Berge, WTF?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm saying he hasn't looked like a 25 million quid player since he's been with us ......
In my honest opinion we won't make nothing on him ...
Break even is best we can hope for .......
Time will prove im right

I'm saying he hasn't looked like a 25 million quid player since he's been with us ......
Time will prove im right
If we are only going to break even then keep him. He’s a full international first team player who will only get better, if we get back up which we surely have a decent chance regardless of this shitshow of a season we’ve just had then he will be worth more than double before you know it, Keep him!

Time will prove im right
I think if I were judging him on what I've seen there's no way I'd rate him at close to £25m, but if the rumours are true about the clubs interested then I don't see why we shouldn't hold out.

I think if I were judging him on what I've seen there's no way I'd rate him at close to £25m, but if the rumours are true about the clubs interested then I don't see why we shouldn't hold out.
I don't believe that all the rumours are true. I also fully expect us to lower our exit clause, and I'd be delighted if we got our money back, or only made a small loss.

I expect that we'll take a small loss, in order to balance the books, and based on his actual (lack of) delivery / injury record whilst he's been with us.

If we are only going to break even then keep him. He’s a full international first team player who will only get better, if we get back up which we surely have a decent chance regardless of this shitshow of a season we’ve just had then he will be worth more than double before you know it, Keep him!
Keep him means selling other ( cough) assets on top of one or two of Egan,Ramsdale, Bogle, Baldock,

I don't believe that all the rumours are true. I also fully expect us to lower our exit clause, and I'd be delighted if we got our money back, or only made a small loss.

I expect that we'll take a small loss, in order to balance the books, and based on his actual (lack of) delivery / injury record whilst he's been with us.
I'm sure most of it's paper talk but if the type of club he's being linked are the type to put a bid in I doubt we'll make a loss. This is our turn to milk someone for a daft price for once. Berge wouldn't be the first questionable player to go for far more than fans think they're worth.

I'm sure most of it's paper talk but if the type of club he's being linked are the type to put a bid in I doubt we'll make a loss. This is our turn to milk someone for a daft price for once. Berge wouldn't be the first questionable player to go for far more than fans think they're worth.
And I’ll be delighted to be proved wrong. :)

Exactly
Since Berge signed for us he's been shoehorned into a wing back role for the majority of the time here.

When you add to that the fact that he's a young kid who has arrived from a different country and was soon after isolated and alone due to the lockdown.

Normally his family would be there to support him, but lockdown ended any hope of that.

Normally his team mates would be helping him settle and providing him with support, togetherness and an occasional night out, or a meal and a beer, or other activities such as golf, or ten pin bowling or something, any sort of activity would do.

But Berge has even been denied this

He's also joined a team that has been.......well, absolutely fucking wank really, in every department.

Then he has a very serious injury.

It's very harsh to say he's not a £30 million player when everything that could have gone wrong for him has gone wrong.

So, we either get what we want for him, or we let SJ let him off the leash in the Championship and end up with a player that clubs will pay £30 million plus for.

Exactly
Since Berge signed for us he's been shoehorned into a wing back role for the majority of the time here.

When you add to that the fact that he's a young kid who has arrived from a different country and was soon after isolated and alone due to the lockdown.

Normally his family would be there to support him, but lockdown ended any hope of that.

Normally his team mates would be helping him settle and providing him with support, togetherness and an occasional night out, or a meal and a beer, or other activities such as golf, or ten pin bowling or something, any sort of activity would do.

But Berge has even been denied this

He's also joined a team that has been.......well, absolutely fucking wank really, in every department.

Then he has a very serious injury.

It's very harsh to say he's not a £30 million player when everything that could have gone wrong for him has gone wrong.

So, we either get what we want for him, or we let SJ let him off the leash in the Championship and end up with a player that clubs will pay £30 million plus for.
I must have missed the games he played wing back

Why blades fans would be happy to see him go is beyond me ,utb
Because the odd moment aside I haven't seen him have a great game for us. If one player who isn't currently a key part of the team could make up the vast bulk of the shortfall from relegation then it's just good business. The only thing that would be bad is if we sell him cheap but the club look like they're being strong on that front.

Thought that for months mate , I think he feels he is too precious to risk all in nothing games for us.....I think he will look back on us as a shit stain on his career ...
I don't know him personally so I could be totally wrong ....
My estimate is 12 to 16 million .....
Gone before summer holidays
And I stand by this ...

jebbison and hackford are both promising young strikers and will be part of the squad but its a big big season for both brewster and mcburnie for the money they cost us both should be capable of getting 20 plus goals in the championship i live in hope but im not overly confident about either of them hope im proved completely wrong
Hackfords miles away at the moment ,needs to develope a awareness on the ball ,think jebbo will play a significant roll though

Honestly I'm happy that we look like we're willing to hold out for a good deal. Too used to all the "cut our cloth" lines from the club in the past.
If we can afford it, so am I.

But if we can't then afford to make necessary adjustments to the squad, I'll blame the club for holding on for a completely unrealistic valuation on a player that's contributed next to nothing and based on evidence so far, won't be missed.

I must have missed the games he played wing back

He's been stuck out on the right hand side of midfield in most games he's played for us, and due to our lack of attacking ambitions this has meant he's been a wing back whether it was deliberate or not.

This guy needs to pick the ball up 40 yards from our own goal and run with it, like what was seen of him in the youtube clips. In other words his natural game.

Because the choice isn’t “let him go or not”.

It’s “let him go, or let £20m worth of others go”.

Yes
I think McBurnie and Mousset would bring £20 million in, and I don't think we would miss either as much as a midfielder, where we're already a bit short.
Plus he has played at a much higher level, and if fully fit and used properly I think he would be an absolute Goliath in the Championship.

We could find ourselves with a £50 million player if he does the biz next season.

But we could find ourselves with a dead duck if he doesn't, but even if he doesn't do the biz I think it would mean English football isn't for him rather than him being a bad player, and we'd still get a decent fee for him from abroad

I just think after investing so much, we've got to try to get the best out of him rather than accept defeat and sell him for less than we paid

Yes
I think McBurnie and Mousset would bring £20 million in, and I don't think we would miss either as much as a midfielder, where we're already a bit short.
Plus he has played at a much higher level, and if fully fit and used properly I think he would be an absolute Goliath in the Championship.

We could find ourselves with a £50 million player if he does the biz next season.

But we could find ourselves with a dead duck if he doesn't, but even if he doesn't do the biz I think it would mean English football isn't for him rather than him being a bad player, and we'd still get a decent fee for him from abroad

I just think after investing so much, we've got to try to get the best out of him rather than accept defeat and sell him for less than we paid
I'd be surprised if we got 50 pence for moose. MCB probably 13/15m, rather keep the pair. Regarding Berge I'd just stick a 35m (release clause fee?) price on him and let nature take its course. Like you say, he'd be an absolute Goliath in the championship and would easily be the best in the league. If he does end up going he goes for a hefty profit which limits the amount of players we need to sell (though I don't think we need to sell at all unless it's a stupid offer)

He's got the physical tools and the technical ability. I just don't think he's the type to take responsibility for being the best player in a team, at least not yet. He's much more likely to play the safe pass and let someone else take the risks.
This he's the type to make a good team better.

Not change a team's fortunes

In 5 years maybe

Berge is by far and away our most talented player. He's probably our most skilful player, our strongest player, our fastest player, our most intelligent player.

If we get him playing with full confidence, surrounded by equally confident team mates, in a team that has more than 30% possession per game, that doesn't constantly bypass midfield with hopeless long balls, while playing him in his favoured position, he'll be an absolute joy to watch and will be the best player in the league.

I can't understand why anyone would be happy to see him go, even for 30m. We need to build the team around him, it'll be a long time until we get another player on his level, we should be enjoying him for as long as possible!

Berge is by far and away our most talented player. He's probably our most skilful player, our strongest player, our fastest player, our most intelligent player.

If we get him playing with full confidence, surrounded by equally confident team mates, in a team that has more than 30% possession per game, that doesn't constantly bypass midfield with hopeless long balls, while playing him in his favoured position, he'll be an absolute joy to watch and will be the best player in the league.

I can't understand why anyone would be happy to see him go, even for 30m. We need to build the team around him, it'll be a long time until we get another player on his level, we should be enjoying him for as long as possible!

Fastest? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom