So Mr Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CornwallBlade

I got the ball ref!
Reaction score
We’re relegated, we all know that. I’m cool with the situation and am looking forward to watching a resurgent Blades ripping it up, we have young talent who will, hopefully, get us back into the big time. I’m a manager who needs to get the fans and these boys believing in the dream. So, I bench the young, very expensive, talent and play Lundstram, Fleck and Sharp as starters and play ultra defensively. I’m sorry but he’s a busted flush and he can fuck off as far as I’m concerned. He’s seems more obsessed with avoiding “worst” records than getting some fight back. It’s Fulham FFS and we look absolutely wank.

Very worrying couple of games after it seemed like we were getting our identity back - men v. Boys tonight against an 18th placed Fulham
Chris needs to go

we need someone with objective judgement between now and the end of the season to assess what we have and what we need

Chris has totally messed up / no doubt

Chris needs to go

we need someone with objective judgement between now and the end of the season to assess what we have and what we need

Chris has totally messed up / no doubt
He still has credit in the bank for me.
He’s earned a chance to put this right and he deserves a full season next year, I’m backing him to get us in the top 6 next season.

He’s earned a chance to put this right and he deserves a full season next year, I’m backing him to get us in the top 6 next season.
Earned credit!!! The man has no idea. He was complaining about the performance of certain players after the West Ham, then plays Lundstrum and Steven's tonight. The guy has completely lost the plot. He needs to go!!!!!

Earned credit!!! The man has no idea. He was complaining about the performance of certain players after the West Ham, then plays Lundstrum and Steven's tonight. The guy has completely lost the plot. He needs to go!!!!!
We’re only in the premier league because of him. Let’s face facts, these players are LG1/Champ level & we’re learning the hard way. Instead of blaming wilder he should be gaining extra recognition for how he got us up and performing last season. Show a bit of loyalty ffs.

You have to know when to let go - and its extremely unlikely that there will be a right time - so best be a bit earlier rather than later.
I think there's a difficult, horrible decision to make here - but it would be for the best.

We have assembled a reasonable squad of young talent - yet do not have a clue what to do with them
Pub team football is not the way forward

I know he's earned credit mate for how he's turned club round. Think I'm just abit disappointed, as you probably are, with the performance tonight

Let's see were that credit gets him when we are playing for a draw away at Luton when we are sitting midtable next spring. Because I can see that coming tbh.
Blokes shot his lot has his chance and he's Warnocked it... Bottled it ...

Let's see were that credit gets him when we are playing for a draw away at Luton when we are sitting midtable next spring. Because I can see that coming tbh.
Blokes shot his lot has his chance and he's Warnocked it... Bottled it ...
We ‘warnocked ‘ it when we got rid of the best bloke to get us back up after a disappointing relegation season. Let’s hope we’ve learned our lesson as a club and as a set of fans.

We’re only in the premier league because of him. Let’s face facts, these players are LG1/Champ level & we’re learning the hard way. Instead of blaming wilder he should be gaining extra recognition for how he got us up and performing last season. Show a bit of loyalty ffs.
Sorry but there’s two sides to this. Yes, some players might not make the grade but, the same is true of coaches/ managers. It is a huge step up from the Championship and some simply can’t make it. He’s been fantastic but clearly can’t take and keep us In the PL. Thanks Chris, you’ll always be a BL legend but time to face facts and step aside. Your selection and tactics tonight proved that you’re f**ked

Sorry but it’s also down to to ability of the coach. He’s spunked £120m for reserves and gone backwards. Getting us to PL is fine but he is clearly a L1 - Championship coach but this has been a step too far. Not the first and not the last-‘thanks for the memories Chris bur bye bye

We're only in the Premier League because of him?
So the shambles and relegation this season are because of him too, right?

He has 1 x seasons worth of credit in the bank. Wilder had proven a newly promoted mostly league 1 side can make 250 mil. If we yo yo back up again the following year (which looks very unlikely right now) let’s hope the worlds seemingly most destitute Arab won’t tighten the purse strings as much.

In the last 4 seasons (prior to this one) we had 2 promotions, 1 credible position the championship and 1 very very credible position in the Premier League. He's won manager of the year once, came second in another season and had numerous accolades along the way.

This season does not wipe that out. We would be fucking idiots to not see how he did in the first couple of months of next season.

We've had an incredible 4 years under CW this season the wheels have fallen off, I won't slag CW but, he seems at a loss of how to halt the slide and he's admitted he struggles to name a side. Yes we've suffered by no, fans but on the other hand teams such as Villa & WHU have thrived, especially WHU all they are used to is insults and now fans not on backs playing well.

We 've had awful injuries but come on we knew Hendo was never coming so his loss was expected, losing JoC knocked the wind from our sails and we've suffered but I'm sorry it does not excuse the crap we've been this year.

In the last 4 seasons (prior to this one) we had 2 promotions, 1 credible position the championship and 1 very very credible position in the Premier League. He's won manager of the year once, came second in another season and had numerous accolades along the way.

This season does not wipe that out. We would be fucking idiots to not see how he did in the first couple of months of next season.
Let’s hope he doesn’t saddle us with another bunch of players more suitable for the division below again then.

Let’s hope he doesn’t saddle us with another bunch of players more suitable for the division below again then.
Yes, last time we were in the Championship and he saddled us with players suitable for... the Championship that ended awfully.

His recruitment has been poor this season, but up until then, he was on balance exemplary.

Yes, last time we were in the Championship and he saddled us with players suitable for... the Championship that ended awfully.

His recruitment has been poor this season, but up until then, he was on balance exemplary.
Summer 2019 says hello.

He was brilliant in 2018-19. That was a hell of a long time ago in football terms.

Knowing of JOC's injury last season and doing sod all to find an adequate replacement borders on negligence. That started the rot for me.
As was signing Brewster for such a sum when we needed more in midfield.

But that doesn't mean we should get rid. Sacking Wilder out of what could only be punishment, would be beyond negligence... it would be akin to self-harm.

Back
Top Bottom