Board left with no choice

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chabuddy G

Kurupt FM
Reaction score
Lets face it, the writing's been on the wall. And I really doubt Prince and co wanted it to come to this, because they know exactly what Wilder means to the fanbase.

But. Every press conference if it hasn't been blowing smoke up the opposition's arse has been thinly veiled digs at the board.
He's been struggling like never before so he's been punching out, I get that, but destroying your relationship with those above you probably isn't a good idea.
Dragging our crap through the media has been very unsavoury to see, and it's only been from one party.

He's been backed, to the volume NO manager of this club ever has been, or likely ever will be again in the near future. To the sound of £130m.
The transfers haven't been a particular success so the board are rumoured to want a DoF in, that's a good model to follow and all the elite (and the majority of the Prem) have in place. It's thinking to the future. Chris didn't like it. But if he can't work with a DoF he'll never get a job at a top club.

Thanks for everything Chris, and I'm sad it's had to happen like this. But I really think it's for the best for all concerned.
We I suspect will now get a DoF in place and create a new club structure which we will need to become a sustainable PL club (fucking hell, even Burnley have one).
I expect him to take a little break and get a job at a Championship club angling for promotion late next season. And that will be really sad to see him in the opposition dugout.

The club isn't ending, managers come and go, although this one hurts at the minute. And it hurts we didn't get to say goodbye or thank him for the previous 4 years.
My personal views on the situation and this season aside, he is the best I've ever seen and I literally have CWAK tattooed on my arse.
He leaves us in a far better state than when he took over, now it's over to the board to put their plans into play. And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

But again, thanks for everything Chris. Brought our club back from the dead and we will never forget it. Legend.

1615545975650.png

They did have a choice and they've got it wrong. They've destroyed everything he's done in the 4 years. And we know if by some absolute miracle we ever get in the position wilder got us in again (champions league qualification in our hands with 10 games to go) they'll just sack whoever got us there as soon as we have a difficult spell. Dont really see the point in us now.

• Banned
They did have a choice and they've got it wrong. They've destroyed everything he's done in the 4 years. And we know if by some absolute miracle we ever get in the position wilder got us in again (champions league qualification in our hands with 10 games to go) they'll just sack whoever got us there as soon as we have a difficult spell. Dont really see the point in us now.
Don't see the point in us now. Christ 🤣

Lets face it, the writing's been on the wall. And I really doubt Prince and co wanted it to come to this, because they know exactly what Wilder means to the fanbase.

But. Every press conference if it hasn't been blowing smoke up the opposition's arse has been thinly veiled digs at the board.
He's been struggling like never before so he's been punching out, I get that, but destroying your relationship with those above you probably isn't a good idea.
Dragging our crap through the media has been very unsavoury to see, and it's only been from one party.

He's been backed, to the volume NO manager of this club ever has been, or likely ever will be again in the near future. To the sound of £130m.
The transfers haven't been a particular success so the board are rumoured to want a DoF in, that's a good model to follow and all the elite (and the majority of the Prem) have in place. It's thinking to the future. Chris didn't like it. But if he can't work with a DoF he'll never get a job at a top club.

Thanks for everything Chris, and I'm sad it's had to happen like this. But I really think it's for the best for all concerned.
We I suspect will now get a DoF in place and create a new club structure which we will need to become a sustainable PL club (fucking hell, even Burnley have one).
I expect him to take a little break and get a job at a Championship club angling for promotion late next season. And that will be really sad to see him in the opposition dugout.

The club isn't ending, managers come and go, although this one hurts at the minute. And it hurts we didn't get to say goodbye or thank him for the previous 4 years.
My personal views on the situation and this season aside, he is the best I've ever seen and I literally have CWAK tattooed on my arse.
He leaves us in a far better state than when he took over, now it's over to the board to put their plans into play. And none of this 'it will set us back 10 years' bollocks, we are about to go down with parachute payments and the basics of a great championship squad. Few additions here and there, create a new structure at the club with a DoF and a European scouting network - and with a good manager at the helm we'll be up there. Don't you worry about that.

But again, thanks for everything Chris. Brought our club back from the dead and we will never forget it. Legend.

View attachment 107863
Bravo sir bravo very very well said

The Board have done a right clanger. Although on this board 15% wanted him gone- nearer the truth is 99.9% of true Blades wanted him to stay-

Any suggestion of 'Wilder Out' with 30,000 there , highly likely they would have been battered.

The decision stinks- folk who have been round the block know that this is a truly awful conclusion.

The 4 years he has given are the best we have had for 50 years- it is truly beyond belief.

The board want to put a structure in place and you cant blame them after the transfer windows and recruitment we've had. Chris wanted control of everything and he feels he should but the board think otherwise and rightly so. I believe the club will kick on and expand now. Ultimately whether it was Chris or prince or whatever. The players are to blame for this. They've let the club and wilder down

They have a team that brings transfers in, the young upcoming players on lower wages was most probably a club strategy and not a Wilder one.
With him in charge I would be confident of a good champ season next year.

Now not so much. I belive this is the absolutely the wrong way to go.

The board want to put a structure in place and you cant blame them after the transfer windows and recruitment we've had. Chris wanted control of everything and he feels he should but the board think otherwise and rightly so. I believe the club will kick on and expand now. Ultimately whether it was Chris or prince or whatever. The players are to blame for this. They've let the club and wilder down
Exactly. My thoughts in a nice succinct quote.

Laughable comment "I believe the club will kick on and expand now" , Yes just like after Warnock was sacked. Furious!!

10 games to go. What is the point of it happening now? Who is going to be in charge for our game this weekend? Cannot see Alan Knill staying. Truly gutted.
Heckingbottom will likely take the rest of the season, since it's a write off - and we'll be using that time trying to get a DoF and Manager in place for next year. I suspect.

Laughable comment "I believe the club will kick on and expand now" , Yes just like after Warnock was sacked,
It's totally different. The gap between the PL and Championship has never been bigger. It's harder to NOT go up than it is to go up once you've come down as Watford and Norwich are showing.

Best case scenario is basically last season. Unbelievable in the top flight. On course for Europe for the first time ever. Blade as gaffer and skipper. Won't ever top that and if we do we'll just sack them if we have a bad run. So no I don't the point in us now.
This is more than just 'a bad run'. It's been a manager at war with a board due to differing ideas, whilst we set records as the worst PL club in history. It's not an 8 game sticky patch.

Never ends well when you criticise the boss, even if that criticism is justified.

Nonetheless, a sad day

This is more than just 'a bad run'. It's been a manager at war with a board due to differing ideas, whilst we set records as the worst PL club in history. It's not an 8 game sticky patch.
I just hope that the board do have the 'right' ideas for our club. I guess we have to trust them on that.

He's been backed with the money that he earned the club by getting promoted to the Premier League and keeping us there. Let's not pretend the Prince has been generally putting his hand in his own pocket here.

They had the choice of sticking to the plan that they gave Wilder (spend on youth, if we go down don't sell) and they're seemingly going back on that now. They had the choice to re-enforce in January and chose not to. Many would agree with that choice, but when they tell the manager (and the fans) that they'll bring in players and then don't, it's not exactly a good sign.

And, we already have a "structure" in place. We have a committee. We have a "model" for identifying players. People keep acting like recruitment is entirely down to Wilder and he refuses to allow anyone else to have a say. I'm not sure what this is based on.

This season has been shit, but that is more people than Chris Wilder. And nobody has done more than him to get us to this point.

There's also no fans etc. Just the worst decision I've seen us make. Don't care who the next manager is he'll 100% be worse than wilder. Pathetic decision once again by this fucking joke club

View attachment 107863

View attachment 107863
I agree. Some of the best times I have seen in over 60 years, but we recovered from Bassett leaving and others before him, so with the right appointment we go again.

He's been backed with the money that he earned the club by getting promoted to the Premier League and keeping us there. Let's not pretend the Prince has been generally putting his hand in his own pocket here.

They had the choice of sticking to the plan that they gave Wilder (spend on youth, if we go down don't sell) and they're seemingly going back on that now. They had the choice to re-enforce in January and chose not to. Many would agree with that choice, but when they tell the manager (and the fans) that they'll bring in players and then don't, it's not exactly a good sign.

And, we already have a "structure" in place. We have a committee. We have a "model" for identifying players. People keep acting like recruitment is entirely down to Wilder and he refuses to allow anyone else to have a say. I'm not sure what this is based on.

This season has been shit, but that is more people than Chris Wilder. And nobody has done more than him to get us to this point.
He didn’t have to give him that money. Burnley’s owners didn’t with Dyche. Norwich’s owners didn’t with Farke. I could continue, but I won’t.

And the structure we have in place has proven to fail. And people act like it’s ‘entirely down to Wilder’ because it pretty much is. We have a committee but it Wilder doesn’t want someone we don’t sign him.
But for what it’s worth, yeah, Paul Mitchell should hold his hands up too.

Can anyone else see a Bryan Robson followed by 10 different managers situation happening?

This just sucks, no crowd so we can't even vent properly. When crowds come back I'm gonna be there singing "we want wilder back"

So Wilder has brought all this so-called Sheffield United core back, next manager will probably destroy it.

Can I just exclaim, Wilder is not bigger than Sheffield United. We will move on as a club it's a sad day, but we won't end up back in League 1 nor will we stop as a football club.

We had the worst start in PL history and no manager would have survived that in world football never mind the PL. The board stuck with him, we have improved but after the Soton performance, you can see somethings not right. Wilder has had digs at fans, the boards, refs, players and never took any of the blame on himself.

The transfers have been subpar the lack of formation changes, which have bewildered me at times when we have no CB's. A lot of this adds up.

I have seen the best years of the best years under Wilder, but we move on as a club and we can't stop supporting Sheffield United even if you don't agree.

We are Sheffield United FC NOT Wilder FC!!!

They had the choice and they've made the wrong one. Doom and gloom from me now, we'll be in League 1 before we're back in the PL.

Curbishley/Pardew/Pulis/McCarthy type manager next or some 'trendy' foreign manager who wears glasses and has never played the game. Can't wait.

Can anyone else see a Bryan Robson followed by 10 different managers situation happening?

This just sucks, no crowd so we can't even vent properly. When crowds come back I'm gonna be there singing "we want wilder back"

So Wilder has brought all this so-called Sheffield United core back, next manager will probably destroy it.
Yep exactly what I expect to happen. Probably be ok next year. Finish 8th then all the decent players who didn't leave this summer will go and we'll be wank for 15-20 years. All because of this utter joke of a decision.

Back
Top Bottom