No Money For Transfers or Loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A lot of that £130 million was spent last season and we stayed up unfortunately it looks like we needed to spend that again for this season plus the fact that we had to buy a goal keeper as the one we had went home it’s not been plain sailing, if we’d kept Hendo and spent the £18 million from Rams on another midfield I wonder if that would have made a significant difference? answers on a postcard...
That presumes of course that we had any chance at all getting Henderson back

Why would our chairman trust Wilder with anymore money? I know I wouldn’t, let him work on a shoe string budget and if we get back in the prem perhaps we should get a Director of Football in to bring a higher calibre of player in, mainly from abroad so we still don’t have to pay high wages? Something (DOF) I’ve never been a fan of.

We’ve well and truly fucked up establishing ourselves as a top division club, having said all that, we should still bring a few players in this window to bolster our non existent midfield, to not bring one in ages ago is almost Cloughesque when he didn’t bring a CB in when every Tom, Dick and Harry knew we needed one.

Why would our chairman trust Wilder with anymore money? I know I wouldn’t, let him work on a shoe string budget and if we get back in the prem perhaps we should get a Director of Football in to bring a higher calibre of player in, mainly from abroad so we still don’t have to pay high wages? Something (DOF) I’ve never been a fan of.

We’ve well and truly fucked up establishing ourselves as a top division club, having said all that, we should still bring a few players in this window to bolster our non existent midfield, to not bring one in ages ago is almost Cloughesque when he didn’t bring a CB in when every Tom, Dick and Harry knew we needed one.
Just completely ignore my post about wages. Just let us all know what the plan would be for bringing in these high calibre players. I’m sure these high calibre players are going to come in and get paid less than half of what they would get at nearly every other team.
Get real we need major investment to bring in these players you speak of. We have to keep building slowly it the only way we can do it.

I’m not ashamed to say I have no issue how we have done things. Has there been mistakes? In hindsight yes but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
What we haven’t done is ensure we aren’t going to end up like Portsmouth. Saddled with players on massive contracts and massive mages. Let me remind your why our neighbours are in such a mess. It isn’t because they paid for Jordan Rhodes it is because of what they are paying the likes of Jordan Rhodes and his mates.
Chris Wilder has earns this club a fortune by getting us in this league and keeping us in the league of only for 2 seasons. Just look at the parachute payments not even mentioning the money made over the last 2 years.
It has been incredibly disappointing how this season has gone and I hope everyone at the club learns from the mistakes but unless we have major investment staying up will be the only aim.

If the Prince fully believed that Wilder is his manager long term he would surely back him a little bit in this transfer window. No one is expecting record breaking stuff but surely a loan signing.

Makes me wonder how long Wilder has left at the club. Seems like the beginning of the end to me.

If the Prince fully believed that Wilder is his manager long term he would surely back him a little bit in this transfer window. No one is expecting record breaking stuff but surely a loan signing.

Makes me wonder how long Wilder has left at the club. Seems like the beginning of the end to me.

I think they have said there is no point wasting money on this season anymore so use it wisely in the summer. I think Wilder is enjoying a free run at the minute due to the past few seasons (probably correct), come next season anything bar promotion will be deemed as failure.

I think you are probably right even a loan signing would help if I am honest.

I think they have said there is no point wasting money on this season anymore so use it wisely in the summer. I think Wilder is enjoying a free run at the minute due to the past few seasons (probably correct), come next season anything bar promotion will be deemed as failure.
I’m thinking this year is a bit of a failure.

Just completely ignore my post about wages. Just let us all know what the plan would be for bringing in these high calibre players. I’m sure these high calibre players are going to come in and get paid less than half of what they would get at nearly every other team.
Get real we need major investment to bring in these players you speak of. We have to keep building slowly it the only way we can do it.
Why does everything always get judged on wages? Don’t transfer fees count towards the budget? It’s the first I knew about it.

You get real, he’s overpaid for the future and bought fuck all for the here and now, it could be too late for the so called future players to do anything for us, he could be gone by the time they have a chance to do anything for us and so could they.

I admire your support for our manager, I really do but our manager will be gone long before us fans will be, he should have grabbed the bull by the horns and gone for it, he might not get another chance.

Wilder chose to keep the wages low compared to others as to not upset the applecart, for me this was a huge mistake of his and it’s what stopped him bringing better players in, the Prince well and truly backed him, that I have no doubt about.

Why does everything always get judged on wages? Don’t transfer fees count towards the budget? It’s the first I knew about it.

You get real, he’s overpaid for the future and bought fuck all for the here and now, it could be too late for the so called future players to do anything for us, he could be gone by the time they have a chance to do anything for us.

I admire your support for our manager, I really do but our manager will be gone long before us fans will be, he should have grabbed the bull by the horns and gone for it, he might not get another chance.

Wilder chose to keep the wages low compared to others as to not upset the applecart, for me this was a huge mistake of his and it’s what stopped him bringing better players in, the Prince well and truly backed him, that I have no doubt about.
So you think the manager “chose not to pay the wages so not upset the applecart”? Do you actually believe that seriously? Look at some clubs who have “gone for it” not only in this league but the league below. There is a reason the top 6 are who they are. All of them have major investment behind them.
“Going for it” potentially puts this club in trouble is that what you want seriously? What do you want to achieve by “going for it”. Do you think we should be aiming for the top 4 top 6 winning a cup? What is it you think we should be doing?
Have a look at all the clubs who have ended up in financial difficulty, transfers are like a bank loan paid over a period of time with lots of variables attached to them. Wages aren’t if you sign a player on a 4/5 year contract on 80k a week that needs to be paid wether we go down or not. Now imaging having 6, 7, 8, 9 players on those contracts. Are you starting to ge the gist?
Its the wages that are unsustainable if a team goes down which is why clubs like ours have wage caps so if the worse does happen we are protected.

Hart's fucked. Ramsdale hasn't been as bad as people seem to like to think he has. Hart is walking disaster area now

Wilshere would never play because he'd always be injured

Same goes for Welbeck

Sturridge too, actually

Hospital prone or not Wilshere scored tonight in the FA Cup. Just throwing it out there.

It’s certainly possible we could sign a player now on a loan with a view to a permanent who turns out to be a very good player. You’ve then got a player that already knows the club and is ready to hit the ground running next season.

If you trust the manager you’d let him sign a loan player or two with a view to a permanent now.

You can’t treat trust like some fickle bitch, like a tap you can turn on and off. You either trust the guy with spending or you don’t, I don’t see how this can be anything other than the beginning of the end?

You can’t treat trust like some fickle bitch, like a tap you can turn on and off. You either trust the guy with spending or you don’t, I don’t see how this can be anything other than the beginning of the end?
I think you are probably right storm and many will get what they wish for. We will start on the managerial merry go round again. The last time we were in the ground we comfortably beat Norwich to go 5th. It’s incredibly sad how it’s going to end and I fear we just become another championship club when this all ends.

I think you are probably right storm and many will get what they wish for. We will the. Start on the managerial merry go round again. The last time we were in the ground we comfortably beat Norwich to go 5th. It’s incredibly sad how it’s going to end and I fear we just become another championship club when this all ends.
I just can’t see how Wilder accepts this. Our midfield is a travesty and paper thin. Buy for the championship, fine, but to do NOTHING given the watery pile of horseshit that is this season, is just the latest bollock volley.

I just can’t see how Wilder accepts this. Our midfield is a travesty and paper thin. Buy for the championship, fine, but to do NOTHING given the watery pile of horseshit that is this season, is just the latest bollock volley.
I don’t believe he isn’t going to accept it. I think he will be gone before we play West Brom.

Look at Brighton’s latest finances, is this going for it? They are 4th from the bottom and spent a bit of money paying much more in wages than we are.

I think you are probably right storm and many will get what they wish for. We will start on the managerial merry go round again. The last time we were in the ground we comfortably beat Norwich to go 5th. It’s incredibly sad how it’s going to end and I fear we just become another championship club when this all ends.

Let’s face it, there was always a strong possibility it was going to end that way. Unless you’ve got a billionaire owner or one of established top 10 clubs it’s always going to be a matter of time before you have another stint in the Championship or lower. Look at Bolton, they had 10 years in the Prem and less than 10 years later they’re in League Two.

There is a few clubs that will always be at the top while the rest of us could be in the Premier League one season and down in League One in no time.

Let’s face it, there was always a strong possibility it was going to end that way. Unless you’ve got a billionaire owner or one of established top 10 clubs it’s always going to be a matter of time before you have another stint in the Championship or lower. Look at Bolton, they had 10 years in the Prem and less than 10 years later they’re in League Two.

There is a few clubs that will always be at the top while the rest of us could be in the Premier League one season and down in League One in no time.
Don’t disagree with that but my point I more that we become just another mid table championship club. If people held their nerve I genuinely believe we would go up again next season and try to build. It also puts us in the shop window for investment if we are in the PLand that is what we need to become an established premier league club.
I think it’s going to get very messy very quickly and we’re going to have a fractured fan base. Whilst I don’t blame the owner for how they have kept the wage bill under control I think they will just throw the money we spent in transfers. That doesn’t tell the whole story though.

He’ll have face on guaranteed, and won’t be shy letting everyone know. This is such a stupid thing for a club desperately needing a boost, to do.
I think it’s gone past him having the face on storm. Big changes afoot I think foreign manager and DOF is what I believe we will see pretty soon.

So you think the manager “chose not to pay the wages so not upset the applecart”? Do you actually believe that seriously? Look at some clubs who have “gone for it” not only in this league but the league below. There is a reason the top 6 are who they are. All of them have major investment behind them.
“Going for it” potentially puts this club in trouble is that what you want seriously? What do you want to achieve by “going for it”. Do you think we should be aiming for the top 4 top 6 winning a cup? What is it you think we should be doing?
Have a look at all the clubs who have ended up in financial difficulty, transfers are like a bank loan paid over a period of time with lots of variables attached to them. Wages aren’t if you sign a player on a 4/5 year contract on 80k a week that needs to be paid wether we go down or not. Now imaging having 6, 7, 8, 9 players on those contracts. Are you starting to ge the gist?
Its the wages that are unsustainable if a team goes down which is why clubs like ours have wage caps so if the worse does happen we are protected.
Wilder said it himself many times, he said he had to strike a fine balance as to not upset the tight nit squad he had built up, well that’s lasted long hasn’t it!

By the way, I ain’t thick, I get the gist alright, I can see what’s happening and where we’ve fucked up, it isn’t the boards fault, out of all the times the board have fucked our club over this isn’t one of them.

People blaming the board and fucking wages really are blind. We had no problem paying a lot less wages last season.

We’ve given players contracts or contract extensions when them wages could’ve gone elsewhere, this is just one of the many clusterfucks in the last few seasons transfer windows.

Wilder said it himself many times, he said he had to strike a fine balance as to not upset the tight nit squad he had built up, well that’s lasted long hasn’t it!

By the way, I ain’t thick, I get the gist alright, I can see what’s happening and where we’ve fucked up, it isn’t the boards fault, out of all the times the board have fucked our club over this isn’t one of them.

People blaming the board and fucking wages really are blind. We had no problem paying a lot less wages last season.

We’ve given players contracts or contract extensions when them wages could’ve gone elsewhere, this is just one of the many clusterfucks in the last few seasons transfer windows.
Who’s blaming the board? It seems like you dont want to accept the facts of the situation. Shouting and saying everything is fucked and Wilder has fucked it all up is just based on emotion because of the awful season we have had.
Its ok saying you wouldn’t have given players contract extensions or contracts we need 20 odd players to make a squad. We aren’t in a position to have squad players who would get into any premier league squad sat on the bench.
I think you need to understand where we have come from and how quick it has been we never had the chance to even build a solid championship squad before we got promoted. Now you think we should have a squad of players all with premiership experience or quality. We are Sheffield United not Manchester City, we are going down so what. If we hold out nerve we will be back up again pretty quickly it was always going to be a 5-10 year build. The problem was our manager got us there in less than half that time.
I am unsure why you are so angry about? I am disappointed but not angry. We have to take a step back so what we are in an unbelievable financial position now form where we were. Now is the time to build the club on solid footings not risk everything just so it looks like we are “going for it”. By the way you never actually explained what going for it consisted of and where you expected it to get us? I take it your have looked at Brighton’s finances have you?

I think it’s gone past him having the face on storm. Big changes afoot I think foreign manager and DOF is what I believe we will see pretty soon.

Thing is Wilder held all the cards before.

New contracts given every few months seemingly to him..subtle comments about the squad would see him get a player here or there. He asked the Prince for bit more money for signings...McBurnie, Berge, Ramsdale, Brewster all came in for money SUFC have never even entertained.

Yes he did not get Cash and Robinson but still was given sizeable fees even taking the wage argument out if it.

Training ground being upgraded after he kept mentioning that was another example.

He basically to some degree dictated everything and the board gave him most things they could. Yes he would have liked more on wages of course and even more money but I think overall the board have done what they can to help him. His success and what he did meant noone would question him or his decisions.

His star could not have been higher. He was the darling of the media and PL in March.

Now in less than a year...his reputation has nosedived so much it is shocking and upsetting as a huge fan of his.

His signings have been panned and mostly disastrous since the summer sadly. The consensus nationally are that his tactics and style has been worked out and we are on the verge of being the worst ever side in top flight history. We are a laughing stock and he is presiding over that.

He may get the monk on all he wants but the owner and his board will not allow more funds to be squandered and rightly so. He has had his chance really and has fucked up massively on recruitment. Not sure anyone can argue too much on that.

I am not being harsh to say Ramsdale and Brewster might feature in the 3 worst signings (fee wise...yes I know the wages argument comes into it) this Premier League season for the whole league. I am struggling to think of any others from the summer at say 15+ million that have had less impact or looked so much out of their depth. I know they are young and may improve.

If I was Abdullah I'd tell him get the players you believed in and nagged me for the money to sign,to perform or move some of them on/recoup some and then we will talk again.

Wilder can moan and grumble about not getting any more money but for once I am not in agreement if that is the case. The season has gone. It's too late now.

If he walks over that then I am not sure the football world would offer much sympathy at all. If he resigned as he felt that he'd gone as far as he could and it was just all too much mentally and he needed a break/wanted players to gave a different voice etc then that's different. I did see that happening and still might.

The above may come across as anti Wilder. It's not. I do stand by the critique of his signings particularly last summer.

I maintain and always have I want him here next season and hopefully for years to come.

I do think he needs to lose some of the stubbornness and also realise that he has to get more out of certain players. He has signed them so internal improvement/development/coaching like he did albeit at a lower level needs to be more of a factor.

I think he needs to evolve the side/style and build another great side/way of playing. Like Ferguson did at Man Utd.

I don't agree if we are not straight back up he has failed. I see no issue us staying in the Champ for a few years if he was building something sustainable for us hopefully getting back to the EPL. Fans may have to accept that he may have to change half a dozen at least of the side. In the short term losing the continuity may lead to it taking longer but may be good in the long term.

But going back to the point if he spat the dummy out about not being allowed more signings/money now then he's treading a thin line. The Prince now holds the cards. If Wilder did walk his next job would be a mid table Champ side at best after this season. People may scoff at that but you are only as good as your most recent season/s in terms of attractiveness to employers. I recall managers like Dowie, Howe, Wagner, Jewell all having promotions aplenty but now noone is remotely interested in them and a few just left management.

I think Wilder is better than them but you get my point. He could be back at Lg 1/ 2 before you know it. Football is a tough business and a few bad seasons and a manager can be done at the top level...see Adkins...similiar type managerial trajectory to Wilder. Now can't even sniff a job.

Wilder needs to be careful as his tantrums (if there are any and not sure his no comment is that so maybe people are reading between the lines a bit too much) will not impress a board that have seen him effectively throw away 50+ million on 4 players who have not improved the side at all and Bogle maybe apart (and hes only had maybe 1 or 2 decent Prem games) look like players not good enough for this level.

He needs to just get on with things with the squad he has built now...granted a few injuries but he was the one who chose to sign Rodwell, Jags, Foderingham, Jack Robinson etc....all players he does not trust to play for the most part.

As I say I love Wilder and believe after a bad season if he stays he will come back re-energised and we will see a different side and maybe approach come August.

Thing is Wilder held all the cards before.

New contracts given every few months seemingly to him..subtle comments about the squad would see him get a player here or there. He asked the Prince for bit more money for signings...McBurnie, Berge, Ramsdale, Brewster all came in for money SUFC have never even entertained.

Yes he did not get Cash and Robinson but still was given sizeable fees even taking the wage argument out if it.

Training ground being upgraded after he kept mentioning that was another example.

He basically to some degree dictated everything and the board gave him most things they could. Yes he would have liked more on wages of course and even more money but I think overall the board have done what they can to help him. His success and what he did meant noone would question him or his decisions.

His star could not have been higher. He was the darling of the media and PL in March.

Now in less than a year...his reputation has nosedived so much it is shocking and upsetting as a huge fan of his.

His signings have been panned and mostly disastrous since the summer sadly. The consensus nationally are that his tactics and style has been worked out and we are on the verge of being the worst ever side in top flight history. We are a laughing stock and he is presiding over that.

He may get the monk on all he wants but the owner and his board will not allow more funds to be squandered and rightly so. He has had his chance really and has fucked up massively on recruitment. Not sure anyone can argue too much on that.

I am not being harsh to say Ramsdale and Brewster might feature in the 3 worst signings (fee wise...yes I know the wages argument comes into it) this Premier League season for the whole league. I am struggling to think of any others from the summer at say 15+ million that have had less impact or looked so much out of their depth. I know they are young and may improve.

If I was Abdullah I'd tell him get the players you believed in and nagged me for the money to sign,to perform or move some of them on/recoup some and then we will talk again.

Wilder can moan and grumble about not getting any more money but for once I am not in agreement if that is the case. The season has gone. It's too late now.

If he walks over that then I am not sure the football world would offer much sympathy at all. If he resigned as he felt that he'd gone as far as he could and it was just all too much mentally and he needed a break/wanted players to gave a different voice etc then that's different. I did see that happening and still might.

The above may come across as anti Wilder. It's not. I do stand by the critique of his signings particularly last summer.

I maintain and always have I want him here next season and hopefully for years to come.

I do think he needs to lose some of the stubbornness and also realise that he has to get more out of certain players. He has signed them so internal improvement/development/coaching like he did albeit at a lower level needs to be more of a factor.

I think he needs to evolve the side/style and build another great side/way of playing. Like Ferguson did at Man Utd.

I don't agree if we are not straight back up he has failed. I see no issue us staying in the Champ for a few years if he was building something sustainable for us hopefully getting back to the EPL. Fans may have to accept that he may have to change half a dozen at least of the side. In the short term losing the continuity may lead to it taking longer but may be good in the long term.

But going back to the point if he spat the dummy out about not being allowed more signings/money now then he's treading a thin line. The Prince now holds the cards. If Wilder did walk his next job would be a mid table Champ side at best after this season. People may scoff at that but you are only as good as your most recent season/s in terms of attractiveness to employers. I recall managers like Dowie, Howe, Wagner, Jewell all having promotions aplenty but now noone is remotely interested in them and a few just left management.

I think Wilder is better than them but you get my point. He could be back at Lg 1/ 2 before you know it. Football is a tough business and a few bad seasons and a manager can be done at the top level...see Adkins...similiar type managerial trajectory to Wilder. Now can't even sniff a job.

Wilder needs to be careful as his tantrums (if there are any and not sure his no comment is that so maybe people are reading between the lines a bit too much) will not impress a board that have seen him effectively throw away 50+ million on 4 players who have not improved the side at all and Bogle maybe apart (and hes only had maybe 1 or 2 decent Prem games) look like players not good enough for this level.
He needs to just get on with things with the squad he has built now...granted a few injuries but he was the one who chose to sign Rodwell, Jags, Foderingham, Jack Robinson etc....all players he does not trust to play for the most part.

As I say I love Wilder and believe after a bad season if he stays he will come back re-energised and we will see a different side and maybe approach come August.
Some good points Deadbat I agree with some of it and disagree with other parts. it Is all opinions about what goes on behind the scenes I don’t think we will ever fully know the truth about transfers and who the manager may have wanted.

Back
Top Bottom