Berge, WTF?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jebbison and hackford are both promising young strikers and will be part of the squad but its a big big season for both brewster and mcburnie for the money they cost us both should be capable of getting 20 plus goals in the championship i live in hope but im not overly confident about either of them hope im proved completely wrong
We need to sort out our woeful midfield before any of strikers can weigh in with 20 plus goals a season

new manager new system plus playing at a lower level i think berge would be immense for us in the championship but as ive said 25m minimum for me or he stays
He's got the physical tools and the technical ability. I just don't think he's the type to take responsibility for being the best player in a team, at least not yet. He's much more likely to play the safe pass and let someone else take the risks.

jebbison and hackford are both promising young strikers and will be part of the squad but its a big big season for both brewster and mcburnie for the money they cost us both should be capable of getting 20 plus goals in the championship i live in hope but im not overly confident about either of them hope im proved completely wrong
20 goals is a lot. If 2 of our forwards get 12-15 that's a decent season based on how it usually goes

We need to sort out our woeful midfield before any of strikers can weigh in with 20 plus goals a season
oh definetly and im sure slav will bring at least 2 new midfielders in but dont forget both norwood and fleck will perform better at championship level but they both need competition for their places something wilder failed to do last season

20 goals is a lot. If 2 of our forwards get 12-15 that's a decent season based on how it usually goes
yes it is but for a combined fee of 40m for the pair they should both be capable and actually still think slav might want to bring another striker in

Think jebbison goes on loan personally. Hackford, Osula and lankshear stay and playing for the 23’s and 18’s all promising but probably not going to start the season in and around the seniors. For us to get promoted next year we’ll need mcburnie to score around 20 and Brewster to start to piece things together getting around 10.

6 each ffs that would be a shocking return for 40 million in championship
15 each at least
Edit ok looks like i read it wrong
You mean each not combined ...
I'd expect 30 to 35 from brewster and mcburnie...

oh definetly and im sure slav will bring at least 2 new midfielders in but dont forget both norwood and fleck will perform better at championship level but they both need competition for their places something wilder failed to do last season
Norwood and Fleck are part of the problem, not part of the solution. If they’re staying, they need to be back up, not first team.

yes it is but for a combined fee of 40m for the pair they should both be capable and actually still think slav might want to bring another striker in
Fee is irrelevant to future performances though. I don't know if you just shake off the level of futility shown last season

6 each ffs that would be a shocking return for 40 million in championship
15 each at least
Edit ok looks like i read it wrong
You mean each not combined ...
I'd expect 30 to 35 from brewster and mcburnie...
If we get 40 goals from the forwards position in total I'd take that.

He's got the physical tools and the technical ability. I just don't think he's the type to take responsibility for being the best player in a team, at least not yet. He's much more likely to play the safe pass and let someone else take the risks.
I can understand people being underwhelmed but some of the things I've read on here about this lad are simply so far away from the truth I wonder what some of our fans get out of watching football

Say what you like about the lad but he has an incredible eye for a pass and is extremely accurate ,slag him off by all means but at least try and be balanced

I can understand people being underwhelmed but some of the things I've read on here about this lad are simply so far away from the truth I wonder what some of our fans get out of watching football

Say what you like about the lad but he has an incredible eye for a pass and is extremely accurate ,slag him off by all means but at least try and be balanced
Are you saying I wasn't balanced? I praised him and then said where I think his issues have been

Are you saying I wasn't balanced? I praised him and then said where I think his issues have been
Yeah actually you're right my reply was aimed specifically at your last sentence perhaps slightly out of context but it wasn't specifically you I was remarking on ,more the general slating this guy is getting from many on here that I think is a bit unwarranted

Norwood and Fleck are part of the problem, not part of the solution. If they’re staying, they need to be back up, not first team.
yes possibly but they wont be up against international class midfielders next season big gap between the premier league and championship in terms of quality but theres no doubt we need more pace and physicality in midfield and im sure slav will have players lined up

Yeah actually you're right my reply was aimed specifically at your last sentence perhaps slightly out of context but it wasn't specifically you I was remarking on ,more the general slating this guy is getting from many on here that I think is a bit unwarranted
I think he's got huge talent but he's a little bit weak, or at least passive mentally

Last edited:

if we manage to hang on to berge he would run most games at the level were dropping down to and would be a vital cog in our promotion bid

I think he's got huge talent but he's a little bit weak,or at least passive mentally
That's fair ,I remember him being outmuscled by raheem Sterling last season but in the other hand being too powerful for Sissoko at spurs so I think it's a case of learning how to harness his strengths and I think that will come in time

The rumour is that we need to sell £40m of talent to balance the books before the start of next season. If that is the true situation, we have two options: 1. sell eight to ten low value 1st team players or 2. sell Berge & Ramsdale (and possibly a Fleck or Norwood if a difference needs to be made up). Call me crazy, but i seriously doubt that either Berge and Rammers will play again for us.

Norwood and Fleck won`t necessarily perform any better at Championship level. However, they may be more effective.

The rumour is that we need to sell £40m of talent to balance the books before the start of next season. If that is the true situation, we have two options: 1. sell eight to ten low value 1st team players or 2. sell Berge & Ramsdale (and possibly a Fleck or Norwood if a difference needs to be made up). Call me crazy, but i seriously doubt that either Berge and Rammers will play again for us.
If true, It's really poor management from all at the club that we are in this financial position. After 2 years prem money and parachutes to come, we should only be selling if we are offered silly money.

Norwood and Fleck won`t necessarily perform any better at Championship level. However, they may be more effective.
i think they will big gap in quality between the 2 leagues mind thats not to say they should be automatic choices even at championship level but they wont be pressed as much be very interesting to see who slav brings in to the midfield area its the most crucial bit of the summer transfer window for me

If true, It's really poor management from all at the club that we are in this financial position. After 2 years prem money and parachutes to come, we should only be selling if we are offered silly money.
I think that's unfair criticism to point the finger at the club, during a pandemic where thousands of businesses worlwide have gone under and where many league clubs are on the brink. Cash income has almost been non existent for the last 18 months.

Then he's not worth £25 million.

We're does the parashute fit in then?

Our income has reportedly dropped from 100 million last season to 40 million this season (due to spending 2 seasons in the EPL). Couple this with players wages being slashed by 50% I doubt we need to sell as badly as some think. We set out our stall to cover all possibilities, were one of the poorest payers in the Premier league and one of the top earners (Jags) has gone. Despite this I think it leaves us with little to spend but Slav must have had some reassurance that there was some money available for transfers?.

Our income has reportedly dropped from 100 million last season to 40 million this season (due to spending 2 seasons in the EPL). Couple this with players wages being slashed by 50% I doubt we need to sell as badly as some think. We set out our stall to cover all possibilities, were one of the poorest payers in the Premier league and one of the top earners (Jags) has gone. Despite this I think it leaves us with little to spend but Slav must have had some reassurance that there was some money available for transfers?.
think the majority of our signings will be loans but nothing wrong with that

Back
Top Bottom