will be a challenger or better. With Berge we have much better odds of winning the title.

You can wish Berge is taking an extended break before reporting for training... but lets face it, in reality that's not the case.

Speculation around Brooks last year had him going to every Premier League team. Bournemouth held out for his full price and they didn’t get it.

I am not wishing anything. Too many think that by selling Berge we will then have the Golden Ticket.

The truth is, teams will hold out for the full asking price for their players. Berge at 35 million sends A message to other teams that we don’t have to cut our cloth.

We can already see this market is slow. Teams need to maximise the income from their most saleable assets.

If Berge is refusing to train in order to get a transfer, that would seem to be out of character. Still a possibility.
If he has been given an extended break to get him sold. That makes no sense. He had an injury and the board would want to show prospective buyers he is fit and pre-season ready. There will be less interest if he’s injured. (Brooks last year) Still it could be organised because Berge might upset the team.

In my opinion. The lads got an injury. He‘s not fit enough for a pre-season. He’s with his family getting his head sorted before meeting the gaffer and deciding his future.

Will he leave. Definitely. Always thought that when he walked in the door.

This window. Not sure personally.

If he goes. Then we forget about him as he has not played enough minutes for us to have really lost anything.
If he stays. I’m happy. I don’t think we’ll get much for the money we make after sell on clauses and paying Genk (we still owe most of his fee I would presume) and his agent. 35 could soon be 15-20.

Things I’m pretty sure will happen:

1. He’ll never play for us again.
2. He’ll get sold for a total deal of circa £20m to £25m.
We won't miss him - if he didn't suit us in the PL , he will NOT suit us in the Championship.
He has nothing to offer in the physical side of the game.
Feck me , he's 6'5" and he cannot head a football in a duel.
He is no use to us or to himself in our forthcoming promotion season.
We need midfielders with some bollocks.
Fleck & Norwood are fading. Ask yourself how many chances either of them created last season. Christ on a bicycle , they couldn't even take a decent corner.
The whole midfield needs an upgrade or to put it more kindly a refresh.
Whether Boris the Blade recognises this or not , will determine whether his first season in charge ends in promotion.

Speculation around Brooks last year had him going to every Premier League team. Bournemouth held out for his full price and they didn’t get it.

I am not wishing anything. Too many think that by selling Berge we will then have the Golden Ticket.

The truth is, teams will hold out for the full asking price for their players. Berge at 35 million sends A message to other teams that we don’t have to cut our cloth.

We can already see this market is slow. Teams need to maximise the income from their most saleable assets.

If Berge is refusing to train in order to get a transfer, that would seem to be out of character. Still a possibility.
If he has been given an extended break to get him sold. That makes no sense. He had an injury and the board would want to show prospective buyers he is fit and pre-season ready. There will be less interest if he’s injured. (Brooks last year) Still it could be organised because Berge might upset the team.

In my opinion. The lads got an injury. He‘s not fit enough for a pre-season. He’s with his family getting his head sorted before meeting the gaffer and deciding his future.

Will he leave. Definitely. Always thought that when he walked in the door.

This window. Not sure personally.

If he goes. Then we forget about him as he has not played enough minutes for us to have really lost anything.
If he stays. I’m happy. I don’t think we’ll get much for the money we make after sell on clauses and paying Genk (we still owe most of his fee I would presume) and his agent. 35 could soon be 15-20.

If that's the case we bought more injury than player.

oh definetly and im sure slav will bring at least 2 new midfielders in but dont forget both norwood and fleck will perform better at championship level but they both need competition for their places something wilder failed to do last season
If Boris the Blade doesn't bring in 2 proper midfield first teamers you can forget promotion.
Fleck & Norwood do not have it in their legs or their psyche to "do it again" unless competition is brought in - and maybe not even then.
They have been great servants but both are sitting on nice final contracts in their top-level career and ...well , you know how this ends.

We won't miss him - if he didn't suit us in the PL , he will NOT suit us in the Championship.
He has nothing to offer in the physical side of the game.
Feck me , he's 6'5" and he cannot head a football in a duel.
He is no use to us or to himself in our forthcoming promotion season.
We need midfielders with some bollocks.
Fleck & Norwood are fading. Ask yourself how many chances either of them created last season. Christ on a bicycle , they couldn't even take a decent corner.
The whole midfield needs an upgrade or to put it more kindly a refresh.
Whether Boris the Blade recognises this or not , will determine whether his first season in charge ends in promotion.

Technically we might not miss him if he goes (due to the overall lack of game time and being played out of position we've not seen the best of him) but if we let him go we will miss out on him when he proves to be a top top player.

True you'll never see him do a Billy Whitehurst smash when going for a header, but that's not his game. I'm 100% confident Slav and his team will know how to get the best from him and play to his strengths, and we'll have the best midfielder in the championship.

Exactly
Since Berge signed for us he's been shoehorned into a wing back role for the majority of the time here.

When you add to that the fact that he's a young kid who has arrived from a different country and was soon after isolated and alone due to the lockdown.

Normally his family would be there to support him, but lockdown ended any hope of that.

Normally his team mates would be helping him settle and providing him with support, togetherness and an occasional night out, or a meal and a beer, or other activities such as golf, or ten pin bowling or something, any sort of activity would do.

But Berge has even been denied this

He's also joined a team that has been.......well, absolutely fucking wank really, in every department.

Then he has a very serious injury.

It's very harsh to say he's not a £30 million player when everything that could have gone wrong for him has gone wrong.

So, we either get what we want for him, or we let SJ let him off the leash in the Championship and end up with a player that clubs will pay £30 million plus for.
Let him off the leash in a physical league ?
He's an elegant golden retriever , not a rottweiler.

No, we shouldn't be following Norwich's example by selling our better players, 'for an offer we can't refuse'. That's why they have become a yoyo club. Seems their owner, board and fans are happy with that, but I certainly wouldn't if this happened with United. I want an established Premier team. Let's keep our better players no matter what the offer was.
Yo-yo club ?
I'm feckin dreaming of being a yo-yo club !
Especially this season !
When you've followed dem Blades for 66 years - over half of their existence (since 1889) , you might just realise that "becoming an established top-flight club" continues to be beyond our reach.
Let's start with yo-yo and take it from there , like Burnley did.
We are not about to go from abject relegation to established PL.
JUST FOCUS ON THE HERE & NOW.

On his jollies same as fleck as they had international duty. Egan and RND has the option of the same but chose to come back early.
He didnt play for Norway did he in their two friendlies? I presume he went with the squad though

If Boris the Blade doesn't bring in 2 proper midfield first teamers you can forget promotion.
Fleck & Norwood do not have it in their legs or their psyche to "do it again" unless competition is brought in - and maybe not even then.
They have been great servants but both are sitting on nice final contracts in their top-level career and ...well , you know how this ends.
slightly disagree on your point about norwood and fleck and with them in the team forget promotion but yeah at least 2 athletic pacey midfielders need to come in and im sure slav has got a couple lined up

Yo-yo club ?
I'm feckin dreaming of being a yo-yo club !
Especially this season !
When you've followed dem Blades for 66 years - over half of their existence (since 1889) , you might just realise that "becoming an established top-flight club" continues to be beyond our reach.
Let's start with yo-yo and take it from there , like Burnley did.
We are not about to go from abject relegation to established PL.
JUST FOCUS ON THE HERE & NOW.
OK, you've beaten my support of dem Blades by 5 years, but was very aware of United for more than 66 years, which when you get to our age you begin to realise you are running out of years to be able to support them. All the more reason to want to see the club you support an established Premier team and not a yo-yo club wouldn't you think?

love the attitudes of both egan and rnd to go to spain when given the option not to think rnd could be an important player for us in the championship

slightly disagree on your point about norwood and fleck and with them in the team forget promotion but yeah at least 2 athletic pacey midfielders need to come in and im sure slav has got a couple lined up
Slightly at cross-purposes here - I didn't say with Fleck & Norwood in the team forget promotion.
I said if no players are recruited AS COMPETITION for their midfield places , you can forget promotion.
Given LunnyCunt's departure + their age & contracts , if Fleck & Norwood believe their appearance bonus is safe from any competition , they will continue to coast along , not really doing the hard yards + putting in corners which either loop beyond the box or hit the first defender.

Yeah he traveled and I think trained with them but didn’t play I’d assume we extended him the offer of an extended break as even though he wasn’t playing he was technically working.
Okay so has it been confirmed that any player who was on any form of international duty after the end of the season was given the option to skip the training camp in Spain? If so, is Berge the only one (not at the euros) who has taken up this offer?

Sorry if this has been covered but I haven’t been able to spot it among the branching focus of this thread.

Okay so has it been confirmed that any player who was on any form of international duty after the end of the season was given the option to skip the training camp in Spain? If so, is Berge the only one (not at the euros) who has taken up this offer?

Sorry if this has been covered but I haven’t been able to spot it among the branching focus of this thread.
Looks like it was extended to all of them yeah. So that’s RND, Egan, Berge and Fleck. Out of them RND took no break, Egan had an extended break but came back just before going to Marbella and Fleck and Berge are still away. Obviously with ramsdale still away with England.

Fleck has to get his extra drinking in! He always seems to turn up out of shape.

Okay so has it been confirmed that any player who was on any form of international duty after the end of the season was given the option to skip the training camp in Spain?

Yes. Yesterday's interview with Egan. The interviewer stutters a bit. "You've chosen to come on preseason, you could have had a bit longer off"

Screenshot_20210710_080427.jpg

Back
Top Bottom