Getting behind the new manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't remember ever going to the Lane to cheer for an owner or Chairman whether good or bad, and they've mostly been bad in one way or another, they come and go, it's our club at the end of the day.. it's about getting behind the lads in red and white for me, as long as it's not a Blackpool or Coventry type scenario I don't generally care who owns the club.

Almost as good as any of yours were calling for the best manager we've had in decades to go.

Sure showed us didn't you. Heckingbottom and Tindall. Wow how right you were

Wah, mummy they’ve sacked a manager, tell them!!

For 10 games, you do know what interim means right?

I have no issue with a new manager. Just the fact we had an amazing manager and now will have to pick from mediocrity.

Mee are probably lucky we have no fans at the ground today. It wouldn’t be the current coaches fault but the toxicity thrown at the club would be brutal

Wilder is the best we could hope for, the best we could afford and the one that would put up with the most shit - purely because of his loyalties.

Step away from having a Blade in charge and to having any other manager in charge, and they're just an employee after a contract - and as such, we won't be able to afford anyone near to Wilder's calibre. We've really shot ourselves in the foot.

Love the club, will support the manager and players if they put the work in, but I don’t particularly like or trust the owner. If he can let a living legend go in this manner, I worry what else he’s capable of in terms of the players, the ground, and the very future and identity of our club. UTB

Just to reinforce a point already made, Heckingbottom had no part in this and has been asked to do a job. None of it is his fault. Now he has a chance to show what he can do so we need to support him and the team through what's going to be a tough period.

No-one is saying neither he nor anyone else will be "better" than Chris but he's had the 'nads to take the job on and I wish him all the best.

Sheffield united will all ways be my team no matter who is in charge .Thanks Chris for all the hard work you put into the club we all love ,And now onto the next chapter of this up and down club

What I find quite interesting is that Alan Knill is staying as part of the set up. Usually if a manager leaves so does his no2. I am trying to take a positive from that - or maybe I’m just clutching at a passing straw.

I’ve sat watching some really shit teams at the Lane managed by shit managers with corrupt people in charge of the club for years. I’m was still there supporting the club. I’m as unhappy about this as others but there’s no way I’m stopping supporting the team over this and do you know what, guess who would want the fans to still get behind the team and new managers possibly more than most? Chris Wilder.
Some of this is getting pathetic, listen to yourselves.
My thoughts exactly. He’s left us in a better position both on and off the pitch but he’s gone, if your a Blade you support the team through thick and thin.

What I find quite interesting is that Alan Knill is staying as part of the set up. Usually if a manager leaves so does his no2. I am trying to take a positive from that - or maybe I’m just clutching at a passing straw.

I suspect he'll be off when Chris gets a job but I'm pleasantly surprised he's still here. It's a huge boost for the continuity of the set-up. Given Tindall has come in as well, I expect we're trying to make sure there's enough resources to do everything. Presumably Tindall may pick up the U-23s.

Now the relegation hangover has doubled up. Wilder would have been the full English, we've got an alka seltzer.

I think you can be SO opposed to the change of manager BECAUSE you are such a devoted United fan. It's not a case of back the gaffer, or the club.

I think many are so upset, because of the integrity Wilder showed through his time here, his assurances of loyalty to the club, to being a custodian, to leaving through the front door, to never risking the future of the club.

If a man talks with that loyalty and is now on his way, that suggests that not all is as it should be at a boardroom level, and that blind faith should not simply be placed in the board. You can back SUFC loyally, but it's made up of many parts - the badge, the stripes, the community, the players, the manager, the owners. Right now, people are backing the manager and one of our own, and are rightfullt racked off with the owners.

I think that the lack of fans in the ground will work massively in the favour of the board and new management team. In my view there would have been a massivè backlash in the ground/car park but the passage of time before fans return will reduce that, particularly if the team picks up a few results.

Well Chris didn't win in his first 4 games.
We aren't getting another CW. We've not had one in 130 years.
The new bloke deserves time and respect to turn us round, and fair critisim if he deserves it. That's it.
I wonder how many of those who are saying they won't get behind the club and the new manager were calling for Wilder's sacking after his first four games?

As much as I'd love to be wrong, it will be clear as day a lot quicker than that the new man won't be a patch on Chris
He will be different, but maybe he will be better when we are next in the Premiership. Neither of us know.
There were many who were very critical of CW’s appointment as he had only success in lower leagues with small clubs. How wrong they were !

Did he have much choice - who else is available?
People moaning about CWAK playing favourites? Lunny still in, Billy starting? Love Bill, but at 35, should he really be starting in the premier league? No kids in, despite U23’s being top of the league? 6 subs instead of 9? It’s like CWAK still here? New broom and all that?

State of some of the comments on here.

Pathetic, some of you.

Get behind the team FFS.
I really don’t think that people are not behind the team. We are allowed to be devastated and angry about this decision but still be behind Heckingbottom and whoever eventually takes over permanently. That won’t stop me (and presumably others) from still thinking it was a stupid and awful decision to part company with Wilder.

People moaning about CWAK playing favourites? Lunny still in, Billy starting? Love Bill, but at 35, should he really be starting in the premier league? No kids in, despite U23’s being top of the league? 6 subs instead of 9? It’s like CWAK still here? New broom and all that?
Nine subs according to the O/S:
    Ndiaye

Brewster

Foderingham

Bogle

Lowe

McBurnie

Jagielka

Osborn

Mousset
... and McGoldrick out injured.

Back
Top Bottom