Wages

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If anyone listened to the ‘Price of Football’ the other day they talk about the Transfer Market website and how all the player values in the Bundesliga are made up by a German social worker who just guesses values from week to week without even seeing players play.

I’d assume that the website posted on this thread uses the same principle and not even give it the time of day.

HRH/SUFC can not afford it.
Sorry, but absolutely wrong.
Other clubs bring in additional money through sponsorship of everything from the stadium down to the paperweights in the Chairman's office.

It's what the Premier League is, it's a cash cow for every club that's in it.

Sheffield United are about as marketable as a chocolate teapot, and this is due to many things.

A shit club infrastructure with a shit image that the club is actually proud of, the city itself has a shit image that it's actually proud of and revels in.

The fans like shit football, with shit players, playing a shit style, with shit tactics and zero quality, skill, creativity, flair or ability, they revel in the fact that they did it cheaper, scruffier and uglier than everybody else, and are completely blind to the fact that it's shit.

Modern, forward thinking companies and would be sponsors want nothing to do with the image that this club and this city project, and even less to do with how proud they both are of this image.

The money has come into the club, and it has been wasted on transfer fees buying players that other Premier League clubs didn't want.

Any player we did want saw Fulham and Brighton as better options,

Fulham and Brighton !!!!!!

Image is everything these days, and Sheffield's is shit, and Sheffield United's is even worse

Other clubs bring in additional money through sponsorship of everything from the stadium down to the paperweights in the Chairman's office.

I think you forget the club is still recovering from the Derek Dooley legacy all you said is probably already in place from the previous regime but if they have 2/3 year deals then nothing the club can do about it, eg one sponsorship deal already done might have brought in £20k but could be on 3 year contract yet another sponsor may be able to cover the same and offer £50k but the club cant take it till the current sponsorship deal ends.

CW said we cant afford it, HRH in recent interview said we cant afford it, so if you are calling them wrong how do you know more than the owners unless you are calling them liars ? :)

I think you forget the club is still recovering from the Derek Dooley legacy all you said is probably already in place from the previous regime but if they have 2/3 year deals then nothing the club can do about it, eg one sponsorship deal already done might have brought in £20k but could be on 3 year contract yet another sponsor may be able to cover the same and offer £50k but the club cant take it till the current sponsorship deal ends.

CW said we cant afford it, HRH in recent interview said we cant afford it, so if you are calling them wrong how do you know more than the owners unless you are calling them liars ? :)

Not calling anyone a liar. Sheffield United and "can't afford it" are actually set in stone because of all the reasons in the rest of my post that you cut out.

Horrible club image, horrible city image and no modern forward thinking mega company would be seen dead sponsoring us for similar amounts that other Premier League clubs enjoy

The answer is to change the horrible image, but the problem is all our fans like the horrible image of the club and the city, they don't actually know it has a horrible image because they don't know any better.

We’ve signed mid table championship players and that’s where we are going to end up.

How can we spend 120 million and not improve the side?
We sign squad players from derby, Leeds are signing full Spanish internationals.
How do you know we are not paying the wages?? serious question

Kinda embarrassing that stoke could attract the likes of shaqiri and arnautovic and we can't signed 1 quality player. No point in signing any quality now as we are as good as relegated so just have to prepare for the championship
They’re owned by bet 365 they’re one of the richest clubs in the country in terms of ownership.

We’ve got to start paying top wages to get the top players in premier league, £20,000 a week is nothing for top players thats why we are where we are. Players will come to the Lane if we pay good wages, if we don’t we don’t improve which is proving to be the case, we are buying championship players.
If there was a time to do this it was the summer not now. If we did this now the club would be in the champ with contracts it truly can’t shift for players that don’t want to be here demanding loan deals to get out of the club any capital invested in the playing side would immediately deprecate and we’d be circling the drain of very quickly seeing the dark days of league one again. See huddersfield but if we did drop again we’d have overheads which would be crippling at a time when no club is truly sure when it will be able to open for business again. It would frankly be criminal and could endanger the actual existence of the club I’d like united to survive this pandemic when there’s still a chance lots of other clubs might not.

Horrible club image, horrible city image and no modern forward thinking mega company would be seen dead sponsoring us for similar amounts that other Premier League clubs enjoy

Cadburys.
:D

It’s like saying why haven’t we all got a Ferrari!
Earlier post mentioned welbeck , Sturbridge and Wiltshire , how many games have they played this season ?
Plus what if you get relegated with wages like theirs on the books ?

Think it’s common knowledge we have the lowest wage budget by some distance in the premier league.

But where does that so called "common knowledge" come from ? not the players, not the club or management, CW has said we can't compete with the big boys but the rest ? who knows ?

Well we couldn’t compete with Fulham when we getting to sign Robinson, who reportedly went there for 50k a week, nor could we compete with villa for Watkins who is rumoured to be on 70k a week.

I guarantee when the accounts come out we are not paying 20k a week wages. It will be much much higher than that.

might be a low wage budget but agents won’t let players sign contracts in the PL for that, and definitely not 20m plus signings.

They might be low comparatively but over it’s a Smoke screen imo. This issue is our recruitment for the main has been TRASH

Our wage bill last season was 56 million - 16 million more than Norwich who banked the money, bought nowt and went down with their Championship squad. Bournemouth's wage bill was 112 million. I'm looking at this year's big signings Ramsdale, Brewster and Ampadu and I'm asking myself are they likely to have increased it by much this year?

Ampadu - Possibly as is doubtless on decent money at Chelsea. May be paid as part of loan fee rather than technically as wages. Tick.

Ramsdale - Still on his first Bournemouth contract that he signed when leaving United in League one when we signed him. Very unlikely to be on big money. Cross

Brewster - Bought from Liverpool so probably one of our top earners on 20-40k. Tick

Lowe/Bogle - Young prospects at Derby so unlikely to have increased wage bill too much. Cross

Burke - Busted flush at Championship promotion contenders WBA. Cross.

Jags/Rodwell extensions. Squad filler so cross.

There's a sizeable list of outs from last season that will eat up a proportion of any increases.

Total wage bill may have gone up 5-10 million tops imo.

It's what the Premier League is, it's a cash cow for every club that's in it.

Sheffield United are about as marketable as a chocolate teapot, and this is due to many things.

A shit club infrastructure with a shit image that the club is actually proud of, the city itself has a shit image that it's actually proud of and revels in.

The fans like shit football, with shit players, playing a shit style, with shit tactics and zero quality, skill, creativity, flair or ability, they revel in the fact that they did it cheaper, scruffier and uglier than everybody else, and are completely blind to the fact that it's shit.

Modern, forward thinking companies and would be sponsors want nothing to do with the image that this club and this city project, and even less to do with how proud they both are of this image.

The money has come into the club, and it has been wasted on transfer fees buying players that other Premier League clubs didn't want.

Any player we did want saw Fulham and Brighton as better options,

Fulham and Brighton !!!!!!

Image is everything these days, and Sheffield's is shit, and Sheffield United's is even worse
If your a blade, I’m Tracey Lord’s left nipple. Have a day off FFS!

Exactly
Our previous three relegations from the top flight have led to further relegations to the third division

I don't see how some people think this is going to be a relegation that will see us come back stronger

It won't
You mean like rock bottom Norwich? Even after selling off their Crown Jewels?

You mean like rock bottom Norwich? Even after selling off their Crown Jewels?
No I don't mean like Norwich

I mean like Sheffield United,

When we go down from the top flight, recent history tells us that we are more likely to go down again than go back up.

Norwich's tells us their more likely to challenge to go up again.

Ours certainly bleeding doesn't

We’ve signed mid table championship players and that’s where we are going to end up.
I disagree the players we bought were top (for the seasons they played there) Championship players, it's difficult to rate most players but goal scorers such as McBurnie and Brewster scored enough to be called top players.
Kinda embarrassing that stoke could attract the likes of shaqiri and arnautovic and we can't signed 1 quality player.
A different era in football, almost annually wages as with transfer fees rise.
How do you know we are not paying the wages?? serious question
Look at the club accounts this is why when people say Lundstram is going to Rangers for more money I can't believe it. I t may be true but the amount they have spent on wages recently would suggest not.

I’d be willing to bet Brewster is on more than double £20k a week.

from Jim's Twitter

"With a good share of our starters on £40k to £50k-£55k per week, and many, many £10s of millions of pounds out the door in transfer fees, we should be able to field a side that can win more than 2 points out 60. We did last year."

Back
Top Bottom