Board left with no choice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Out of the prince or wilder, who do you think has the interests of the club closer to their heart?

I think some of you are letting a decent talksport interview and not acting like a cunt on camera go to your heads.

With Wilder in charge i know we will be doing the right things to make sure the club stays strong and grows. Ive never once worried we wouldn't come back stronger next season and beyond. It genuinely worries me if hes not at the helm, and him leaving arent the signals i want to see.

Yeah, they've performed much better than us

The Norwich model is toast anyway. Post Brexit the Home Office have changed the immigration rules. The Norwichs and Brentfords of this world can no longer pluck a gem on the cheap from a European league as they probably won't get a work permit
Well they've had 2 promotions in 2 Championship campaigns...

Probably wouldn't have been a waste of money had the manager used him the way he should be used, but turning him into a reborn Kevin Davies yes he is a waste of money at this point.
Well it was almost an admission! I hope Mcburnie stays and scores a hat full next season. That's his level, which is not a criticism.

DoF has been dealt with. We haven't sold anybody. None of us has any idea about the purchase budget for next season.
Well something negative has been said to make wilder walk !

I didnt want Wilder to be sacked, and am a bit shocked by the announcement, but his interviews this season have been Warnockesque in their cringeworthyness. If you keep telling the world how much more quality the opposition has its no wonder players lost confidence. Yes he has been unlucky with injuries and the lockdown, but he gave no impression of knuckling down and getting on as best he could in the circumstances, other than negative, damage limitation football.

His transfer record also was a bit Bassetesque, good at spotting bargains, but not able to spend good money well.

and the Prince said they wanted him to stay next season, 100%.
The club have said they haven't sacked him, so he's resigned and they'll come up with an agreement and put out mutually agreed.
This is on Chris, so I'll ask again, what should they have done? Given him everything he wanted? Complete control?
Yes to both your questions

Sorry, I guess it would have been better to get relegated last season and then win promotion this season again. Silly me
But... you said DoF would be a laugh in the Championship. Not PL.

A dark day for the blades but for the last few months, wilder to me at least, has been angling for the sack so it’s no surprise he has gone;
i love wilder he’s the best manager in my lifetime we have had at the lane, but he has contradicted himself this season, he spoke about character, work rate and the emphasis of the team as opposed to individuals - and then he has picked John lundstram week in week out who has displayed the exact opposite. It’s not all lundstrams fault, others haven’t turned up and we’ve had injuries - but wilder selects the players and in

moving forward I hope we can get a manager who is more willing to look overseas for players, who doesn’t limit himself to overpriced British players.

All the best to Chris wilder, he will get another job and be successful again and so will the blades.

Lets face it, the writing's been on the wall. And I really doubt Prince and co wanted it to come to this, because they know exactly what Wilder means to the fanbase.

But. Every press conference if it hasn't been blowing smoke up the opposition's arse has been thinly veiled digs at the board.
He's been struggling like never before so he's been punching out, I get that, but destroying your relationship with those above you probably isn't a good idea.
Dragging our crap through the media has been very unsavoury to see, and it's only been from one party.

He's been backed, to the volume NO manager of this club ever has been, or likely ever will be again in the near future. To the sound of £130m.
The transfers haven't been a particular success so the board are rumoured to want a DoF in, that's a good model to follow and all the elite (and the majority of the Prem) have in place. It's thinking to the future. Chris didn't like it. But if he can't work with a DoF he'll never get a job at a top club.

Thanks for everything Chris, and I'm sad it's had to happen like this. But I really think it's for the best for all concerned.
We I suspect will now get a DoF in place and create a new club structure which we will need to become a sustainable PL club (fucking hell, even Burnley have one).
I expect him to take a little break and get a job at a Championship club angling for promotion late next season. And that will be really sad to see him in the opposition dugout.

The club isn't ending, managers come and go, although this one hurts at the minute. And it hurts we didn't get to say goodbye or thank him for the previous 4 years.
My personal views on the situation and this season aside, he is the best I've ever seen and I literally have CWAK tattooed on my arse.
He leaves us in a far better state than when he took over, now it's over to the board to put their plans into play. And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

But again, thanks for everything Chris. Brought our club back from the dead and we will never forget it. Legend.

View attachment 107863
Do we think this has been going on for sometime. The purchase of Brewster and the amount of game time he’s received could have been seen as a buy over his head already.

That was cleared up by both sides. DoF wasn't being pushed so long as Wilder was here.
In short you are proposing that Wilder should have gotten whatever he wanted? Spend what he likes, full control, no oversight?

He's never had that. Certainly since the structure changed when the Prince got sole ownership. This bares repeating so I hope a lot of eyeballs see it. United's signings are made by the transfer committee. All members of said committee can bring ideas for players to the table. Every signing is ratified by a vote. If Brewster was proposed and was downvoted by a majority of the Prince's men (the majority are not CW's coaching staff!) then the signing doesn't happen. It was revealed earlier this season that Wilder was initially overruled re the Bogle signing and had to persuade members of the committee. The signings for good or bad are the decision of the whole committee of which CW has one vote. It's the height of disingenuousness to lay 100% of the blame for signings at his door. What is happening now is the football staff are getting their votes taken away from them, and wont stand for it, even though the Prince has a majority on the committee already and can already overrule them. That and other things. The irony, of course, is that the DOF will become the autocrat CW is being made out to be.

Last edited:
All we need is a European scouting network and any of the clowns on the bookies list will be laughing.

European scouting networks are also going to be used to cure AIDs, solve the Middle East political issues and end drought and famine in Africa.

Yes to both your questions
OK. That's fine, but your expectations are unrealistic.
Wilder never signed up to have unlimited spend nor has the Prince alluded to the fact that he's hundreds of millions to invest.

As some of u know my Mrs works for sky sports, sky hve pulled the story as he IS STILL manager, the current situation is Wilder is still our manager as of 13.30 and talks are ongoing between owners. The press conference has been moved to 5pm now as club hopes to have a resolution. The mrs is speaking with club and they haven’t announced anything due to ongoing talks.

Out of the prince or wilder, who do you think has the interests of the club closer to their heart?

I think some of you are letting a decent talksport interview and not acting like a cunt on camera go to your heads.

With Wilder in charge i know we will be doing the right things to make sure the club stays strong and grows. Ive never once worried we wouldn't come back stronger next season and beyond. It genuinely worries me if hes not at the helm, and him leaving arent the signals i want to see.

Apart from 50% of a tiny Championship budget and the initial money to get the shares the Prince has put £0 into the club. The only significant infrastructure improvements we've made were forced on us by the PL. When the first two years of parachute payments dry up this might become very apparent. Hopefully not, but we're SUFC so expect the worst.

I imagine the current talks are around a settlement as oppose to him staying at the club

OK. That's fine, but your expectations are unrealistic.
Wilder never signed up to have unlimited spend nor has the Prince alluded to the fact that he's hundreds of millions to invest.
I doubt he wants unlimited money. I imagine his demands were reasonable and with the long term interests of the club in my mind. And if the board had to do some things they didn't want thats the sacrifice to keep a manager who has worked miracles. You think Prince gives a flying fuck what happens to us long term?

I doubt he wants unlimited money. I imagine his demands were reasonable and with the long term interests of the club in my mind. And if the board had to do some things they didn't want thats the sacrifice to keep a manager who has worked miracles. You think Prince gives a flying fuck what happens to us long term?
I'd suggest he does yes to protect his investment if nothing else.

The biggest issue for me is the whole club will undergo a restructure which will set things back a few years. The academy for example, the youth teams play a mirror of what the first team do 352, moulding and hopefully creating players to come through. We haven't had this for years, but we're starting to see 1 or 2 show promise. Also, the squad is so set up for the 352 it's going to take a major overhaul of the first team squad to play anything much different as well.
Good reason to have Heckingbottom in then.

I didnt want Wilder to be sacked, and am a bit shocked by the announcement, but his interviews this season have been Warnockesque in their cringeworthyness. If you keep telling the world how much more quality the opposition has its no wonder players lost confidence. Yes he has been unlucky with injuries and the lockdown, but he gave no impression of knuckling down and getting on as best he could in the circumstances, other than negative, damage limitation football.

His transfer record also was a bit Bassetesque, good at spotting bargains, but not able to spend good money well.

I don’t want him to leave and l doubt very much that the majority want him too.( I doubt he really wants too). But that’s a pretty fair assessment.
The other side of the coin is of course changes in the clubs strategy previously agreed with him and his personality.Who knows, but we’ve already got the “fucking Arabs” type quotes coming along.

What investment? Genuinely, how much is he personally down from owning us?
Well, he was covering the losses last time we were in this division? Someone will be able to confirm but I seem to recall it was £7-8million each season since he originally took over that he had to cover with McCabe?

Yeah that is a good point. People saying this isn't Wilder F.C... Well yes. But it IS Prince "i can't pronounce his names" F.C.

So whats the big difference? At least Wilder is a blade not someone who is just obsessed with money and toilet rolls. I mean I wasn't a McCabe fan, far from it. But the Prince schemed and got this club for the price of a bag of jelly babies.
Yep and stand by for BDTBL to be sold to property developers within 5 years.

In all seriousness how does anyone insist that when a club is relegated there must not be any sales?
We all know the Prince is not a billionaire.
We all know we need to get rid of some players - some of you may already have a list - and we all know we need to get in some new players - some of you may have one or two positions in mind.
This is simply bloody stupid.
If we are going to have a plan - let's have a fucking sensible one!

Yeah that is a good point. People saying this isn't Wilder F.C... Well yes. But it IS Prince "i can't pronounce his names" F.C.

So whats the big difference? At least Wilder is a blade not someone who is just obsessed with money and toilet rolls. I mean I wasn't a McCabe fan, far from it. But the Prince schemed and got this club for the price of a bag of jelly babies.
That a very interesting rewriting of the ownership history of our club. I think you need to look again at who schemed to try and get the club on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom